Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Funny Bush movie (makes ya wonder!)....

Funny Bush movie (makes ya wonder!)....
James L
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 02:20 PM

I am guessing this was made as a joke, but it is a very interesting comparison:

http://movies10.archive.org/3/movies...rainTenYrs.mov

Cheers,

James

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2004, 04:01 PM

wow he used to speak english!

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2004, 04:22 PM

MANY people have noticed this:

http://www.counterpunch.org/wormer1011.html

http://www.onlinejournal.com/Special...1804mazza.html

http://www.pressaction.com/news/webl...ckeyz01292003/

http://hnn.us/articles/3165.html

http://www.willthomas.net/911/Bush/

http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/04/07/09/wallace.htm

http://www.bodydharma.org/choices/Bush/vanwormer.html

Not the most unbiased articles but it begs the question: WTF is wrong with him? The general idea put forth in those articles is that Bush is a "Dry Drunk." i.e. because of all the drinking he did in the past, even though he is "sober" now, he still has the thought processes of an alcoholic. There must be some underlying brain disorder (stroke, "Dry Drunk", etc to explain the change in 10 years in his speaking ability.

sideus
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 04:24 PM

Good lord. Be glad he doesn't sound like he did 10 years ago. He sounded like a robot that wouldn't shut up.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 04:30 PM

Surprised the timeline nerds didn't get you yet; this has been posted twice in the last 3 weeks, once by me.

Anyhoo, after thinking about the clip I've more or less concluded that W is in over his head, he knows it and it shows.

James L  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2004, 05:39 PM

Bluesky,

Thanks for the warning... I will dodge the timeline cops as soon as I see them coming!

James

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2004, 03:23 AM

The pressures of the office takes a toll.

When he was running for Governor, sure there were many issues which he had to become familiar with. However running for the Governorship of Texas isn't as stressful or draining as that of actually holding the job of POTUS.

I wonder if a similar comparison of ANY president wouldn't show a similar kind of toll.

LBJ was known for being full of piss and vinegar when he was in the Senate. But when he announced he wouldn't run in 1968 he was much slower in speech and his manner was quite different than it was ten years earlier.

"It's hard" being the president and the videos give some clue to just how hard it really is.

BTW, the campaign people certainly must be cautioning him on what to say, what not to say and how to say it in order to have the best chance for re-election. It probably takes him out of being who he really is or communicating in the way he's comfortable, when every single word is scrutinized.

Yes, that scrutiny is more intense during a campaign than after the campaign has been won.
Consider these posts as my way of introducing you to yourself.

Proud "SMACKDOWN!!" and "Golden Troll" Award Winner.

James L  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2004, 03:31 AM

You could be right...or, he's going nuts!

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2004, 03:55 AM

Originally posted by James L:
You could be right...or, he's going nuts!

You could be right...or, I'm going nuts!

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2004, 07:34 AM

Originally posted by aberdeenwriter:

When he was running for Governor, sure there were many issues which he had to become familiar with. However running for the Governorship of Texas isn't as stressful or draining as that of actually holding the job of POTUS.

I wonder if a similar comparison of ANY president wouldn't show a similar kind of toll.

LBJ was known for being full of piss and vinegar when he was in the Senate. But when he announced he wouldn't run in 1968 he was much slower in speech and his manner was quite different than it was ten years earlier.

"It's hard" being the president and the videos give some clue to just how hard it really is.

It's. Hard. Work.

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2004, 12:17 PM

BTW, the campaign people certainly must be cautioning him on what to say, what not to say and how to say it in order to have the best chance for re-election. It probably takes him out of being who he really is or communicating in the way he's comfortable, when every single word is scrutinized.

Yes, that scrutiny is more intense during a campaign than after the campaign has been won.
Didn't see this much change in Bush I. Or Clinton. Hell, even Reagan wasn't this bad. Sorry, but W has something seriously wrong with his head.

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2004, 04:43 PM

Originally posted by Mrjinglesusa:
Didn't see this much change in Bush I. Or Clinton. Hell, even Reagan wasn't this bad. Sorry, but W has something seriously wrong with his head.
Your post evokes an image of an ALIEN-like possession where, Kerry secretly injected him with the Fuzzy Brained Liberal serum at the debate and one day, soon, a snarling and spitting little Paul Begala will burst forth from W's torso.

Disclaimer:

THIS IS A JOKE. DO NOT TAKE THIS POST TO MEAN PAUL BEGALA RESIDES WITHIN THE TORSO OF GWB.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2004, 05:28 PM

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2004, 06:56 PM

Your post evokes an image of an ALIEN-like possession where, Kerry secretly injected him with the Fuzzy Brained Liberal serum at the debate and one day, soon, a snarling and spitting little Paul Begala will burst forth from W's torso.

Disclaimer:

THIS IS A JOKE. DO NOT TAKE THIS POST TO MEAN PAUL BEGALA RESIDES WITHIN THE TORSO OF GWB.
Maybe that's what that was on his back!

spiky_dog
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2004, 08:39 PM

Originally posted by Mrjinglesusa:
or he could be drugged up, my pet theory.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2004, 09:30 PM

This topic is boring.

Next!

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2004, 10:46 PM

The difference really is quite striking. In the plus column, Bush doesn't seem to make up words as often this time around.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2004, 11:04 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules