Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Is ravenholm the end of the zombies? (Half-life 2)

Is ravenholm the end of the zombies? (Half-life 2)
penultimatey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2011, 09:54 AM

So I got half-life 2 the other day and Im like 1/3 through ravenholm and I hate it like not because its hard because its just stupid, hacking through hordes of zombies with my crowbar, dodging that poison headcrab, OH it hit me and now Im dead. So is ravenholm the end, will I get into that mine Im hearing about and that will be it? Will I be free of the horror part of half-life2 and get back to the FPS or will it just go on forever?

penultimatey  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2011, 09:55 AM

Oh and do I get anything other than the shotgun in ravenholm/the mine? (I think Im going to skip the rest its just so boring so I need an item-list to spawn myself so Im up to speed)
( Last edited by penultimatey; Apr 12, 2011 at 10:13 AM. )

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 13, 2011, 04:08 PM

You will encounter zombies more in the mine itself, and also two chapters from now. A smattering of Zs will also be towards the end of the game. Episode 1 has an entire zombie chapter, and episode 2 also has lots of zombies.

Personally, Ravenholm is one of my favorite chapters from the whole series, but I also love zombies in any incarnation.

Exiting the mine you will get the Pulse Rifle for the first time.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2011, 09:26 PM

If I remember right, there's a Steam achievement for completing Ravenholme using only the gravity gun. Someday I might go back and try it.

But yeah, there are indeed zombies in later levels, and there are zombies and "zombines" in the follow-up episodes. Get used to it.

Theodour
Forum Regular
May 3, 2011, 03:00 AM

I liked ravenholm ... it took me a while to figure out you could toss the saw-blades, but once I did it made it 10x more fun.

sek929
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2011, 03:10 PM

I tried for the "go through Ravenholm with only the gravity gun" achievement and didn't realize the chapter continues for a few minutes once you exit the mine. I screwed it up.

At the one point where the fast zombies continually barrage you I was down to throwing cardboard boxes at them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules