Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > dual 2.0 g5 and the adaptec duo connect card....

dual 2.0 g5 and the adaptec duo connect card....
action
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2004, 05:53 PM

hi gang,

i purchased the adaptec duo connect firewire usb 2 combo card and it's in the g5.

i'm running 10.3.5 on a revision a dual 2.0, 3.5 gigs of ram and oem 9800 pro.

i also have the firmtec card with two sata drives mounted in the front of the fans via g5 bracket.

the problem: the card is buggy. some things work and others won't. it states the that the adaptec card does not need drivers for osx and the usb only works as 1.1.

the card is placed in the slot closest to the harddrives and the firmtek card is in the middle slot and the slot closest to the graphics card is empty.

when i connect my isight to the adaptec the images stall. my epson printers will not print on the usb connection off the cards but all periphials work fine on the other ports on the computer. my wacom intuos 2 works off the usb port off the adaptec.

my question is will the adaptec card be less buggy if i have it in a different slot. i read the powermac manual about compatibility about pci cards in pci x slots but i'm a little confused.

there are no adaptec drivers on the adaptec site for osx as far as i can tell.

if anyone can shed light on this or if i'm stuck with some things working and others not, i would really appreciate.

thanks in advance.

as always,

chung lee

Forum Links
Forum Rules