Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Something bad...

Something bad...
pscates
Nov 8, 2001, 07:59 PM

I have this awful feeling something bad is going to happen tomorrow (Friday, November 8).

For three nights in a row, I've had really horrible, vivid dreams that wake me up and freak me out quite a bit (and that's with me not even watching the news or anything). The last time I felt this way, it bore fruit so to speak

I guess I want it to be on record that I had the raging heebie-jeebies the day prior.

And if nothing bad DOES happen (and I hope it doesn't), then I won't mind looking silly by saying this, because that'll be a good thing. One of those times when I'll welcome being proven wrong.

Niubi
Banned
Nov 8, 2001, 08:06 PM

I had a dream that Bush would get assasinated last night... but you said that something bad would happen so that coulde't be it...

John B. Smith
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2001, 08:16 PM

I had a dream that Bush would get assasinated last night... but you said that something bad would happen so that coulde't be it...
yeah that's a great thing if you're a goddamn terrorist who wants to kill innocent americans and jews. I just tipped the FBI about this guy

Niubi
Banned
Nov 8, 2001, 08:28 PM

Originally posted by John B. Smith:
<STRONG>

yeah that's a great thing if you're a goddamn terrorist who wants to kill innocent americans and jews. I just tipped the FBI about this guy</STRONG>
LOL, damn an arteest, poet and comedian John, where do your talents end???

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Nov 8, 2001, 08:39 PM

<STRONG>I just tipped the FBI about this guy</STRONG>
You know, just because someone is vocal about their dislike of the government or it's policies does not make them a criminal, that's one of the great things about this country. So by reporting his "sedition" or whatever the hell you would call it, all you're really doing is providing more useless work for the FBI to expend it's resources on that could be used to solve real crimes and abate real threats.

Hey! You're purposefully diverting the attention and resources of the FBI and any other domestic terrorist investigation/response bodies! I'm going to report your deliberate attempts to undermine current anti-terrorist efforts to the FBI you traitor!

John B. Smith
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2001, 09:23 PM

You know, just because someone is vocal about their dislike of the government or it's policies does not make them a criminal, that's one of the great things about this country. So by reporting his "sedition" or whatever the hell you would call it, all you're really doing is providing more useless work for the FBI to expend it's resources on that could be used to solve real crimes and abate real threats.
"dislike" of the government? endorsing the assasination of a president isn't exactly "dislike", in case you weren't aware

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: John B. Smith ]

Demonhood
Administrator
Nov 8, 2001, 09:25 PM

premonitions are scary stuff. let's hope you're wrong on this one.

as for the assasination comment, watch it Niubi. ask Ca$h about his little visit with the Secret Service a year ago. they might still browse through these boards. sure, there are no real viable threats in here, but that doesn't prevent them from knocking on your door one morning for a little "talk".

pscates  (op)
Nov 8, 2001, 09:26 PM

Oh no...what have I started?

grok420
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 8, 2001, 10:25 PM

Originally posted by pscates:
<STRONG>Oh no...what have I started?
</STRONG>
You mention something bad might happen, Niubi makes a bad joke and gets followed by the Secret Service for the next few years.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.
It's wise to know who wrote the music to which we dance.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Nov 8, 2001, 10:32 PM

<STRONG>

"dislike" of the government? endorsing the assasination of a president isn't exactly "dislike", in case you weren't aware

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: John B. Smith ]</STRONG>
People joke about having sex with dead babies. The hardly means they endorse such deprived acts.

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 9, 2001, 01:58 AM

<STRONG>I have this awful feeling something bad is going to happen tomorrow (Friday, November 8).
</STRONG>
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but today is November 8.. I guess we're all safe?

Matsu
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2001, 02:37 PM

Ca$h had a visit with the secret service??? Please, more details. This should be good.
Apple: bumping prices, not specs.

DBursey
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2001, 02:58 PM

Cash posted some stupidity about wanting to use (then) VP Gore as 'rifle meat'. A few days later Cash is here on the boards threatening everybody for 'turning him in'. The secret service actually 'interviewed' him about the comment.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 9, 2001, 03:07 PM

Of course, you can imagine the full range of discussion that went on here. Personally, I would've LOVED to watch they boy squirm under the heat of unamused gray suit and rayban wearing gun toting deadpan government officials...
After you take away the dumb comment and cost to the taxpayers, it's just damned funny.[/LIST]

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

pscates  (op)
Nov 12, 2001, 03:53 PM

Okay, I was three days off. Nobody's perfect.

jeffhot
Senior User
Nov 12, 2001, 03:58 PM

<STRONG>Okay, I was three days off. Nobody's perfect.
</STRONG>
What happened that was bad on the 11th, did your iPod stop working?

pscates  (op)
Nov 12, 2001, 04:10 PM

Sorry, 12. I meant to say last Friday was the 9th.
I don't have an iPod, jackball.

Forum Links
Forum Rules