Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > podguard

podguard
reemas
Senior User
Dec 2, 2005, 03:13 AM

podguard is available from http://www.podguard.com

i didn't find anything in the forums about it. anyone know if it's a decent product? comparable to the invisible shield?

hickey
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2005, 01:13 PM

looks like a hell of a lot easier to install then the invisible shield. Doesnt look like they make it for the video though.

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Dec 2, 2005, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by hickey
looks like a hell of a lot easier to install then the invisible shield. Doesnt look like they make it for the video though.
they do make it for the30gb and 60gb video ipod:
https://www.podguard.com/buynow/

hickey
Mac Elite
Dec 2, 2005, 03:03 PM

so they do, I guess I missed that since I just glanced at the website

reemas  (op)
Senior User
Dec 3, 2005, 04:31 AM

just ordered a podguard for the 30gb video. i hope that site is legit though. unverified new paypal account, and based in australia?

brachiator
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2005, 09:09 PM

Yeah, I hope so, too -- I just ordered one as well!

ajbaker
Jan 5, 2006, 02:22 PM

Has anyone experienced any problems after ordering a Podguard?

I ordered mine on 2 Dec 2005. I mailed them on the 15 to be informed I should receive it in the next week.

I have still not received it. On Tuesday I emailed them again and have not received a response.

Anyone else?

brachiator
Mac Elite
Jan 5, 2006, 02:39 PM

No, I received mine pretty timely. Sorry that you are having problems with them. Perhaps they are swamped, but that's no excuse for not replying to your message...
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1861

ajbaker
Jan 24, 2006, 09:54 AM

After 45 days of none communication from podguard I filed a complaint with Paypal who have now refunded my money.

brachiator did you really get one?

All I expect from a busy company is an email informing me of such, and giving me an opportunity to look elsewhere. No communication for so long is wrong. As far as I am concerned they are a bunch of fraudsters, and should be avoided at all costs.

brachiator
Mac Elite
Jan 24, 2006, 01:49 PM

ajbaker, I have to agree - after 45 days with no contact, and you having tendered payment up front, there's little else you could conclude than fraud. Sorry to hear this.

Yes, I did in fact receive mine - you can see the "proof of delivery," so to speak, here.

crooner
Senior User
Jan 24, 2006, 04:10 PM

Here's my 2¢...
In my addiction to over-compulsive hoarding of iPod cases and films, I ordered a PodGuard set. By the time it arrived I had already received my Power Support Crystal Film and, well, once you go 3-D wheel film, you never go back.

Anyway, my ex-gf got a black 30GB for christmas and as a favor, I told her I'd put the PodGuard film on it for her as she was afraid of scratches. I'm VERY happy to report that it looked like CRAPOLA. I mean, this stuff was worse than Decal Girl's clear film. Totally visible, sized badly, bubbly as all get out. I hope every time she can't see her screen properly she thinks of me.

No... I’m not bitter.

To dislike Sinatra is a sign of highly questionable taste. To dislike the Beatles is a serious character flaw.

brachiator
Mac Elite
Jan 24, 2006, 07:16 PM

Good to hear, crooner. I haven't applied my podguard yet. Maybe I won't, now. Maybe I will order from Power Support...

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 24, 2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by crooner
Here's my 2¢...
In my addiction to over-compulsive hoarding of iPod cases and films, I ordered a PodGuard set. By the time it arrived I had already received my Power Support Crystal Film and, well, once you go 3-D wheel film, you never go back.

Anyway, my ex-gf got a black 30GB for christmas and as a favor, I told her I'd put the PodGuard film on it for her as she was afraid of scratches. I'm VERY happy to report that it looked like CRAPOLA. I mean, this stuff was worse than Decal Girl's clear film. Totally visible, sized badly, bubbly as all get out. I hope every time she can't see her screen properly she thinks of me.

No... I’m not bitter.
It sounds like plastic wrap would look better! Wow, how impressively bad that appears.

On a related note, there's another thread about Podguard that may bear attention. They don't seem to be completely on the up and up...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Jan 24, 2006, 09:05 PM

i got my first ipod, a black nano today...nice!
i'm using the radtech clearcal.
cheaper than the podguard, open space for the clickwheel, works great.

ordered it saturday, had it monday.
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

floatingzen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2006, 04:36 AM

Bought my protector from this website. Quite happy with the product and service. No more scratches so far.

Kenneth

Forum Links
Forum Rules