Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > A favor from the European Readers

A favor from the European Readers
doubtingtom
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2004, 06:37 AM

I am an American in Japan. I just bought a Canon i865 printer. This model will directly print on CD's using the label program. However, the program is in Japanese, and there are some things I don't understand (like the error message I keep getting!).

You can't download this software from the Canon site for some odd reason (I don't see how it is valuable unless you've bought the printer since it is printer specific). I have also emailed Canon 3 times, but haven't gotten a response yet.

So, I was hoping someone in an English speaking European country (they don't sell the i865 in the US because of a patent problem) could send me the program. If you send me a message I'll send you the link for my iDisk public folder.

If this is somehow infringing on copyrights, then don't worry, I'll keep hassling Canon, but I'm frustrated Canon doesn't offer this for download. They offer their Windows version of their printer software for download, just not their OS X versions (drivers only).

Thanks in advance.
12 Powerbook rev. B
17 LCD

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2004, 07:07 AM

Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Plus v1.0.0
Includes Easy-PhotoPrint Version 2.0.2.

Mac OS 9.x (CarbonLib 1.3.1 - 1.6)
Mac OS X 10.2.1 - 10.2.6
For Macintosh
File: photoprintplus100.sit
Posted: Wednesday, 1 October 2003
Size: 8.5 Mb

http://www.canon.com.au/drivers/conf...intplus100.sit
does this help?

-r.

doubtingtom  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2004, 06:23 PM

No, that is a different program. I have all the other programs, because I also own a canon digital camera (bought in the States!) and they bundled Easy Photo-Print and the other software with that.

It is just the CD-LabelPrint that I am missing, and they, for some odd reason, don't offer it as a download.

Thanks though.
12 Powerbook rev. B
17 LCD

Forum Links
Forum Rules