Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Ordered dual 2.5? What's your "Est. ship" ?

Ordered dual 2.5? What's your "Est. ship" ? (Page 15)
heavyboots
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 7, 2004, 06:23 PM

Yay! So there may be hope for me yet (Aug. 7th order). But my karma quotient gets much worse because I'm ordering through Club Mac, I bet. On the other hand, I got a screamin' deal and no tax, so I couldn't resist going through them. <Goes and sets chicken on fire and sacrifices a candle to the 90nm chip gods>

herbsman
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 7, 2004, 08:55 PM

im happy. i ordered the dual 2.5 but estimated ship date is november 15. hopefully apple will come through with an early surprise delivery.

herbsman
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 7, 2004, 10:10 PM

OH CRAP! I just checked my email and I got shipping confirmation! and I just ordered this thing this morning! I LOVE YOU APPLE!

...i hope it's not a fluke.

MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Oct 7, 2004, 10:25 PM

Originally posted by herbsman:
OH CRAP! I just checked my email and I got shipping confirmation! and I just ordered this thing this morning! I LOVE YOU APPLE!

...i hope it's not a fluke.
I am calling Apple in the morning and canceling my order. Their behavior is disgusting.

herbsman
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 7, 2004, 10:36 PM

hey motherwell, did you by chance order any extra BTO options? i ordered a stock 2.5, so maybe that had something to do with the instant shipping?

anyway, i called fedex and talked to a customer rep and he confirmed that the computer should be at my door next monday (10/11). i'm still a bit skeptical for some reason, i'll have to check on the status tomorrow morning.

MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Oct 7, 2004, 11:24 PM

hey motherwell, did you by chance order any extra BTO options? i ordered a stock 2.5, so maybe that had something to do with the instant shipping?

anyway, i called fedex and talked to a customer rep and he confirmed that the computer should be at my door next monday (10/11). i'm still a bit skeptical for some reason, i'll have to check on the status tomorrow morning.
Your words of comfort are appreciated but not necessary. That post the straw that broke the camel's back.

efx4u
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2004, 01:17 AM

Originally posted by MOTHERWELL:
Your words of comfort are appreciated but not necessary. That post the straw that broke the camel's back.
Motherwell,

I think you are over-reacting a tad bit. You could have just as easily walked into an Apple Store or any other reseller and bought a stock Dual 2.5 and taken it home same day. The reason we have all been waiting this long is simply because of the NVIDIA 6800 Ultra card. Other Dual 2.5's have been shipping with no problem for quite some time. It's a computer man, not the end of the world. Just be glad that the damn things are finally shipping. Seems kind of silly to wait all this time and cancel your order because of a silly comment...besides, would you rather be on a Windows machine? I think not...
Check out da blog!
::: Bisonium.com :::

PM G5 Dual 2.5 w/ 23" Cinema | PM G4 Dual 450 w/ 15" Studio | iMac G3 400 | TiPB G4 800 | 40GB iPod (4G) | iPod Mini

MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Oct 8, 2004, 01:41 AM

Originally posted by efx4u:
Motherwell,

I think you are over-reacting a tad bit. You could have just as easily walked into an Apple Store or any other reseller and bought a stock Dual 2.5 and taken it home same day. The reason we have all been waiting this long is simply because of the NVIDIA 6800 Ultra card. Other Dual 2.5's have been shipping with no problem for quite some time. It's a computer man, not the end of the world. Just be glad that the damn things are finally shipping. Seems kind of silly to wait all this time and cancel your order because of a silly comment...besides, would you rather be on a Windows machine? I think not...
Say Man,

First: I am being completely facetious. Of course it's a computer, and obviously I already have one. And of course it's not the end of the world, although this might just be the apocalypse in disguise. Only time will tell....

I am but a compatriot of this technological servitude. Like many of you, I found it shocking yet stimulating when Gwyneth named her child Apple. Am I not allowed a place to vent my fears and frustrations? Don't you realize that I can't work with all this war coming on us? The smoke that spews from Mt. St. Helens is not a coincidence, but GODS WRATH, I tell you. With the end in sight, I can't afford to work. If I don't get my G5 now, I may never get it. With all of this sex going on and people forgetting about God, how can Apple deny me this? We use our computers for vice and mischief and we drink GOD'S BLOOD! I can't hold a job and feel half crazy.....

blakespot  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 8, 2004, 07:39 AM

Wow. Apple's shipping delay has actually driven someone insane.

blakespot
iPodHacks.com -- http://www.ipodhacks.com

efx4u
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2004, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by MOTHERWELL:
Say Man,

[snip]...it's not the end of the world, although this might just be the apocalypse in disguise. Only time will tell....The smoke that spews from Mt. St. Helens is not a coincidence, but GODS WRATH, I tell you. With the end in sight, I can't afford to work. With all of this sex going on and people forgetting about God, how can Apple deny me this? We use our computers for vice and mischief and we drink GOD'S BLOOD! I can't hold a job and feel half crazy.....
Well bloody hell mate. In that case, I say EVERYONE go out and order as much Apple gear as your credit cards can sustain!!! We may as well all go use Final Cut Pro to create some pron flicks and stay at home until the end of the world. The world is probably gonna implode on us soon anyways, so you really won't have to pay back all the money. Enjoy life while you can!!!! Eh hem....while someone is doin all this ordering, can you swing a cuple of 30" Cinema displays my way?
Check out da blog!

PM G5 Dual 2.5 w/ 23" Cinema | PM G4 Dual 450 w/ 15" Studio | iMac G3 400 | TiPB G4 800 | 40GB iPod (4G) | iPod Mini

efx4u
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2004, 04:08 PM

Houston: We have touchdown! Peeps, IT...H A S...A R R I V E D ! ! ! ! ! I am staring at a Dualie 2.5 G5 sittin in da crib. Greatness is upon us. I must now go menatlly prepare for the awesomeness power about to be bestowed upon thee. I dunno how the hell to benchmark jack, but I am about to learn. Reports on my madness to follow in the next few hours, days, or whenever I can pry myself away long enough to blog and update this post. Halo, UT 2004, X-Plane....prepare yourselves......oh ya (Photoshop and all the work stuff too!). :-P
Check out da blog!

stauter
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2004, 04:10 PM

We just received our 3rd 2.5 and the first to include the nvida 6800 card. Will set up the computer tonite and report back.

jeffreyloaf
Oct 8, 2004, 04:29 PM

Mine has arrived and setting up.

I took pics of card; it is a full size card and I will post pics after setup is complete.

I am moving up from a 700 mhz eMac to this new machine.

Later

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2004, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by jeffreyloaf:
Mine has arrived and setting up.

I took pics of card; it is a full size card and I will post pics after setup is complete.

I am moving up from a 700 mhz eMac to this new machine.

Later
Hurry... I can't wait!
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

jeffreyloaf
Oct 8, 2004, 06:57 PM

Here are three pics; I hope they work, my first time trying this. Hosted on my .mac page.

6800 card pics

Some quick things:

Using iTunes default visualizer playing 3 Doors Down song Kryptonite I average 100 frames per second with a peek of 130 and low 75 occasionally dropping to the 30s when it changes visuals thingys, but only for a spit second.

I can listen to itunes songs while playing Halo with following settings.
Resolution of 1280x1024, frame rate of 30 fps locked, decals yes, particles high, textures high and sound set to highest quality. With no slow downs. I am using only a 17 inch display. Poor me!

Now I am off to explore my machine some more and play more games.

Busemann
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2004, 07:04 PM

Whats the noise level on that thing?? the fans seem quite huge..

MOTHERWELL
Senior User
Oct 8, 2004, 07:35 PM

CANCELED! MY SKIN FEELS TO SOFT FROM THE MOIST AIRS OF LIBERATION!

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2004, 07:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeffreyloaf:
Here are three pics; I hope they work, my first time trying this. Hosted on my .mac page.

6800 card pics

Some quick things:

Using iTunes default visualizer playing 3 Doors Down song Kryptonite I average 100 frames per second with a peek of 130 and low 75 occasionally dropping to the 30s when it changes visuals thingys, but only for a spit second.

I can listen to itunes songs while playing Halo with following settings.
Resolution of 1280x1024, frame rate of 30 fps locked, decals yes, particles high, textures high and sound set to highest quality. With no slow downs. I am using only a 17 inch display. Poor me!

Now I am off to explore my machine some more and play more games.
[/QUOTE

By George it's tramendous! This is a full length card for God's sake! And I wondered if I'd ever need those card securing rails for anything... I guess this is one case.

Common Oct 15th!!!

BTW... I don't know about you guys.. but I think Graphic cards (and PC boards) used to look cooler back in the days when they were filled with chips... now everything has just a chip or two and a bunch of capacitors and other non-microchip appendages.
( Last edited by UnixMac; Oct 8, 2004 at 10:45 PM. )
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
Apple user since 1981

spogy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2004, 11:47 PM

Glad to hear more and more people are receiving their Dual 2.5 Macs.

I ordered mine through a local Macintosh dealer here in Calgary, AB Canada on June 9th and finally received a telephone call Thu, Oct 07, 2004 that it had shipped. Bluetooth module and 9800 XT graphics card were the only two additions to the machine.

I cannot imagine how much longer I would have to wait if I had gone with the Nvidia 68000 Ultra graphics card.

Sold my Dual 1.42 G4 and have been using an old G3/333 Tower running OS 9 while I have been waiting; I cannot believe how much I have grown accustomed to OS X.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for this thread which allowed me to share the frustration and soon (hopefully) the joy of owning a new Dual 2.5 Macs.

Spogy

IceMarsh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2004, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by spogy:
Glad to hear more and more people are receiving their Dual 2.5 Macs.

I ordered mine through a local Macintosh dealer here in Calgary, AB Canada on June 9th and finally received a telephone call Thu, Oct 07, 2004 that it had shipped. Bluetooth module and 9800 XT graphics card were the only two additions to the machine.

I cannot imagine how much longer I would have to wait if I had gone with the Nvidia 68000 Ultra graphics card.

Sold my Dual 1.42 G4 and have been using an old G3/333 Tower running OS 9 while I have been waiting; I cannot believe how much I have grown accustomed to OS X.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for this thread which allowed me to share the frustration and soon (hopefully) the joy of owning a new Dual 2.5 Macs.

Spogy
I'm in Calgary also and I ordered mine from the Canada Apple Store on the same day you ordered yours from (I'm going to guess) Westworld or My Mac Dealer. Dual 2.5, 6800 Ultra. Just yesterday I received an email that said it had shipped.

Sorry if this is bad news to you as I struggled with this same problem. Get the 6800 and wait longer or the 9800XT and wait less. Kinda sucky to think that the wait here would have been just as long had I left the video card as a 9800 XT.

IceMarsh
Sanity is a full time job.

herbsman
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 9, 2004, 01:15 PM

wow i can't believe it! i called fedex and they confirmed the dual 2.5 is at the local san jose facility and should ship on monday!

i was really expecting to see the machine on november 15 like originally stated by apple. instead of waiting a month i only have to wait 4 days.

i'm so happy i can't wait until it's monday. i ordered 1 gig of crucial RAM for $200 and i bought a cheap-ass daewoo 17" lcd for $220(it's better than the compaq 15" CRT i was originally going to use) at frys so i'm all set.

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2004, 06:22 PM

wow i can't believe it! i called fedex and they confirmed the dual 2.5 is at the local san jose facility and should ship on monday!

i was really expecting to see the machine on november 15 like originally stated by apple. instead of waiting a month i only have to wait 4 days.

i'm so happy i can't wait until it's monday. i ordered 1 gig of crucial RAM for $200 and i bought a cheap-ass daewoo 17" lcd for $220(it's better than the compaq 15" CRT i was originally going to use) at frys so i'm all set.
YOU WERE GOING TO MATE A DUAL 2.5 to a 15" CRT!!!!!! Call the asylum, this guy need to be processed in!

Anyway... congrats... you'll really love it, and wise choice with the RAM.
Apple user since 1981

spogy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2004, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by IceMarsh:
I'm in Calgary also and I ordered mine from the Canada Apple Store on the same day you ordered yours from (I'm going to guess) Westworld or My Mac Dealer. Dual 2.5, 6800 Ultra. Just yesterday I received an email that said it had shipped.

Sorry if this is bad news to you as I struggled with this same problem. Get the 6800 and wait longer or the 9800XT and wait less. Kinda sucky to think that the wait here would have been just as long had I left the video card as a 9800 XT.

IceMarsh
IceMarsh,

Glad to hear you are getting your Dual 2.5 soon, even if it is with the 6800 Ultra. My plan was to get the 6800 Ultra once supplies were greater than demand. If I only knew it would take this long, I would have got the 6800 Ultra with the machine.

I really wanted the Bluetooth; my wife has a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for her new Powerbook and I was impressed with both. I still use an old Applekeyboard II and a Kensington ADB Turbo Mouse as most of the keyboards and mice that came with my recent Macs have not been to my liking.

Ordered from MyMacDealer; those guys rock. I have purchased machines from Westworld and the Canada Apple Store before but Curtis and the boys treat me really well at MyMacDealer.

Let me know what you think of your new Mac when it arrives. I will be particularly interested to hear how much of a difference the Nvidia 6800 Utra card makes in your opinion.

Spogy

mike_pj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 11, 2004, 02:13 PM

I just ordered a Dual 2.5Ghz G5 earlier today with 512Mb RAM (ordering another 1Gb through Other World Computing), 250Gb drive, ATI 9800XT, Bluetooth, and 20" Cinema Display. The expected ship date of the G5 is November 17th, and it says the LCD will ship tomorrow. Having an LCD without a computer to hook it up to won't be of much help though.

Hope I have the luck of some others in this forum... over 5 weeks is a long time to wait!

herbsman
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 11, 2004, 02:52 PM

it looks to me that apple has a decent amount of stock 2.5's sitting around in inventory, as it looks like most people are custom configuring their g5's.

i ordered last thursday (10/7) and i'm expecting my g5 anytime today (10/11)! that's only a 4 day wait period but my machine is stock. my friend who just 2 days ago ordrered a 2.5 online with only the 9800xt option, is expecting his computer mid november.

now i just have to wait!! fedex should drop it off anytime...trying to kill time but it's useless

heavyboots
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 11, 2004, 08:25 PM

So my ClubMac rep just called to let me know that it's officially left Apple! (BTW, that's on a custom order from August 7th-ish.) Sadly, I ordered UPS PackMule� service, so I probably won't see it until Monday or Tuesday of next week...

But still, itshippeditshippieditshipped!!!

herbsman
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 11, 2004, 11:59 PM

this is the best computer i've ever owned. fastest too. i love this big piece of aluminum with all of the fancy guts inside.

k2director
Senior User
Oct 12, 2004, 03:34 AM

To whoever has a lucky g5/6800 combo:

Please please please let us know how loud the fan on the 6800 card gets. In gaming situations, but also when the card isn't doing anything special--ie, when you're just browsing the net, or working in MS Word. I have a BTO Radeon 9800 in my original Dual 2.0 PowerMac, and occassionally the constant whir of the fan has gotten on my nerves. I'm praying the nvidia doesn't get worse, and hoping it's actually an improvement (although the size of the fan makes me nervous).

Thanks!

roktengr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 12, 2004, 10:22 PM

I am also interested in the 6800 ultra noise as well. I am supposed to have one shipped by Friday, so if it is way loud, I can cancel it. Please let us know!

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Oct 12, 2004, 11:04 PM

Can't wait to see some bench marks and more reviews. I'm close to pulling the trigger on one of these. (Now that I don't have to wait 2 months to get one)
I'd really like a dual 3 GHz with PCIe before I bite.

Hinson
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 14, 2004, 05:07 PM

SHIPPED!!

My 2.5DP with the 6800 shipped yesterday (13th). It was scheduled to ship OOB the 22nd, so I'm a happy camper. Will be an extatic camper when it actually arrives! Must slow breathing rate....

-Jason

Mafia
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2004, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by roktengr:
I am also interested in the 6800 ultra noise as well.

ditto
http://www.mafia-designs.com

dogcity
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2004, 08:39 PM

very happy to report that after a long wait (about 4 months) both my Nvidia card and 30" display are in transit. i ordered both with a G5 2.5, but opted to have the G5 come early with an ATI 9600 when Apple offered it free.

will there be dead pixels? pretty good chance with 4096000 pixels -- but with 4096000 pixels, who'll notice?

i bought it mainly for the built-in firewire hub anyway -- the display itself is gravy.

will post pics when it arrives and i get it setup.

jeffreyloaf
Oct 14, 2004, 09:32 PM

I don't hear the fan from the card at all.
The G5 is on a coffee table about 18 inches off of the floor and I can reach the back handle of it; from where I sit.

The only main noise I hear is from the two fans in front of the radiator and then they only bother me because they spool up from slow speed every once in awhile. I also hear the everyday sounds like hard drive tic, or the dvd drive accessing.
At idle it makes about the same noise as my 700 mhz eMac.

I think running climate prediction for the team helped break in the chips some. The front fans don't run at full speed all of the time anymore (when crunching is the only thing running). They spool up and down but they are loud to me at full speed.

In a test of Battlefield 1942 I set the number of bots to 400 (max setting) and AI to 25(max setting). Hey I'm no longer lonely on the battlefield! ; and all other settings to max except difficulty set to 50; But man do I get my but kicked at Midway in instant action.

Later, I must now game---
Jeff

Edited for spelling

Hinson
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 15, 2004, 01:07 AM

Originally posted by Hinson:
SHIPPED!!

My 2.5DP with the 6800 shipped yesterday (13th). It was scheduled to ship OOB the 22nd, so I'm a happy camper. Will be an extatic camper when it actually arrives! Must slow breathing rate....
ARRIVED!!!

I didn't even ask for overnight shipping, and yet its here! Been playing with it since I got home from work and set it up. Very quiet so far, very impressive, love the 20" display, etc. etc. Best wishes to everyone who's still waiting...

-Jason

acadian
Senior User
Oct 15, 2004, 08:29 AM

Ordered a CTO 2.5 with 4GB and the Radeon 9800 on Sept. 20. My estimated ship date is October 15. Dont know anything beyond that.
people ruin everything....

almaink
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 19, 2004, 12:28 PM

I ordered on 10/14/2004 10:04 AM PST and estimated shipping date is 11/19/2004.
No Nvidia card just the stock 9600. I also ordered a Mitsubishi Dimond Pro 2070sb at the same time and it arived the next day. I hope the G5 get here early but if not I just hope it's not late.

vdrummer
Forum Regular
Nov 10, 2004, 12:47 AM

CTO Dual 2.5 w/ 2Gb, 2x250Gb, ATI 9800, BT keybd & mouse;
Ordered 10/17
OOB 11/23
Shipped 11/9 - whoohoo - shipped 2 wks early!

mike_pj
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2004, 08:19 AM

Ordered 2.5Ghz G5, 512Mb RAM (got another 1Gb from OWC), 250Gb drive, 9800 XT, BT on October 11th. Original estimated ship by 11/17, shipped on 11/09!

Just crossing my fingers that I get a good one the first time around.

murchmb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2004, 11:56 AM

CTO Dual 2.5/1Gb/6800Ultra/250Gb/Bluetooth/Airport
Order placed through Developer Store on 10/22
Est. ship on of before 11/30

Hoping for an earlier shipment!

Edit 11/11/04:

What timing. Mine shipped in the wee hours this morning. Early shipment as hoped!
( Last edited by murchmb; Nov 11, 2004 at 01:10 PM. )

CobraMantis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2004, 12:46 PM

Dual 2.5ghz, 1.5GB RAM, GF6800, 250GB HD, 20" cinema display
Ordered 'er on 10/18, and it just shipped yesterday! Was originally scheduled to ship on 11/24, so that was a pleasant surprise I'm so excited, can't wait for it to arrive. I've been using this damned HP laptop exclusively for months now, so it'll be so nice to get back on a (wickedly, wickedly fast) Mac.

mrkungfu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2004, 03:09 PM

Originally posted by CobraMantis:
Dual 2.5ghz, 1.5GB RAM, GF6800, 250GB HD, 20" cinema display
Ordered 'er on 10/18, and it just shipped yesterday! Was originally scheduled to ship on 11/24, so that was a pleasant surprise I'm so excited, can't wait for it to arrive. I've been using this damned HP laptop exclusively for months now, so it'll be so nice to get back on a (wickedly, wickedly fast) Mac.
Is that a GF6800 Ultra or GT? I have on order nearly the same setup (6800 Ultra) wo/display and now have an est. ship date of 11/26 (was 11/9 until 11/10 rolled around), yet I ordered mine on 10/2. WTF!? If you did get the Ultra, then would you please have Apple send me your rig, 'casue I believe it is mine. Same thing goes for murchmb too.

Anyone else getting additional shipping delays with the 6800 Ultra still? This is unacceptable, it has been how many months now since they introduced this machine?

Edit: 1 hour later and I get a shipment notification. Anger... subsiding.. joy... rising... Still a strange set of events... I suppose Apple just received a large batch of 6800's?
( Last edited by mrkungfu; Nov 11, 2004 at 04:27 PM. )

filmmaker2002
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2004, 05:19 PM

Dual 2.5
1 GB RAM (w/ 3GB from OWC on the way)
250 GB SATA (w/ another 250GB on the way in addition to the 1000 GB FW800 LaCie d2 drives I already have)
6800 Ultra DDL
APX
BT

ordered yesterday scheduled to ship 12/21/
Here's to hoping for an earlier shipment. I need something faster than my loaded 1.5Ghz 17" PB.
It's just an ordinary day and it's all your
state of mind, at the end of the day, you
just gotta say it's alright!

Doktorfaust
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2004, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by filmmaker2002:

ordered yesterday scheduled to ship 12/21/
Here's to hoping for an earlier shipment.
Hmmmm, that's still a long lag time. I've been holding off on ordering until they can ship it out relatively quickly after I place my order, but now we're already five months after the dual 2.5s were announced, and they're still taking more than a month to ship. Frustrating.

Well, I guess this gives me more time to actually acquire the money before spending it... :-)
Die Menchen verh�hnen was sie nicht verstehen.

filmmaker2002
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2004, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by Doktorfaust:
Hmmmm, that's still a long lag time. I've been holding off on ordering until they can ship it out relatively quickly after I place my order, but now we're already five months after the dual 2.5s were announced, and they're still taking more than a month to ship. Frustrating.

Well, I guess this gives me more time to actually acquire the money before spending it... :-)

Good for you...that's a smart way to go...as opposed to my method of spending it before acquiring $3000 for my machine. Hopefully the jobs I am able to finish with it that I have lined up will pay off.

almaink
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 15, 2004, 06:38 PM

My 2.5 dual G5 arrived today!!!! Installed 2 1 gig ram sticks piece of cake. It was slated to arrive on the 19th so 4 days early. I didn't get a chance to install much yet just the basic setup but it's quiet as a mouse. My g4 DP800 Quicksilver makes more noise. I have yey to even hear the fans, knockonwood.

mikeylebeau
Forum Regular
Nov 27, 2004, 03:46 PM

Well, best birthday gift ever:

30" Cinema Display
G5 with 500GB disk space, 4GB RAM, 6800 Ultra DDL, 8x SuperDrive, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth w/ Keyboard and Mouse

The display is already here, the G5 was ordered on November 6 and has an estimated ship date of December 15! I sure hope it's sooner than that. I can't wait to hook this display up to that beast. It seems that Apple's shipping out their orders at least a week earlier than the estimated date in most cases, does that seem accurate? Can I reasonably hope for a sooner shipment?

-mike
15" TiBook RIP :(
12" AlBook (867MHz/60GB/640MB RAM/SuperDrive/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 20 Feb 2003
30" ACD, G5 (Dual 2.5GHz/500GB/4GB RAM/6800 Ultra DDL/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 15 Dec 2004

SafariX
Mac Elite
Nov 27, 2004, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by mikeylebeau:
Well, best birthday gift ever:

30" Cinema Display
G5 with 500GB disk space, 4GB RAM, 6800 Ultra DDL, 8x SuperDrive, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth w/ Keyboard and Mouse

The display is already here, the G5 was ordered on November 6 and has an estimated ship date of December 15! I sure hope it's sooner than that. I can't wait to hook this display up to that beast. It seems that Apple's shipping out their orders at least a week earlier than the estimated date in most cases, does that seem accurate? Can I reasonably hope for a sooner shipment?

-mike
:o Who gave you such a wonderful gift?

mikeylebeau
Forum Regular
Nov 27, 2004, 07:27 PM

Parents, for one hell of a 21st birthday. This thing is going to last me for a long time!

-mike
15" TiBook RIP :(
12" AlBook (867MHz/60GB/640MB RAM/SuperDrive/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 20 Feb 2003
30" ACD, G5 (Dual 2.5GHz/500GB/4GB RAM/6800 Ultra DDL/Airport Extreme/Bluetooth) as of 15 Dec 2004

filmmaker2002
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 27, 2004, 10:09 PM

Nice parents...anyway, my self-financed G5 of similar specs shipped today (ordered November 12th) should be a good week.

Forum Links
Forum Rules