Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Well apple agreed to replace my powerbook.

Well apple agreed to replace my powerbook.
Sakino
Senior User
Oct 14, 2003, 05:57 PM

Apple finally agreed to replace my 15inch al pb after 14 days and 6 calls. I finally got a supervisor on the phone today, who was willing to work with my a little on the situation. In the past all the supervisors just said they would get back to me in a couple of days, well that never happened. After looking at a couple of my problems, he decided to give me a replacement and ship out a new one as soon as I sent back the tracking number proving my powerbook was shipped out.
I noticed the shipping time is set at 7-10 days for bto, I am sure I can last that long with out a computer. Does anyone know the reason for the hang-up on apples side. Are they possibly trying to resolve these problems before more powerbooks come out the door?
Maybe I will get panther for free also J That will be a plus, for all the **** I have had to go through to get this replacement.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2003, 06:01 PM

Finally a resolution to your troubles. I'm glad they did the right thing. You, my friend, had way more problems than a normal person should have with their PowerBook. Glad it worked out. I hope the new one will be PERFECT!

kentuckyfried
Senior User
Oct 14, 2003, 06:29 PM

My goodness....hopefully this saga will finally come to an end.

I'm sorry you had to go through so much trouble. Hopefully it works out. Persistence truly does count!

Originally posted by Sakino:
Apple finally agreed to replace my 15inch al pb after 14 days and 6 calls. I finally got a supervisor on the phone today, who was willing to work with my a little on the situation. In the past all the supervisors just said they would get back to me in a couple of days, well that never happened. After looking at a couple of my problems, he decided to give me a replacement and ship out a new one as soon as I sent back the tracking number proving my powerbook was shipped out.
I noticed the shipping time is set at 7-10 days for bto, I am sure I can last that long with out a computer. Does anyone know the reason for the hang-up on apples side. Are they possibly trying to resolve these problems before more powerbooks come out the door?
Maybe I will get panther for free also J That will be a plus, for all the **** I have had to go through to get this replacement.
Now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2003, 06:48 PM

It's good Apple will finally give you a replacement. Hope all goes well with your replacement.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

hazelnutcoffeeg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2003, 09:45 PM

7-10 for bto is normal.
try 7-21 if they are sending it via airborne.
i hate airborne.

HouseSold
Senior User
Oct 14, 2003, 10:09 PM

With some of the various problems surfacing, Apple may have introduced a new final inspection or reinspection process to lift their quality control. Even a new edition release should never reflect what you and others have had to or are experiencing. We shouldn't forget that Apple farms these out to Quanta and the like for production and probably has to get on the phone like we do.

Good thing Apple has so many of us loyal fan(atic)s willing to not leave the flock for fear of getting fleeced on the darker side.

Congrats on your resolution. Like having a baby (waiting for your new one)

danbrew
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 14, 2003, 10:13 PM

and now you'll qualify for the upgrade...

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2003, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by Sakino:
Normally Apple customer service is restricted from giving customers any "comp" greater than $50 in value.

You might want to browse the Apple store and see if you can find something in that range. Or, Apple might give you $50 off Panther.

Let us know how it goes.

skyman
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2003, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by danbrew:
and now you'll qualify for the upgrade...
Original purchase date only. But he might try pressing this issue.

filmmaker2002
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 14, 2003, 10:22 PM

If Apple exchanges your Powerbook, you should be able to get the Up-To-Date Panther for $20. I did with my exchange, and I can get another one with the exchange I am getting tomorrow. Damned white spots.
It's just an ordinary day and it's all your
state of mind, at the end of the day, you
just gotta say it's alright!

Forum Links
Forum Rules