Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > 933 + 22" cinema $3600, WTF???

933 + 22" cinema $3600, WTF???
davidflas
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2002, 06:45 PM

This auction on ebay seems too good to be true any thoughts?

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: davidflas ]
2.7Ghz 15" Mid 2012 MBP 16GB RAM 7.2k 750GB HD anti-glare display|64GB iPad4 ATT LTE|

InterfaceGuy
Senior User
Jan 31, 2002, 06:49 PM

If you are speaking of this auction then it is true. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=2000265161

I've e-mailed people that purchased from this guy and he is legit. I purchased an 867 with 17" display for $2275 on Monday. Brand new in the unopened box. Should have it within 14 days according to the auction page. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1327985628

This guy has great prices on other computers also. http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...sort=2&rows=25

wareagle72
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 31, 2002, 06:59 PM

Keep us posted InterfaceGuy! Very interested to see how things work out.

davidflas  (op)
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2002, 07:04 PM

I was just a little suspicious since it seems like its possible to get a$2500 monitor for $700, and the graphics card listed is the GeForce 2MX, prehaps its just a typo. When you get your system let us know. My father is in the market for a new G4 as his G3/266 MT is on its way out, and this deal seems right up his alley
2.7Ghz 15" Mid 2012 MBP 16GB RAM 7.2k 750GB HD anti-glare display|64GB iPad4 ATT LTE|

Dan Szwarc
Senior User
Jan 31, 2002, 07:23 PM

I've been following this guy's auctions for about 2-3 weeks now. here's what I've noticed:

The negative feedback is from people who are impatient and don't like waiting 2+ weeks for their product.

He only accepts cash-like payments. There is no way to protect your purchase.

His auctions are always 3 day only and always end with buy-it-now because the prices are so good.

InterfaceGuy: I am suspcicous of this man. Then again, I don't know you. You could be HIM.

I have been checking his feedback frequently. I came across a brand new iMac that the buyer had left feedback on BEFORE new iMacs were reported to have shipped (to my best knowledge). Something's fishy.

I see some of his prices on the 733/867/800DP systems was probably nothing more than an anticipation of the reduced prices because of the new models.

Please, keep us posted on your auction results. If only I had the CASH to order one of these systems....
Dan
"I guarantee that I am correct."
(not a guarantee)

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2002, 08:00 PM

How many suckers are out there? This looks like another J.C. Morris type thread? 933s are hardly even shipping yet, and this guy's offering super deals? If you send cash to this guy, you deserve to get fleeced. P.T. Barnum was right!
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

InterfaceGuy
Senior User
Jan 31, 2002, 11:37 PM

The iMac sale does seem strange. Maybe the person posted feedback before he received the system. I felt secure in sending him money as I e-mailed 5 people that had bought this same system with the display and all received the systems as advertised, 3 within 2 weeks time, the other 2 within a month. Also, he has 230 positive feedbacks which also makes me feel good about the deal. As far as the 933, he does not have them in stock, he orders it after you purchase under eBay's pre-purchase agreement. Under this he has 30 days to ship the system to you or he has to give your money back. This is the way he sales all of his systems, according to the auction pages. One of the buyers mailed me back saying that the purchase invoice has his name as the purchaser and had the buyer as the shipping address. I'm not positive but if you send in to Apple for the rebate it may be sent to him since it looks as if he is the person that bought the computer.

VanToffler
Forum Regular
Jan 31, 2002, 11:44 PM

I got taken on eBay for about $1000 last year. The account the guy was using to rip people off was not his own, it was hijacked from a legit seller with 100+ positive feedbacks. There are some very elaborate scams out there, you just never know. If the guy is around for more than a couple months doing these deals day after day, then he's probably legit. Otherwise, eBay would be getting tons of complaints and would take action one way or the other.

I would avoid him like the plague until you can verify FOR SURE that you are talking to a legit buyer or two that got what he promised.

Dan Szwarc
Senior User
Feb 1, 2002, 08:11 AM

One thing I have noticed is that the feedback has been rolling in for the last month, all based on sales from last year and early this year. Some recent negative feedback is mostly people who didn't get their systems fast enough. He used to take Paypal and then he stopped and some people got caught in the transition either becuase they didn't read or the seller didn't change all references to Paypal in his auctions.

Anyway, There was a period of about 4 months where he got no feedback. You can't check what he sold back then because it's off ebay's list. He does sell a ton of stuff and has about 10-20 new auctions a week.

Good luck.
Dan
(not a guarantee)

Cipher13
Feb 1, 2002, 09:23 AM

I wonder, off the back of which truck he gets these systems...

michad
Feb 1, 2002, 12:26 PM

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I "won" an auction from this bunch on October 3, 2001. After waiting and being lied to for 39 business days, calling the FBI and the Boylston PD I finally received my monies back.

Here's what I know for fact, Drew, Teresa and anyone ebaying from their company are at best disorganized to the point of pity or at worst liars and thieves.

Feel free to contact me if you want more info.

After the release Monday I ordered a G4/800D from smalldog...and I will continue to do business with them.
cessante causa cessat et effectus
when the cause ceases, so does the effect

Bodhi
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 1, 2002, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by michad:
<STRONG>STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I "won" an auction from this bunch on October 3, 2001. After waiting and being lied to for 39 business days, calling the FBI and the Boylston PD I finally received my monies back.

Here's what I know for fact, Drew, Teresa and anyone ebaying from their company are at best disorganized to the point of pity or at worst liars and thieves.

Feel free to contact me if you want more info.

After the release Monday I ordered a G4/800D from smalldog...and I will continue to do business with them.</STRONG>
Feel free to pass on the additional info here...
~Peace~

joe versace
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2002, 09:39 PM

I purchased a G4 and 17" Studio display for my son from Shadowsb. Took five weeks to arrive, so I was very concerned all the while. Was brand new and outfitted as it appeared on the Apple website. Bills of sale from macconnection were in the boxes. The amounts totaled about $1,000 more than I paid. Considered also getting the police involved. I dealt with my anxiety by maintaining constant contact with the seller, who always replied promptly. I think there are a few things going on. I think the sellers are sincere, but may be in a little over their heads. Might be a small-time cottage-type industry that operates at the mercy of the reseller/wholesaler, shipping companies and so on. I suspect this is an after-work/part-time thing for the sellers. They have no money to buy and keep inventory, so they need to have yours to operate. I purchased mine just before the price drop and was told I'd receive a rebate check for the difference. Haven't seen it yet, and I am holding my breath on this one.

Dan Szwarc
Senior User
Feb 3, 2002, 05:11 AM

I see his feedback rating is up a few points. Some people are getting their systems.

I ordered from smalldog. I don't have the cash to take chances with.

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: Dan Szwarc ]
Dan
(not a guarantee)

Dan Szwarc
Senior User
Feb 3, 2002, 08:29 PM

Whoa. I hope nobody was waiting for any purchases from shadowsb because as of Monday morning he is SUSPENDED!

That's right, folks. He is not listed as "Not a Registered User" and according to eBay's definition either he requested to be removed or they suspended him.

Busted! I knew it was too good to be true!
Dan
(not a guarantee)

InterfaceGuy
Senior User
Feb 26, 2002, 08:53 PM

Its been a month tomorrow since I purchcased the system on eBay. Last Wednesday I was told that the system and display had shipped on Tuesday afternoon two day air and was given a tracking number that was not in the UPS database as of Thursday afternoon. My mom, who was buying this system with me and used her bank account to wire Teresa the money, called the Boylston PD and talked to two detectives that have dealed with her recently. She mailed me a refund on Thursday and I received it Friday. Upon a call to her bank, before attemting to cash the check, it was revealed that the account the check was written on did not have sufficient funds to cash the check. My mom called the bank and reversed the wire. Teresa went into the bank today and signed the papers allowing the reverse wire to go through and I received my money this afternoon. I will never do anything this stupid again. I might have received a computer if I waited another month but then again I may have never received it. All I ever heard from Teresa was lie after lie. The only thing she ever did that she said she'd do is send me a check, which was bad... and finally allow the reverse wire to go through. After a months waisted time and many many prayers, I'm back to where I started.

davidflas  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2002, 09:10 PM

InterfaceGuy,

Sorry to hear that things didn't turn out for you, at least you didn't have to involve the court system. Thanks for posting the update, perhaps it will serve as a warning to others.

liquidh2o
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2002, 09:29 PM

I wish i would've seen this thread earlier.

I was also lured in by the promise of a low price on an awesome setup(867mhz + 17" lcd) and teresa had my money for well over two months. Promises promises, but no computer ever came. it took me quite a while to get my money back. I finally started doing research, showed her I had her previous and current addresses, knew where she went to college, her social security # etc.. and i threatened to go to the media and police about how someone was trying to rip off a military person(note this was right after the sept. 11, and a friend of mine had gotten scammed on buying a car, he went to the media and they ate it up, and needless to say my friend(he's in the military too) got his money back)). I eventually got a check and it did go thru and cleared.

My recomendation, never deal with her.

Will Brocklebank
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2002, 02:41 PM

I am currently waiting (hoping) for a $2475 refund that Teresa and Drew promised me in early Feb.

As was said above these people are either in way over their heads or the're crooks... I reckon the latter.

If anyone else knows anything that they think might help me get my money I would be VERY grateful to hear it. Especially as I am doing this from London, UK which makes it doubly difficult to get them to respond to me. I have filed the FBI report and will go to Boylston PD if only I could get a name to deal with.

Please, please... Many thanks in advance.

PS Brilliant tactic using the military/media angle. Excellent

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Mar 7, 2002, 04:26 PM

Just one more reason to just buy from Apple. I may pay a little more, but I don't even have to think "I wonder if I'm ever going to get my computer"... And the Apple people are so nice...

Justin D'Onofrio
Mar 7, 2002, 05:36 PM

...but I don't even have to think "I wonder if I'm ever going to get my computer"
Haha, quite amusing, considering many people are wondering if they'll ever get their new iMacs!!!

-- justin

yoyo52
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2002, 05:46 PM

This isn't about the particular folks in this thread, but I think it's important to post. Over the last month or so, I've gotten three different emails from sources that claim to be eBay, asking that I verify my account, or that I make sure that my password or whatever is accurate. The emails always give link to pages that look remarkably like real eBay pages, but are not. I notified eBay of the emails, although if you've ever tried to do that you'll know how difficult it is to do. However, I have got absolutely no feed back from eBay on whether they've pursued the emails or the links. So the story about people hijacking legitimate accounts seems very valid to me. I'd be very very careful of anything that looks remotely too good to be true. Obviously, I'd also be very careful about believing any email I get asking to verify an account.
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Mar 7, 2002, 11:56 PM

He was suspended from ebay, not legit.

i rest my case.
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

Nep2ne
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 8, 2002, 01:13 AM

Ergh, all of this is extremely stomach-churning stuff to be reading. The last computer I bought off of Ebay was a Centris 610 back in 96. Fortunately, everything worked out fine. Since then, the entire site has been inundated with terrible cases of fraud.

I work for a company that sells Macs and does repairs, and it's sad to see how many people come by with their machines the day they get them. One of the first questions we ask is "did you get this machine here?" and every so often we get the "No, I got it off Ebay...."

But I have to say this: it all boils down to the source, meaning that if it weren't for Apple forcing a stranglehold of pricing structures on everyone that sells their units, there wouldn't be the desperate folks out there trying to find the deals that are "too good to be true". I don't want to fault Jobs for winning the clone wars, but I still don't think there is anything wrong with licensing software to run on other machines. But thats an argument for another post. For now, all I can say is "sorry".
------
Friend of All Cats.

Dan Szwarc
Senior User
Mar 8, 2002, 08:15 AM

Are there any other people out there who have been taken by ShadowSB?
Dan
(not a guarantee)

broach
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2002, 06:49 PM

Well I was taken to it looks like. It will be 4 weeks on Monday. Lots of empty promises working on getting my money back now. Thing is I ordered three systems. Wife is out on work because we had a baby I saw an oppurtunity to make extra money and now I am looking at going to jail. I got people filing fraud charges against me now because I can't produce anything. Looks like I will be seeing my newborn from jail because these people totally screwed me over. Does anyone have any solid information besides her work and cell number. I am struggling to find out what to do. I am really in a rock and a hard place here when all I was trying to do is help my family out. How about that one?

andymcdeee
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2002, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by broach:
<STRONG>Well I was taken to it looks like. &lt; snip &gt; How about that one?</STRONG>
Ummm.....yes, that's one of the most rugged things I've read on these forums. Hope someone can help you out. Bugger.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Mar 10, 2002, 07:54 PM

OMG, if everything could go wrong it did

I feel for sorry for ya broach, wish i could help ya out
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

OverclockedHomoSapien
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2002, 11:34 PM

When it comes to eBay and large purchases, it's best to deal with someone who is within driving distance. Don't send large amounts of money you cannot afford to part with to some stranger from eBay. Find sellers who live nearby and pay for the item in person. Otherwise it's dicey at best.

I feel for you guys who've lost big money on eBay, but what posessed you to send so much money to someone you don't know? The sellers at eBay are not businesses, they are not bonded, they don't have a business license, they are total strangers who have done nothing to earn your trust!

Damn if I lost over $1000 to someone on eBay, I would be driving across the country to their residence and kicking some serious arse. Hell if you are about to land in jail because of some scammer on eBay, then what have you got to lose? Hunt the seller down and extricate your money from him physically if you must!
[FONT="book antiqua"]"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson, 1816.[/FONT]

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Mar 11, 2002, 12:09 AM

Originally posted by OverclockedHomoSapien:
<STRONG>When it comes to eBay and large purchases, it's best to deal with someone who is within driving distance. Don't send large amounts of money you cannot afford to part with to some stranger from eBay. Find sellers who live nearby and pay for the item in person. Otherwise it's dicey at best.

I feel for you guys who've lost big money on eBay, but what posessed you to send so much money to someone you don't know? The sellers at eBay are not businesses, they are not bonded, they don't have a business license, they are total strangers who have done nothing to earn your trust!

Damn if I lost over $1000 to someone on eBay, I would be driving across the country to their residence and kicking some serious arse. Hell if you are about to land in jail because of some scammer on eBay, then what have you got to lose? Hunt the seller down and extricate your money from him physically if you must!</STRONG>

I'd hurt the person, we might go to apple HQ and talk to the person who told us I probably abused my computer if something doesn't happen soon ;D

danbrew
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2002, 09:08 AM

Well I was taken to it looks like. It will be 4 weeks on Monday. Lots of empty promises working on getting my money back now. Thing is I ordered three systems. Wife is out on work because we had a baby I saw an oppurtunity to make extra money and now I am looking at going to jail. I got people filing fraud charges against me now because I can't produce anything. Looks like I will be seeing my newborn from jail because these people totally screwed me over. Does anyone have any solid information besides her work and cell number. I am struggling to find out what to do. I am really in a rock and a hard place here when all I was trying to do is help my family out. How about that one?
Good God, how in the world are you going to end up in jail? Did you actually place an order with these guys and then presell the computers to some other guy? And he gave you the money?

Honest, I'm extremely curious - how have you set yourself up that charges will be filed against you?

liquidh2o
Forum Regular
Mar 11, 2002, 09:34 AM

I think you should step back and just think about what you did in this situation. While i'm not saying you have no right to blame them for your misfortune, but did it ever occur to you they are trying to do the same thing you did?

If you want to know how there little system goes, this is "supposedly" how it works.

Teresa gets her computers through a distributor(ie macmall, macconnection etc..). They aren't brand new(suprise!). Most are refurbs, have or had minor cosmetic problems, or were returns. The real kicker is, apparently she buys these computers in 'lots.' She gets a variety of things in each lot, but isn't guaranteed to get any set amount(or any for that matter) of a particular product.

Without the products actually in hand, she sets up auctions for computers(keep in mind, most of these she doesn't have handy, and is only the luck of what the distributor sends(or doesn't send) that's she'll actually get them.)

This is why there's been a delay for so many of you. Because she never knows when she'll get what you paid for you.

She swore to me that she was through with doing this sorta business, but apparently not. That's too bad, i hate too see people get ripped off.

I've recieved a few emails asking if i still had any of her old info. Truth of the matter is I don't. I'll go digging through my old emails again, i had her home phone number, her work and home address. Her social security#, her previous address in chicago, her address where she resided in in college, etc..

If someone can give me her # again, i'd be more than happy to make a phone call and give her some prodding, and give her some incentive to refund everyones money.

Originally posted by broach:
<STRONG>Well I was taken to it looks like. It will be 4 weeks on Monday. Lots of empty promises working on getting my money back now. Thing is I ordered three systems. Wife is out on work because we had a baby I saw an oppurtunity to make extra money and now I am looking at going to jail. I got people filing fraud charges against me now because I can't produce anything. Looks like I will be seeing my newborn from jail because these people totally screwed me over. Does anyone have any solid information besides her work and cell number. I am struggling to find out what to do. I am really in a rock and a hard place here when all I was trying to do is help my family out. How about that one?</STRONG>

JayTi
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 11, 2002, 11:21 AM

I have her phone number, and the corporate e-mail she uses is [email protected] I'll post back her phone number when I get home.
Am I still here?

Pauli
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2002, 04:08 PM

I've been taken by shadowsb/Teresa too, though for significantly less money than an entire computer. Still it's money that I would like to get back, and she's been promising to send my refund for the past 3 weeks. (I'm on the other side of the Atlantic, so flying there to kick her ass in person would cost more than the money she owes me )

Detective James Dugan of West Boylston Police Department is investigating shadowsb. I sent him my case details about a week ago, and I recommend anyone in the same situation should do the same - I don't want to post his contact info directly here, but send me a message and I'll send it to you.

If anyone's curious why I would send my money to these people: I don't have much eBay experience (it's less popular here in Europe, obviously), so I was fooled by their very good feedback rating and professional looking listing, and the price wasn't low enough to get me suspicious...

Pauli

ABed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2002, 11:29 PM

Originally posted by Pauli:
<STRONG>I've been taken by shadowsb/Teresa too, though for significantly less money than an entire computer. Still it's money that I would like to get back, and she's been promising to send my refund for the past 3 weeks. (I'm on the other side of the Atlantic, so flying there to kick her ass in person would cost more than the money she owes me )

Detective James Dugan of West Boylston Police Department is investigating shadowsb. I sent him my case details about a week ago, and I recommend anyone in the same situation should do the same - I don't want to post his contact info directly here, but send me a message and I'll send it to you.

If anyone's curious why I would send my money to these people: I don't have much eBay experience (it's less popular here in Europe, obviously), so I was fooled by their very good feedback rating and professional looking listing, and the price wasn't low enough to get me suspicious...

Pauli</STRONG>
Well....unfortunately it seems I'm a victim also. I ordered from that stupid bitch Teresa over 2 months ago and she's still lying to me every other day or so about my refund. I'm out $2300! I ordered the combo 17" Display and Dual 800 but have only received the monitor. She did send me a refund but the checked bounced (as I see has happened to other people). If anyone could post her home address and cell phone I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm almost ready to fly out there and start doing some major damage to her and Drew. I have filed a report with the The Better Business Bureau, FBI and W. Boylston PD but it doesn't seem to scare her. If I get out there I'll scare her. I've tried to responding to some posts above but it doesn't let me. Anyone in my situation can feel free to contact me so we can exchange experiences/plans. We're gonna get our money people....even if I have to beat it out of her myself.

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Mar 22, 2002, 12:16 AM

I feel for you guys... Anything too good to be true, usually is... I hope you get to the bottom of this...

Anyway, contact Apple and ask them to let you know what channel the monitor came through. Perhaps that will give you some more info. They should also be alerted...

twieland
Mar 22, 2002, 11:17 AM

I ordered my system nearly 6 weeks ago - Teresa promised to have my refund by the end of this week, but I STILL have nothing ($2860). She hasn't responded to my emails all week, either. I'm about ready to hop on plane and head out and try and find her.

She told me that she was going to "borrow" money this week to refund all her customers, because she wasn't getting money back from her "supplier". Please keep this thread alive, and continue to post status updates.

I'm wondering if ANYONE has actually gotten a refund from her (without a check bouncing), and what you did to get her to act.

Thanks all - hopefully by continuing to post this sort of information, we can prevent others from being scammed.

- Tim

rampant
Banned
Location: permanent resident of the Land of the Easily Aroused
Mar 22, 2002, 11:28 AM

Maybe if enough people come down there, she might eventually stop. I say go for it.

scrod008
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2002, 09:22 AM

I to was also almost taken by Shadowsb and this low life of a human being Teresa Smith. My ordeal started on 01/17/02 when I ordered a system from her. After almost six weeks and countless lies I requested my money returned. She sent me a corporate check drawn on Smith/Berkeley around the first of March and as you can guess it bounced on 03/04/02. I contacted her at once and she gave me this big song and dance about having trouble with her bank. She then promised me that she would fed-ex a cashiers check out the following Monday, but when the check arrived it was a personal check that when verified wasn't worth the paper that it was written on. This is when things got ugly. I again contacted her and told her that I was going to take a vacation and come and hunt her down like a dog and get my money. Also while all of this was going on I was in-contact with the local police department and she was aware of that. After I threatened her with legal action and physical harm she finally fed-exed a legit cashier's check to me on 03/07/02 and I in turn drove to the local Apple store and purchased my system like I should have done in the first place. I have received e-mails from other people in the same situation that stated she owes over $200,000 to people like us and that the systems that she was shipping were factory seconds or systems that had cosmetic damage. If anybody needs to track this peice of shit human being down please e-mail me. I have her home phone, cell phone, personal cell phone, and work number. I also have a couple of e-mail addresses on her. I also have all the contact info for the local detetive that is handiling situation.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

ninjadex
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 29, 2002, 05:31 PM

my favorite thread.

BTP
Mac Elite
Mar 29, 2002, 07:12 PM

West Boylston!? I know it well. It is a small town in central MA, NE of Worcester. There is not a lot of room to hide there, most of it is quite rural in fact.

The funny thing is I saw these Ebay auctions and knew enough to stay away, sorry for those who didn't. As for JC Morris, 3 people I know got their systems, but waited many, many weeks. JCM kept giving them even more breaks and when all was said and done, they rebated $170 on the iBooks that they sold for $1100 in the first place. Figure that one out...
A lie can go halfway around the world before the truth even gets its boots on. - Mark Twain

scrod008
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2002, 06:42 AM

It seems Shadowsb and Teresa Smith have finally hit the big time but not quite like they would have hoped. I received a phone call yesterday from the postal inspector in Boston MA. and was told that Teresa is now being prosecuted on a federal level, not on a state or local level. The postal inspector was gathering information from all the people that filed complaints with the West Boylston Police Department. Everybody's case has been turned over to the Feds and they are looking to prosecute. I was one of the very lucky ones that received a refund after doing a very stupid thing by sending this scam artist my money, but there are alot of people that are still owed money. If you are one of these people, my advice to you would be to contact the postal inspector in Boston MA. and give them any additional info to bring this low life to justice. Maybe all the people having problems with JC Morris should consider following the same path to resolve their issue, just my thoughts. Hope this info helps anybody still out there that is owed money from Shadowsb and Teresa Smith. If anybody still needs contact information on this to resolve their issues with this company, please feel free to contact me!

GOOD LUCK

Dan Szwarc
Senior User
May 24, 2002, 11:24 PM

According to Macintouch:

Mark Sartor emailed us about alleged fraud involving the sale of Mac systems in an Internet auction:

"A quick note to anyone having participated in an auction via Shadowsb.com (Ebay and Auctioworks) and gotten ripped off: The FBI has taken over the case in West Boylston MA, and it now involves close to 200 victims, and more than $200,000. I was about to try to sue her myself when I called the police there, and was told of all of this. I ordered/won the bid on a G4 iMac in Jan 2002, and it never arrived!
� The FBI has a web site for anyone who hasn't filled out a federal complaint form regarding this or any other internet fraud. (Turns out I had already filled it out thanks to a previous listing of the web site by MacInTouch - Thank You!) [See shadowsb-news.org for more information.]"
Dan
(not a guarantee)

Forum Links
Forum Rules