Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > HELP! Blue screen...no full boot.

HELP! Blue screen...no full boot.
Xterratop
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2003, 02:50 PM

Something weird has happened to my Powermac G4 Dual 867 when I did a reboot. When I did a restart the computer didn't do a full reboot. Its started out with the usual gray screen, then it showed the MacOSX window with the blue bar underneath but it only flashed that once and then the whole screen turned blue. The cursor wasn't even locked up- just that it didn't do a full boot. Does anyone know how to deal with this? Can anyone help?

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Apr 24, 2003, 03:38 PM

Can you boot the machine now? if so, run Disk Utility and 'fix disk permissions' and also see if the disk is OK...

If you can't boot at all (and posted the above message in another machine!), start the machine from the OS X CD and use the same procedure as above. See if it fixes the problem.

Hope this helps,

Peace,

Marc

(If you want to go all *nix, restart in single user mode (Hold Apple and S on restart) and run fsck... although if you aren't confident with this I wouldn't bother...)

Xterratop  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2003, 05:08 PM

Originally posted by Marc2211:

If you can't boot at all (and posted the above message in another machine!), start the machine from the OS X CD and use the same procedure as above. See if it fixes the problem.
Marc!
Thanks for the advice. IT WORKED! I'm so happy! Now I can get some work done. Thank you so much.

Walt

Forum Links
Forum Rules