Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Performa TV

Performa TV
willed
Professional Poster
Apr 7, 2001, 12:32 PM

I've got a Performa 5400/180 which did have a TV card in it. Unfortunately, the aerial plug snapped off. The first time it was under warranty, but now it's over 4 years old and they probably don't even make the (Apple) PAL TV tuner cards any more. 1st, if anyone knows where I can get that tuner card in the UK, or has one they'd be willing to sell, please tell me. I really only want to use it as a PlayStation TV, though, and the S-Video port still works, and there are those 3 ports, red white and yellow, if you know what I mean, that camcorders etc used to plug into before FireWire. If anyone knows how to get a PS signal into these, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Will

l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 7, 2001, 11:04 PM

There are two types of playstion plugs, the kind that have the coaxial cable, like a cable tv cable, and the kind that have the 3 RCA cables, the red white and yellow. Mine came with the RCA cables, but you can buy both of them at any place that sells playstation acceories. And I have to say, that is a poor punishment to give to your old performa :-( I could have that thing up and workign in tip top shape! Also, if you REALLY want the TV Tuner card, you can get them, like you can everythign else, on ebay!

------------------
Make Money With Your Macintosh!

jarends
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2001, 01:34 AM

this post was a mistake. **deleted**

[This message has been edited by jarends (edited 04-08-2001).]

willed  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 8, 2001, 09:33 AM

Oh, don't worry, I meant I don't really need the TV tuner bit, but I do use the computer daily for work and play. Thanks for the advice

Will

Forum Links
Forum Rules