Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Advice Needed: Handwriting App and Stylus for iPhone

Advice Needed: Handwriting App and Stylus for iPhone
Helmling
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2010, 04:51 PM

I feel like I've been living in a cave, but until I attended a conference last week, I had no idea you could use a stylus to write on an iPad.

I, however, don't want to carry one around to take notes, but I'd love to have the app for my wife's (soon-to-arrive) iPad and I'd like to be able to do the same on my iPhone.

Can anyone recommend a stylus and an app that will let me keep hand-written notes?

How about one that does OCR on your handwriting?

Best of all, something that will let me easily save to Dropbox? (That's too much to ask, I bet.)

Phileas
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2010, 06:48 PM

There are a number of handwriting apps out there, with save to dropbox. Just take a look around the app store.

I've tested one OCR app, Writepad, which sucked so unbelievably badly it would have been funny had it not been a waste of five bucks. Note Taker HD was, for me, the best of the handwriting (non OCR) apps, but in the end I abandoned all of them and returned to the keyboard. I found myself being considerably faster typing than handwriting.

The screen of the iPad, and the iPhone even more so, is simply too small to accomodate handwritten notes.

Silent
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2010, 07:21 AM

I'd suggest you take a look around the Application Store on your iPhone, or iPad.
---

Be sure to read the description on each application you find. Just to make sure it suits your style best.

Forum Links
Forum Rules