Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Virtual Trading

Virtual Trading
nsxpower
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 9, 2004, 05:07 AM

I am looking for a virtual trading site. I looked and tried a few, but they are way to simple for my needs. I am yet to find one that allows to trade options, futures and other derivatives. If they can chart a hedge for me that would be icing on the cake. Further, few allow to buy foreign stock (Japan, Korea, Chine, Europe ...) directly and only few have a mechanism to trade warrants, but can't seem to handle them properly anyways. So if anyone in the community knows of a good site that is free or even paid (reasonable price and good interface then is a must) please let me know, I am almost desperate now. Thanks in advance.
My Blog & Photos
PowerBook (Ti) 1Ghz � 1Gb � 60Gb � SD

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 9, 2004, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by nsxpower:
So if anyone in the community knows of a good site that is free or even paid (reasonable price and good interface then is a must) please let me know, I am almost desperate now. Thanks in advance.
Good site for free ?

What do you mean ?

The site is always going to be free, but you get charged on the transaction fees. If you are looking for a site that doesn't charge transaction fees, keep on dreaming...

Anyways, you'd better have some good coin to trade with. Usually, real-time trading doesn't make sense unless you can invest 5 digit dollar amounts...

Good luck !

-t

nsxpower  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 9, 2004, 10:55 AM

Hmm ... I said "virtual trading" in the first sentence. I want a proper virtual trading site that I can test hedging strategies on etc. No a single one I've see so far allow me to do more than buy, sell and short sell.
My Blog & Photos
PowerBook (Ti) 1Ghz � 1Gb � 60Gb � SD

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 9, 2004, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by nsxpower:
Hmm ... I said "virtual trading" in the first sentence. I want a proper virtual trading site that I can test hedging strategies on etc. No a single one I've see so far allow me to do more than buy, sell and short sell.
Oh, that's what you meant by "virtual".

Sorry, didn't get that.
I though you were refering to online trading...

Still, once you got your strategy figured out, my $ 0.02 apply...

-t

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 9, 2004, 11:03 AM

I would not want to be tempted.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Forum Links
Forum Rules