Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Volume Display Not Appearing

Volume Display Not Appearing
FastAMX79
Sep 2, 2001, 02:11 PM

I noticed that then i use the volume control on my keybord, it no longer shows me where the level is at, or makes the alert sound go off to tell me where my volume is at. I just installed 9.2.1 on a powermac G3/400. The buttons work, but no display or sound. Is where a way to fix it?
thanks!!!!
Powerbook G4 15" 1.0GHz FW800 60GIG HDD / 1.5GB RAM 10.5.X
iBook G3/800 12" 30GIG 640MB RAM 10.4.11
Mirror Door G4 1.0DP .5TB/1.5TB/40GB/30GB 1.5GB RAM 10.5 Server
Mini 1.83GHz C2D 80GB HDD 1GB RAM

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 2, 2001, 07:14 PM

I've had the volume and disk eject keys "break" every once in a while on my Cube, usually after 2 or 3 days of continuous uptime, and rebuilding the desktop usually straightens it out.

I have discovered that there's an extension that controls these buttons, although it doesn't say so in the description in Extensions Mgr. If you've indescriminantly turned off any extensions that it didn't seem like you needed, (sorry, I forgot which one it was) try turning them back on.

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Forum Links
Forum Rules