Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Wolfenstein Graphics Config

Wolfenstein Graphics Config
bhaggs
Forum Regular
Nov 7, 2001, 03:59 PM

I downloaded wolfenstein and gave it a try but am a little disappointed. The graphics appear to be somewhat interlaced.

What is the best configuration for the game on the Ti550?

BTW, The MP beta 2 is out.
Keep it real, keep it happy, keep it hardcore!

GK
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 7, 2001, 06:55 PM

I downloaded RtCW 2 yesterday, way to slow for my Ti400/386. frustrating. could only play it in smallest window, size of a stamp. How was the performance in the new Ti ? Graphics were crappy, worse than in Test 1, but that's why it's a beta . Hopefully the final version (due before xmas) will be playable on my TI .

<cool>
Nov 7, 2001, 10:03 PM

u need to make sure its on 32bit, the radon card in the new ti books makes games at 16bit look really bad... It runs really well though at 32bit with the other settings at standard. Very fast and great graphics... hope that helps.

KellyHogan
Banned
Location: The Breakaway Democratic Banana Republic of Jakichanistan.
Nov 8, 2001, 05:16 AM

Originally posted by &lt;cool&gt;:
<STRONG>u need to make sure its on 32bit, the radon card in the new ti books makes games at 16bit look really bad... It runs really well though at 32bit with the other settings at standard. Very fast and great graphics... hope that helps.</STRONG>
Yep, 16 bit look like shi+. At 32bit you can run the game at 1024x768 and its OK at around 25FPS. That's pretty good. Just don't try to run Max Payne (if it comes out on the Mac) at that rez. It's the most graphically intensive game in the world.

workerbee
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2001, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by KellyHogan:
<STRONG>Yep, 16 bit look like shi+. At 32bit you can run the game at 1024x768 and its OK at around 25FPS. That's pretty good. Just don't try to run Max Payne (if it comes out on the Mac) at that rez. It's the most graphically intensive game in the world.</STRONG>
I've just bought a 867 G4/GeForce3 with 17" Apple Display, and while the overall quality and speed is truly outstanding, I feel very bothered by the unbearable noise of the system. Now I'm considering selling it all again (I bought at a good price, so it won't hurt that much) and going for a TiBook 667. (My previous Mac was a Pismo 500).
How would you say does the TiBook's graphics compare? Unbearably slow, or is it possible to play current games at reasonable speed/quality? (Wolfenstein looks unbelievable at best settings 1280x1024!). What about Giants Citizen Kabuto, or Max Payne? Will it be possible to play them at all on a TiBook? And what about OSX/Quartz? Things run extremely nicely on the G4/GF3 combo, and scaling back will be hard -- but bearable if not too noticeable.
TIA for any hints, and sorry if this seems a bit naive.
MBP 15" 2.33GHz C2D 3GB 2*23" ACD

Forum Links
Forum Rules