Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Major Development on Osama Bin Laden

Major Development on Osama Bin Laden (Page 8)
Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2012, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Pfftt... Mitt is just Barack without the tan. Idiots on both sides are too blind to see it, and that includes the boobies from other lands who are so bored with their own country that they purposely mire themselves in the wasteland of US politics.
And, what do you call it when Americans concern themselves with the politics of other countries? Why are Americans so concerned about who is the leader of France, North Korea, Iran, Russia, England, and many others? Are those Americans *also* boobies? Or, do Americans have some sort of special right to be concerned about the politics of other nations that no other people on the planet have a right to?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 3, 2012, 01:58 AM

So, you lowered my "purposely mired", which is the equivalent of being obsessed, to "concerned", which could mean that you like to check out the headlines on CNN.com.

Do you guys ever get tired of doing that kind of thing, is it automatic for you now or does it still require premeditation?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 3, 2012, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
Politically, Canada IS boring. Which is waaaaay better than a nation destroying itself like the U.S. has been doing.

And to pretend there's no difference between the Democrats and the Republican (or Rmoney and Obama) is fncking delusional. But I expect nothing less from reality-impaired Ron Paul supporters.
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
It's not boredom, it's the fact that US politics impact other countries. For one, the US gets involves in wars and coerces others to join. For another, they have economic boom and bust periods that impact the global economy.
Ooh, a matched set even Dolly would be proud of.

Again, I didn't say there was no difference between (R) and (D), I said there was no difference between Mitt and Barry. As I said in my last post, this shit has to be automatic, the whole twisting and manipulation of a person's comments is so natural for many of you now. I find that fascinating.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

screener
Senior User
May 3, 2012, 03:37 AM

Pfftt... Mitt is just Barack without the tan.
Wow.
Idiots on both sides are too blind to see it, and that includes the boobies from other lands who are so bored with their own country that they purposely mire themselves in the wasteland of US politics.
Wow.
To make your post even more apologetic and earn a you should have included how well off you are.
You do bring it up often enough.

screener
Senior User
May 3, 2012, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
And, what do you call it when Americans concern themselves with the politics of other countries? Why are Americans so concerned about who is the leader of France, North Korea, Iran, Russia, England, and many others? Are those Americans *also* boobies? Or, do Americans have some sort of special right to be concerned about the politics of other nations that no other people on the planet have a right to?
The well off do think different.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2012, 07:36 AM

Politically, Canada IS boring. Which is waaaaay better than a nation destroying itself like the U.S. has been doing.

And to pretend there's no difference between the Democrats and the Republican (or Rmoney and Obama) is fncking delusional. But I expect nothing less from reality-impaired Ron Paul supporters.
I happen to appreciate the contributions of Turtle and Shaddim, but yours is a point I've been trying to make for some time now. There is a difference and if nothing else includes cabinet appointments, Supreme Court appointments, and a starkly different narrative from the bully pulpit. I also think the Republican candidate will be more beholden to an increasingly vocal conservative base. All of which is progress IMO and a reason to perhaps even plug your nose and check Romney.
ebuddy

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2012, 08:14 AM

So, you lowered my "purposely mired", which is the equivalent of being obsessed, to "concerned", which could mean that you like to check out the headlines on CNN.com.

Do you guys ever get tired of doing that kind of thing, is it automatic for you now or does it still require premeditation?
Nice dodge.

What do you call it when Americans are "purposely mired" with the politics of other countries? And don't pretend it doesn't matter to Americans. We see Americans get "purposely mired" in the politics of almost any country that American politicians feel threatened by. And, that threat doesn't even have to be military; for example some Americans seem to feel the need to be "purposely mired" in the politics around Canada's health care system. (just look at how often Fox News gets "purposely mired" in Canada's health care system: https://www.google.ca/search?aq=0&oq...da+health+care)

Do *you* guys ever get tired of that? I don't think you even realize how "purposely mired" you are as well in the politics of other countries.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 3, 2012, 01:53 PM

Nice dodge.
It wasn't a dodge, your follow-up is. Why you feel the need to blow up what I said out of proportion is anyone's guess, but I have noticed that many of the more Left-leaning members are becoming more irritated and doing a fair bit more word twisting than they had before. When my little girl gets fussy like this I know it's time to reach for the Desitin, not sure what the fix would be around here.
( Last edited by Shaddim; May 3, 2012 at 02:16 PM. )
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 3, 2012, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by screener View Post
Wow.
To make your post even more apologetic and earn a you should have included how well off you are.
You do bring it up often enough.
Oh, hey screamer. Still spreading the class warfare BS, I see. How's that working for ya? You should probably mix in some new material, just to keep things fresh.
- Thomas Paine

screener
Senior User
May 3, 2012, 03:04 PM

Oh, hey screamer.

Lockstep with the turtleneck.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 3, 2012, 06:18 PM

Lockstep with the turtleneck.
Actually, I'm the one who started that. FWIW, I'm sure you know what Schultz and the rest of the DNC eat before they do, so "stones and glass houses", etc..
- Thomas Paine

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2012, 08:55 PM

It wasn't a dodge, your follow-up is. Why you feel the need to blow up what I said out of proportion is anyone's guess, but I have noticed that many of the more Left-leaning members are becoming more irritated and doing a fair bit more word twisting than they had before. When my little girl gets fussy like this I know it's time to reach for the Desitin, not sure what the fix would be around here.
Just trying to get an answer out of you. You are very concerned with non-Americans being "purposefully mired" with American politics, but you seem to have no problems with Americans being "purposefully mired" in the politics of other nations. I'm trying to confirm or repudiate this observation, but you seem disinclined to answer, forcing me to come to my own conclusions.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 3, 2012, 09:28 PM

When did I say I wasn't concerned about Americans being purposefully mired in foreign politics? I'm actually somewhat concerned about politicians who feel it necessary to bungle around the globe, sticking their noses into places where they don't belong. There's nothing beyond my direct sphere of influence that I'm "very concerned" about, because that's just a waste of energy.
- Thomas Paine

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2012, 09:30 PM

When did I say I wasn't concerned about Americans being purposefully mired in foreign politics?
It was an observation that I was looking to confirm. Since you opted to dodge my question, I was forced to draw my own conclusions.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 3, 2012, 09:34 PM

Anyone else getting tired of all those Canucks voicing their opinion about *US* politics ?

Don't you have things to fix in Canuckistan, or at least some masturbating to take care off ?

-t

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 3, 2012, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Anyone else getting tired of all those Canucks voicing their opinion about *US* politics ?

Don't you have things to fix in Canuckistan, or at least some masturbating to take care off ?

-t

They have just as much right to voice their opinions as you do your repetitive emotional rants.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2012, 10:43 PM

Boo fncking hoo.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2012, 10:49 PM

-t
Once you Americans stop impacting the politics of our nation, we'll stop voicing our opinions about your politics.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
May 3, 2012, 11:00 PM

-t
No. I like our Canadian friends/neighbors.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 3, 2012, 11:45 PM

It was an observation that I was looking to confirm. Since you opted to dodge my question, I was forced to draw my own conclusions.
I wasn't dodging jack or shit, I was continuing my own observations. Lately I've been taking a tally to see who on MacNN is most likely to distort what others say, and so far it isn't looking good for the Left.
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 3, 2012, 11:46 PM

They have just as much right to voice their opinions as you do your repetitive emotional rants.
the irony.
- Thomas Paine

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 3, 2012, 11:57 PM

I wasn't dodging jack or shit, I was continuing my own observations. Lately I've been taking a tally to see who on MacNN is most likely to distort what others say, and so far it isn't looking good for the Left.
So, do you feel that Americans should mind their own business and stop commenting on the politics of other nations?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2012, 01:02 AM

the irony.

Yeah, I'm known for my repetitive emotional rants.

screener
Senior User
May 4, 2012, 05:09 AM

Actually, I'm the one who started that. FWIW, I'm sure you know what Schultz and the rest of the DNC eat before they do, so "stones and glass houses", etc..
Yeah, you would take credit away from someone that deserves derision.
Looks good on ya.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2012, 05:15 AM

So, do you feel that Americans should mind their own business and stop commenting on the politics of other nations?
They can say whatever they want, as long as we're not funding any more wars. I simply find it comical, and a bit pathetic, that so many Canadians are more wrapped up in US politics than most Americans. Perhaps they're jealous that they weren't born a few hundred miles further south, since their country has almost zero international influence? My wife, a Canadian expat, tells me that a favorite pastime up there is to bitch about the USA for a while and then turn right around and complain about Canada and exclaim how they wish they lived here where it's more interesting. Fascinating.

Once you Americans stop impacting the politics of our nation, we'll stop voicing our opinions about your politics.
Your GDP is roughly 10% of the US, I believe. That right there is probably Canada's biggest issue.
- Thomas Paine

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2012, 05:34 AM

They can say whatever they want, as long as we're not funding any more wars. I simply find it comical, and a bit pathetic, that so many Canadians are more wrapped up in US politics than most Americans. Perhaps they're jealous that they weren't born a few hundred miles further south, since their country has almost zero international influence? My wife, a Canadian expat, tells me that a favorite pastime up there is to bitch about the USA for a while and then turn right around and complain about Canada and exclaim how they wish they lived here where it's more interesting. Fascinating.
You're right, politics up there is incredibly boring, but I'll take boring right now. We need boring, and less constant parade of stupid in our politics.

It's not pathetic though, it's constant infotainment that you can't turn off no matter how hard you try, it's more so an acceptance of this fact and wanting to influence all of this to favor their interests and sensibilities. It's no different from celebrity gossip, except it's stuff that matters a little more than who Kim K is dating.

I'd be willing to bet that people all over the world know who Sarah Palin is.

Your GDP is roughly 10% of the US, I believe. That right there is probably Canada's biggest issue.
The total population is also roughly that of California.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 4, 2012, 08:20 AM

I simply find it comical, and a bit pathetic, that so many Canadians are more wrapped up in US politics than most Americans.
I also find it pathetic that most Americans are less interested in American politics than some Canadians are.

screener
Senior User
May 4, 2012, 02:26 PM

I simply find it comical, and a bit pathetic, that so many Canadians are more wrapped up in US politics than most Americans. Perhaps they're jealous that they weren't born a few hundred miles further south, since their country has almost zero international influence?
Yup, international influence.
Pathetic.
My wife, a Canadian expat, tells me that a favorite pastime up there is to bitch about the USA for a while and then turn right around and complain about Canada and exclaim how they wish they lived here where it's more interesting. Fascinating.
Yup, anecdotes rule.
Yup, that's it.

Pathetic.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2012, 06:47 PM

I also find it pathetic that most Americans are less interested in American politics than some Canadians are.
A large portion of that you can lay at the feet of the parties and politicians. Americans have lost faith in our political system.
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 4, 2012, 06:52 PM

Yup, international influence.
Pathetic.

Yup, anecdotes rule.

Yup, that's it.

Pathetic.
Well, money talks. That's just part of life.

You should try more fibre, might make you less irritable.
- Thomas Paine

screener
Senior User
May 5, 2012, 03:10 PM

Well, money talks. That's just part of life.
But you find it comical and a bit pathetic that people affected are interested.
Pathetically arrogant.
You should try more fibre, might make you less irritable.
I crap just fine.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 5, 2012, 11:45 PM

But you find it comical and a bit pathetic that people affected are interested.
Pathetically arrogant.

I crap just fine.
Oh, I know, you probably just haven't gotten any in a while. When was the last time? Judging by your demeanor, the Clinton era? Generally, for me it's a morning and evening kinda thing, sometimes even middle of the night. Now though, with the new baby, it's down to about once per day. That's still not bad, though.
- Thomas Paine

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 6, 2012, 12:57 AM

The internet at its best.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 6, 2012, 01:39 AM

If you were able to read, you would have noticed that I said NOTHING about their rights.

-t

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 6, 2012, 01:41 AM

Actually, YES, that would be nice. But also stop funding all the crap like IMF, UN etc...

-t

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
May 6, 2012, 02:58 AM

Oh, I know, you probably just haven't gotten any in a while. When was the last time? Judging by your demeanor, the Clinton era? Generally, for me it's a morning and evening kinda thing, sometimes even middle of the night. Now though, with the new baby, it's down to about once per day. That's still not bad, though.
Hey, how about you rub in how much money you have too? That would be really classy.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 6, 2012, 03:11 AM

Hey, how about you rub in how much money you have too? That would be really classy.
Wait, you're poor, liberal, Canadian, and STILL grumpy ? I thought you had everything going for ya ?

-t

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 6, 2012, 10:20 AM

Poor people don't get sex? I know that can't be true, there's so many of them.
- Thomas Paine

screener
Senior User
May 6, 2012, 05:53 PM

I nailed you.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
May 6, 2012, 10:59 PM

I'm absolutely certain that I've never been, nor could ever be, that intoxicated.
- Thomas Paine

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 6, 2012, 11:20 PM

You guys smell like garbage, poop suckers.

subego
Clinically Insane
May 6, 2012, 11:33 PM

You guys smell like garbage, poop suckers.
Did you actually mean "poop" or did you get dinged by the unicorn and rainbow filter?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 7, 2012, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Did you actually mean "poop" or did you get dinged by the unicorn and rainbow filter?

Yeah, stupid thing... I meant to say fly swatter suckers.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
May 7, 2012, 02:32 AM

WTF? I didn't write that...

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 7, 2012, 08:36 AM

Oh no you didn't...

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules