Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iMovie 08 Won't capture from iSight

iMovie 08 Won't capture from iSight
exiva
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 15, 2008, 12:44 AM

I have iMovie 08 7.1 (506) and every time I try to capture video using my MacBook Pro's Built In iSight as soon as I press Capture the camera turns off, and it says it's recording. It'll get to 4 seconds, then create the new event (With nothing in it of course) Edit: I know the camera works fine. It works perfectly in iChat, Skitch and PhotoBooth. /Edit

I've tried everything. Deleting ~/Library/Caches, I ran Onyx and cleaned out the system caches, I've checked permissions on my HD, I've verified the HD, Deleted iMovie Events and iMovie Projects from ~/Movies, Deleted com.apple.iMovie7.plist from ~/Library/Preferences

So I enabled the Guest Account and it works fine. I figured it must be maybe Perian or AC3MovieImport Deleted those, same thing. (I don't have the DivX plugin installed)

I'm out of ideas and I'd really rather not have to create a new account and migrate over to that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules