Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Fedora 7 on Parallels

Fedora 7 on Parallels
rusua
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2007, 04:55 PM

Hello,

I have a Macbook, and I want to install Linux Fedora 7. According to the last PDF Parallels guide, last version supports Fedora 7. I've installed Parallels v3.0.5160, but the problem is the following: in the list of OS Versions for Linux OS type, it doesn't appear "Fedora". Should I choose "Fedora Core"? Or "Other Linux"?

Thanks in advance.
University of València, Spain.
Mail me here.

E.N.J.O.Y. yourself !

Sven G
Professional Poster
Dec 19, 2007, 12:53 PM

It's not all that important, but you could indeed choose "Fedora Core": mainly, probably, the various options allocate the right memory for the VM, above all.

For Fedora, you should have at least 256 MB for the virtual machine: but 512 MB is maybe better, at least during the install.

Tha main problem with Parallels, sofar, is that its Linux virtual machine additions - see subsequent X11 problems, etc. - aren't as compatible as they should be: maybe it would be better to wait for a future update, on this front...

The freedom of all is essential to my freedom. - Mikhail Bakunin

Forum Links
Forum Rules