Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Lion and Time Machine

Lion and Time Machine
FastAMX79
Jul 20, 2011, 12:32 PM

So I'm enjoying Lion so far... except for one issue..

I was trying to run Time Machine and I get "AFP" errors that it can not backup to my drive.

Here is my setup.. I'm using a MD DP G4 1.0GHz with OS 10.5.8 Server in it. I have a few HDDs in that machine, and one is a 1.0TB drive I use for Time Machine.. all my computers back-up to it no problem, now except for my MacBook Pro i7 15" (due to those AFP errors).

I know Apple changed it up a bit after reading about AFP online (security issues), except most of the stuff I find is about Netgear products and Netatalk.

Is there any way around this since I am using Mac10.5.8 Server in that G4.. Or am I SOL on this one? The server is running the shared drives through AFP, and I can still connect to those drives, transfer files back and forth, but Time Machine will not accept the drive
Powerbook G4 15" 1.0GHz FW800 60GIG HDD / 1.5GB RAM 10.5.X
iBook G3/800 12" 30GIG 640MB RAM 10.4.11
Mirror Door G4 1.0DP .5TB/1.5TB/40GB/30GB 1.5GB RAM 10.5 Server
Mini 1.83GHz C2D 80GB HDD 1GB RAM

Helmling
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2011, 08:56 PM

My time machine is haywire, too.

Forum Links
Forum Rules