Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.3.5 cell phone iSync USB Freeze?

10.3.5 cell phone iSync USB Freeze?
qfdguru
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2004, 02:23 PM

In trying to isync my Motorola t720c cell phone under iSync, I freeze the entire system since installing the 10.3.5 update. I have tried rebooting with and without the cell phone on. The Titanium Powerbook (500MHz G4) won't even reboot with the cell phone on; it won't sync with it turned off. (It tries and reports the cell phone is unavailable.) It's iSync v1.5. Is that current? If not, where do I find an update?

When I say "freeze" I mean that it doesn't respond to the mouse or keyboard to, say, switch windows, but if I turn off the cell phone, it unfreezes and remembers my last few mouse clicks!

Anybody else see this? Any suggestions?

qfdguru  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 4, 2004, 01:41 PM

I did get the cell phone to sync by delicate mechanical tweaking of the connection to the cell phone. In some positions, though visually appearing to be connected, iSync reported no device. In others, the screen response froze (cursor movement possible). In one difficult to find position, it simply syncs, as intended. Cell phone power is on in all of these. Maybe there's a short in some positions?

Anyway, it appears to work adequately, now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules