Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: PowerBook G4 1.0ghz 15"

FS: PowerBook G4 1.0ghz 15"
flukewurm
May 17, 2006, 05:07 PM

For sale is an Apple Macintosh PowerBook G4/1.0 15" (product # M8980LL/A)
1.5gb RAM (i will also send the stock 256MB stick that came with the computer).
combo drive.
60gb hd.
airport extreme.
bluetooth.

I bought this powerbook new in October 2003 and it is still under AppleCare warranty until October 2006.

I have not completely babied this powerbook but it is still in great condition. Fantastic workhorse. There is a little dent around the power supply jack and a couple of other normal scratches. Nothing too out of the ordinary. As far as the LCD there are none of the dreaded white spots and just one dead pixel on the LCD near the upper right corner, no big deal. Battery life is not that great -- around 45 minutes -- but you could buy a new battery and it would be over 4 hours. I will send this computer off with a fresh install of OS X Tiger with all updates AND with the iLife suite [[and maybe a couple of other surprises ]]!!!

original box and documentation.

If you have any other questions or need some more pictures feel free to email me!

$850 obo
( Last edited by flukewurm; May 19, 2006 at 04:56 PM. )

flukewurm  (op)
May 19, 2006, 04:56 PM

bump. price lowered.

chipchen
Mac Elite
May 19, 2006, 08:47 PM

do you have a pic of the dent?

flukewurm  (op)
May 19, 2006, 09:22 PM

this is the best pic i could get.

see how the dent is closer to the ethernet jack. as a result of the dent there is a SLIGHT protrusion of the aluminum around the top edge. you can where this protrusion is fairly plainly from this pic.. where the plastic meets the metal.

err. and the pic shows WAY more scratches than you can see under normal light. O_O

Forum Links
Forum Rules