Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Freeeezing... HELP!

Freeeezing... HELP!
jpwauthier
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2004, 12:19 PM

I have a 15" PB 512RAM. 4 months old and since a bit of a time, it's freezing frequently (MSN Messener is often in cause I think) and I'm freakin out.

This thing is supposed to work well, isn't it? Anyway, I've deleted all downloaded stuff I had (from Bittorrent ) but I wonder what can I do to solve that issue.

Repair authorisation is done already but is there something specific to do on that?

Do I have to reinstall everything?

Thanks!!

Peorth
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2004, 01:49 PM

When did it first start freezing? Like after an installed program or something like that?

Powerbook 15" 1.25 Ghz, 512 RAM, 80 gig HD, Superdrive

jpwauthier  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2004, 01:57 PM

I coulndn't say. I just workin' around with different stuff and (oh, and I remember i've got iPodRip from the ipodlounge site to get some tunes from my friend's Pod)...

Yeah, I remember that since this moment I got many trouble but... I really don't know for the rest.

Peorth
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2004, 02:31 PM

Well there is the obvious solution of stop using MSN messanger but I don't think you'd want to do that would you?

What I did and this is for such a situation, I created another user and enable user switching. The other user would be used to trouble shoot problems like this one.

I would suggest creating another user with pretty much everything the same as whoever you use right now (permissions and such) and then go through the programs you have using them and seeing if they cause your system to freeze. Use them one at a time first and then two and so on. Know what I mean?

Powerbook 15" 1.25 Ghz, 512 RAM, 80 gig HD, Superdrive

Forum Links
Forum Rules