Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Pismo PowerBook parts?

Pismo PowerBook parts?
iCol
Senior User
Sep 13, 2005, 11:00 AM

Hey peeps,

I just got hold of a Pismo PowerBook (500Mhz G3). I have always wanted one of these machines, and even though I am 5 years late to the party, I now have one.

Question is, though, the battery in this machine only lasts about 30 minutes, and I am wondering if anyone knows of a good place in the UK where I can pick up a replacement battery, for not much money.

I have already had a look on eBay, with a couple of possible results, but preferably I would like to buy direct from a seller.

So, if anyone knows where I would be able to get hold of a battery, it would be sure appreciated. Also, the DVD drive in this machine is dead, which I can live without for a while, but I will need a disk drive at some point! So, again, if anyone knows where I can get a replacement drive, would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Col
F is for Fooyork.

tigas
Forum Regular
Sep 13, 2005, 08:15 PM

If you don't mind losing the nice black aesthetics on the DVD drive, you can easily disassemble the original and replace it with an OEM laptop DVD drive (Panasonic and Pioneer are favourites, check www.xlr8yourmac.com for compatibility reports). If you do care for aesthetics, you'll have to buy something from MCE in USA.

I don't know if anyone will sell NuPower NewerTechnology batteries in the UK, but I'll bet several well known UK shops carry BatteryTechnology (BTI) batteries for the Pismo.

However, your best bet for parts will always be ebay.co.uk.

Forum Links
Forum Rules