Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Bungie's Destiny

Bungie's Destiny (Page 3)
Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2014, 04:56 PM

Here's my current setup. The armband has purple flames but it doesn't show up in this pic.

( Last edited by Stogieman; Oct 28, 2014 at 03:41 AM. )

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Oct 28, 2014, 08:49 AM

Interesting helmet. Certainly a more lively outfit than that other one.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Oct 28, 2014, 08:51 AM

My gear's all raggedy-looking, but at least I'm Lv26 now.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2014, 12:50 PM

Lol! I can't believe I got the triple play achievement. I thought it would take forever to get that as few players play hunters. I was playing Control and did a Super kill of 3 enemies on a control point and the achievement popped! What are the chances that you get a triple kill with a Super and the enemies are one of each class! Died right after that, too.

My Titan's now at 24 and I've just started a Warlock.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2014, 02:41 AM

Same thing happened to me last night but I got my triple kill with a rocket launcher. I couldn't believe it when the trophy popped.

On a funnier note, I was playing Control on the Venus map, Shores of Time. A bunch of us were capturing point B when I noticed a titan approaching on our right. He performed a double jump and was about to do his super move. (Ground pound) As he reached the apex of his jump and activated his super, I fired a "Hail Mary" bullet with my sniper rifle. I managed to get a no-scope headshot and robbed the guy of a triple, possible quad kill. To rub salt in his wounds, it was the last kill of the match. Man, I wish I recorded that.

The best part was after the match. The guy sent me a message, called me the N word and said he was going to report me to Sony for using a aim bot.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Nov 6, 2014, 05:54 PM

Remind me NEVER to play against you. Your deadly.

That sure would have been something to see, though.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Nov 17, 2014, 08:15 PM

Damn, 2.44 GB update today. Won't be playing much as I wait for that to download.

At least it's supposed to give more bounty slots and other new stuff.
MacBook Pro

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 18, 2014, 03:44 AM

Increases the bounty slots to ten, which is a huge difference. We ground out a few of them before calling it a night.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Nov 18, 2014, 07:41 AM

So, the patch wanged my install, necessitating a re-install. No gaming for Mike last night.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Nov 18, 2014, 09:43 AM

Bungie trying to save you from yourself.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Nov 18, 2014, 10:32 AM

I have historically needed saving from Bungie games, yes.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Nov 24, 2014, 10:16 PM

Why would you limit the number of total Vanguard marks you can have in inventory? !?! Grrrrrrr. I probably lost 40 or marks because I didn't know the total limit was 200. Finally realized my Vanguard marks wasn't increasing so I bought a piece of armor just to dismantle it for shards, so I could lower it. I was saving up for weapons, but I needed more reputation.

Thinking about this Destiny should at least give you a warning about this.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 25, 2014, 03:26 PM

Your reputation still increases even when your Vanguard marks are maxed at 200.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Nov 28, 2014, 10:54 AM

Yeah, but it's a waste of marks. I probably lost 40 marks that way if not more.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 3, 2014, 05:57 PM

So, uh, some people aren't pleased with some of Bungie's revisions in the latest patch. Sort of devaluing previous grinding or something.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 3, 2014, 07:05 PM

They made it easier/faster to upgrade your exotic gear. Ascendant material is no longer needed. Now the final node of all exotic gear will require an exotic shard. Exotic shards can be obtained by dimantling unwanted Exotics or can be purchased from Xur for 7 strange coins. It's still a grind but not as bad as before.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Dec 3, 2014, 07:10 PM

Yeah, I think it'll be fine. Bungie games are laden with a fanbase that demands changes because "WE ALL WANT."

Destiny is a polarizing game, that still has a massive, MASSIVE player base. I think we'll all be fine.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 4, 2014, 09:44 AM

I'm not concerned about players leaving the game, just more curious about your opinions. I know they enabled something to preserve legendaries coming into the DLC, though thats some type of investment as well.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2014, 07:58 PM

I like the new changes. You still need to grind to obtain exotic gear but upgrading is faster. Some exotic weapons that were nerfed in previous releases have been buffed and are usable again. And they seem to have fixed the connection bugs with the raid. No complaints here.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Dec 4, 2014, 11:38 PM

They seem to be fixing the public event loot collection at the postmaster too. It got taken out in the last patch, "accidentally."

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 5, 2014, 10:59 AM

I had connection problems with crucible. I hope they fixed those. The game seemed to be quite picky about connections. Nothing worse than playing halfway or almost all the way through a Control match and being kicked out with nothing to show for it.

That and I once got kicked out of a Strike game just before the mission ended.

I can see how the changes for exotics would piss people off. For example I have my MIDA Tool scout rifle exotic upgraded all the way except for the last upgrade. I just wasted all those shards?

What happens with exotics that are partially upgraded? Do I need to finish it the old or new way?

What really pissed me off was that the last update cut you off from receiving your daily reward from the post office for completing your first public event of the day.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2014, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
What happens with exotics that are partially upgraded? Do I need to finish it the old or new way?
All remaining upgrades will be completed the new way, no ascendant material required. I was in the middle of upgrading my Gjallarhorn Rocket Launcher when the new release hit. That saved me from having to grind out 18 ascendant energy items.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 5, 2014, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
I like the new changes. You still need to grind to obtain exotic gear but upgrading is faster. Some exotic weapons that were nerfed in previous releases have been buffed and are usable again. And they seem to have fixed the connection bugs with the raid. No complaints here.
Yeah, I don't know how often you play, but the less frequent players are content, while some of the hardcore play all the time people are fuming.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Dec 5, 2014, 02:05 PM

I'm fine with it, but I have the advantage of age, non-hardcore play, and the lack of give-a-shit to what game developers do.

They changed it. Players can either deal with it, or move on.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2014, 02:13 PM

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 7, 2014, 12:55 AM

Had the stupidest and luckiest thing happen today. I got thrown into a Strike at the last second of the game and won an exotic for doing nothing. Lol

That's gotta be karma for those disconnects last week in Strike and Crucible.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 9, 2014, 01:24 PM

What exotic did you get? Don't tell me it was the Ice Breaker.

BTW, new DLC comes out today. Love this trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4icKXFytWM

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 9, 2014, 03:38 PM

What exotic did you get? Don't tell me it was the Ice Breaker.
I got a shotgun called the Universal Remote and for some reason it's in my primary weapons (maybe because of the range - it's supposed to have a longer range similar to a rifle?).

So now I have the MIDA Tool, the Pocket Infinity, and the Universal Remote. Not bad.

Yes, the new DLC is supposed to be out today. I think I'll wait a week. I seem to be a bit behind everyone anyways.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 9, 2014, 03:45 PM

I wish there was a way to tell what was in those green and blue glowy globes before you picked them up. I really don't need any more armor or plasteel, but I still need as many weapon parts as I can get. So I pick up every green or blue glowy thing I see.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 9, 2014, 07:04 PM

I have to agree with you. Love that trailer.
MacBook Pro

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 9, 2014, 07:45 PM

Just got back into things right before my second loin fruit was born, and now I'm back to missing everything, since newborns don't do well with games that can't be paused.

Crap.

In any case, y'all come in here and post new armor shots when you get them. I'll be curious to see them.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 9, 2014, 09:18 PM

Yeah, logged in today to see that all my legendary armor, which I hadn't got completely upgraded is now obsolete. But that seems to be how this game works. I guess I'll have to buy all new armor and dismantle my old armor piece by piece. All new Legendary armor seems to have light max of 33.

Looks like Legendary weapons are more powerful - luckily before the update I was 1 rep point from being reputation rank 4 for New Monarchy, so I got a new Legenday machine gun from them when I hit rank 4. Got a crucible commendation and a strange coin too.

Sort of good that I didn't finish the Exotic Pulse rifle bounty I have. I should get the more powerful version, rather than having to re-upgrade it.

Saw Eris. She won't let me buy her stuff without the expansion - saw a new shader I liked and couldn't buy it.
( Last edited by Leonard; Dec 9, 2014 at 11:28 PM. )
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 12, 2014, 11:00 AM

I'm starting to think Destiny is screwing up the currencies in this game. They created the Vanguard and Crucible Marks. Vanguard Marks for the Vanguard (single player and cooperative playing) and Crucible for the Crucible (multiplayer).

Then they allowed Vanguard or Crucible rep to go towards the faction rep. Still ok. But the factions only allow buying of gear in Crucible marks. Still ok.

But now they introduced the Vanguard and Crucible Commendations, which I think screwed things up. As you can only earn Crucible commendations from factions, I think. Which means if you are doing Vanguard stuff and upping your faction rep with Vanguard stuff, you are earning Vanguard marks, BUT crucible commendations. YOUR SCREWED. You won't be able to buy gear from the faction, I think, because they require crucible marks which you have none and you won't be able to buy gear from the Vanguard because they require Vanguard commendations which you have none.

They should have stuck with 1 commendation currency.

From what I heard, commendations are required to buy gear and armor (for armor, its apparently just the helmet and breastplate that require commendations)
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2015, 06:13 AM

Re: Patchnotes for 1/13 (aka the no sympathy for cheaters patch)

Crota’s End – Updates
The existing Pit treasure chest reward moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger. She has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials.
The Pit treasure chest will now contain Radiant Materials.

Pit Encounter
Removed the physics impulse caused by exploding lanterns.

Bridge Encounter
Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter.
Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword.

Deathsinger Encounter
Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger.

Crota Encounter
Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter. (They're referring to this.)
Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits.
Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability.
Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active.

Vault of Glass – Updates
Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32.

Full notes at News > Bungie Weekly Update - 01/08/2015 | Bungie.net

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2015, 02:04 PM

If you don't have an Ice Breaker get your ass over to Xur. He's selling the exotic sniper rifle for 17 strange coins this weekend.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Jan 16, 2015, 03:07 PM

Yeah, when I get on tonight that's first on my list.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 19, 2015, 12:28 PM

Yeah, I bought that as well.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2015, 07:52 PM

I purchased two Ice Breakers over the weekend. I'm going to give one to my Titan once he reaches level 20 so I don't have to worry about swapping weapons between characters.

Exotic weapons have been dropping for me lately. I got a Vex Mythoclast, Universal Remote and a Patience & Time this past week.

My exotic weapon list so far:
Primary -
Bad Juju
Thorn
Vex Mythoclast
Universal Remote

Secondary -
Ice Breaker
Plan C
Invective
Pocket Infinity
Patience & Time

Heavy Weapons -
Gjallarhorn
The Truth
Dragon's Breath
Super Good Advice

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2015, 11:43 AM

Okay, I'll do my list too.

My exotic weapon list so far:

Primary -
Bad Juju (2)
MIDA Multi-Tool
Universal Remote

Secondary -
Ice Breaker
Pocket Infinity
Patience & Time

Heavy Weapons -
The Truth
Super Good Advice (2)

There's been a couple of exotic quests though, that I just cancelled. I think one of them was the Thorn. They gave me a choice between 2 of the hard quests (I'm not always good at Crucuible). Besides I think I have 2 legendary hand cannons now, as well as 2 legendary scout rifles. I like the scout rifles, I use the MIDA Multitool a lot, and bought the B-line Trauma (fast fire, lower impact) and Badger (slow fire, higher impact).

I have a friend who says he's gotten 4 Mythoclasts, but he does a lot of raids. I did my first raid (VOG) last Friday and it took me 1.5 hours. We had 3 newbies, which included me. Luckily the experienced players were patient with us. I must have died several times at the platforming. Half of them after the platform on the edge. I think I reached the edge on my second try, but died on the edge a few times and died jumping on the platforms to get back to the edge.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 21, 2015, 11:56 AM

What does everyone have for characters and exotic armor?

I've got:
Titan 31 (Armortorium, An Insurmountable Skullfort)
Warlock 28 (Sunbreakers)

No Hunter yet.
MacBook Pro

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2015, 01:46 PM

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 17, 2015, 01:54 PM

This is ****ing amazing! These dudes were able to drive a Sparrow all the way to Atheon in the Vault of Glass raid... on their first try. They started off with 3 Sparrows but only one person made it past the Gorgon Maze and jumping puzzle.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Feb 17, 2015, 02:04 PM

32! Made it yesterday.

Now, all I want to do is level my alt...

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2015, 02:54 AM

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2015, 03:22 PM

Finally some new missions and raids. Let's hope it has more content than the Crota expansion pack.

House of Wolves will be released May 19th.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Apr 13, 2015, 04:38 PM

The shooting is just SO satisfying... STILL playing near religiously.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 13, 2015, 05:14 PM

Same here. I almost have all three characters maxed out to level 32. (My Hunter is currently at 31.)

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Apr 14, 2015, 12:06 PM

Finally some new missions and raids.
Destiny House of Wolves will Have no New Raid - NeoGAF

Leonard
Professional Poster
Apr 17, 2015, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
That'll piss off all those level 32 experts.

I'm still a measely level 31 or 30 on my 3 characters. I don't do raids that much as it takes too much time to organize and run.

I see they implemented their restrictions on special ammo in Crucible. Stingy buggers. I hate when you run out of ammo on a shotgun. Now you run out of shotgun ammo even more, and have to try and beat your opponent to death.
MacBook Pro

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Apr 17, 2015, 05:20 PM

I've got a 32, and I'm not upset. Looks like the cooperative battle arena is some sort of Horde/Firefight thing, and I AM ALL ABOUT THAT.

Forum Links
Forum Rules