Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > New iMacs and Imation SuperDisk drives???

New iMacs and Imation SuperDisk drives???
jwdsail
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2000, 03:16 PM

Has anyone else had problems using the new iMac DV se 500s with the newer (w/ standard a/b USB cable) IMATION drives?

I've double checked, the most recent drivers 3.3 are installed.. but if the drive is connected to the iMac at boot-up, the iMac refuses to boot - no happy mac, no sad mac, no ?... nothing.

Anyone else seeing this???

rdgit
Aug 15, 2000, 05:13 PM

I have a new iMac DV+ and a new Imation SuperDisk. The SuperDisk works fine (wish I could say the same about the iMac). My iMac screen has faint banding when puling down a menu or doing other normal operations...

I did not experience any booting issues with the SuperDisk. What else, if anything, is connected to the iMac...?

jwdsail  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 15, 2000, 05:18 PM

Nothing else is connected to the iMac (except for the new KB and Pro mouse). The Drive is connected to the USB port on the side of the iMac DV se... Are you hooked up through your KB or a hub? (have not tried that yet...)

Thanks,

Jeff

CaseCom
Professional Poster
Aug 16, 2000, 12:09 AM

Try uninstalling the Imation drivers and running the SuperDisk off the USB drivers built into OS 9. I have a SuperDisk running on my iMac DV (grape). I've never installed any Imation software and it works just fine.

joe
Mac Elite
Aug 16, 2000, 04:24 AM

Originally posted by jwdsail:
Has anyone else had problems using the new iMac DV se 500s with the newer (w/ standard a/b USB cable) IMATION drives?

I've double checked, the most recent drivers 3.3 are installed.. but if the drive is connected to the iMac at boot-up, the iMac refuses to boot - no happy mac, no sad mac, no ?... nothing.

Anyone else seeing this???
I have a new 500MHz iMacDV SE and a recent 2x Imation SuperDisk. Please uninstall the Imation drivers if you installed them from the Imation CD! I was able to simply connect the 2x SuperDisk using the included USB cable and MacOS9.04's drivers.

The reason I didn't install the SuperDisk software is that the same thing happened to me last winter with a new thin model Zip250. The Iomega CD had bad drivers. Apple seems to do a better job with drivers than Iomega and Imation! So ever since that Zip problem, I allways try to use MacOS drivers before resorting to the vender's CD. Good luck......joe

Forum Links
Forum Rules