Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Funny Switcher Story

Funny Switcher Story
Jumbonium2007
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 26, 2007, 06:43 PM

So a while back I sold my uncle a clamshell iBook 466mhz pretty loaded 576MB RAM/60GB/AirPort.. He got it to keep on his boat for internet and holding music..
Well today I was over there at his place.. Mind you hes 73 years old.. He was messing with his AMD system.. his motherboard fried again.. He finally snapped.. took the PC outside and beat it with a sledge.. and then asked me where he could get an iMac.. Tuesday morning im taking him into the apple store to help him pick an iMac.. Hes going with the 20inch 2GB RAM/250GB/SuperDrive.. He said today he was tired of kissing bill gates ass and tired of all the product activation bs and was like why cant I just buy a computer and everything work.. I pointed him towards the mac..

MM-o4
Senior User
Apr 26, 2007, 07:10 PM

I'm justed impressed that a 73 is into comupters in a proper way

-MM-

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2007, 10:49 PM

Your uncle rocks. Wish you had a video of him taking a sledgehammer to his PC.

Jumbonium2007  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 26, 2007, 11:20 PM

My Uncle loves tinkering with systems.. really loves it.. Hes built about 20 systems since he started doing this in 2000.. He is a retired GM employee.. used to be in tool and die.. So hes pretty mechanically and electronically sound.. I have a great uncle thats 79 and tinkers with computers too.. I gave him an iMac G3 500mhz... ever since then hes never touched a pc.. And seeing the sledge go to the pc was the most amazing thing ever.. Tuesday will be a fun day.. especially since hes gonna have an iMac and im going to have my lowly mini core duo lol.. I always used to have better systems then him.. now hes beating me

Kevin
Baninated
Apr 27, 2007, 07:01 AM

My dad is 67 and Ebay's all the time. Right now he is doing music recording a mixing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules