Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Shapeshifter help...

Shapeshifter help...
sayonaraML
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2005, 08:57 PM

So ever have one of thbos afternoons when ypu just want to watch a little NCAA and you end up screwing with your laptop for way too long becuase a piece of crap software decides to act up? That's where I am right now with SS...
I run a neat little program called OSXplanet. Nice little donatewear program that looks cool and is very nicely designed. So today I am at this forum and see the new Docinium icon set and think they'd look nice on the desktop. Except how to apply? Figure its a container so lets do CandyBar except no go becuase I'm running SS. So I go into SS and set the icons to default which should allow me to run CabdyBar except now my OSXplanet desktop doesn't show up any more. And my Mighty Mouse curser is gone and why is any software so friggin' sensitive? So I guess my next step is to waht-uninstall SS and see if that brings back the desktop? And what happened to MM?

cruciarius
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 19, 2005, 10:24 PM

not sure about the rest of the problems, but i know MM has to have MM cursor and the SS cursor be set to the same cursor. really stupid, i think. SS should be cheaper and get rid of MM pane, so only have to do 1 set of settings.

nbn22385
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 19, 2005, 10:51 PM

In order to use that icon set, you have to replace the icns files in the Resources folder of each app. (i think)

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2005, 02:11 AM

Originally posted by nbn22385:
In order to use that icon set, you have to replace the icns files in the Resources folder of each app. (i think)
Correct. The .icontainer file is for Pixadex not CandyBar, and the resources have to be replaced inside of each application.

To fix any problem that may have been caused, try deleting the SS cache file and reapplying your theme etc.
click one

Forum Links
Forum Rules