Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > What should I do?

What should I do?
stwain2003
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 9, 2006, 12:22 PM

Ok. Here's my situation. Intel mini Core Duo 1.66GHz. The last generation. (When it costed me 799! AHH!) I got it replaced the day after I got it because the Airport would cut in and out. I'd be in the middle of downloading something and BAM! It would just lose connection. I got a new one. All was fine. Up until two months ago. The Airport started acting up. LIke it wouldnt lose connection every minute, just sporadically. Once every few days or so. It would lose sight of all the networks in the area, or sometimes, it would just lose mine. Very weird. THEN, A CD got stuck in the drive. I took it to CompUSA which is where i bought it because the Genius Bar was booked up (Grrr...) STupid me, I forgot my receipt and they couldnt do anything because when they searched for the credit card it was purchased on, it was at the Vacaville store.

So another problem has now started with my sound card. The first time, I pressed the sound button to turn it up, and it took about 15 seconds and the sound "ghst" came up, it turned it up a notch, but no raise involume, or no volume "click" occured. I rebooted and the sound "ghost" would only come up when I pressed the mute button. The sound card wasn't found in output devices.

So... should I ask for my money back or just keep putting up with this crap?
8GB iPhone
Coming Soon: Mac mini Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

mduell
Posting Junkie
Sep 9, 2006, 02:55 PM

If you can get a 100% refund, back up your data and return it. Then buy a new one from Amazon and save a few bucks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules