Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > DVD-R media for Pioneer 103?

DVD-R media for Pioneer 103?
bohdanz
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 14, 2005, 07:36 PM

My G4 Digital Audio tower has the (ancient) Pioneer 103 DVD drive.
Which media works on this model? I see there are so many different choices but don't know what works for this spcific DVD drive.

Thanks in advance.

vasu
Senior User
Jan 15, 2005, 09:19 PM

Any dvd-r media should work well. I think the 103 toped out at 2x write, so you don't really need anything faster than that ... although everythings going to be 4x or 8x rated by now.

I'm particulary fond of Ritek G04 media. You can find it online at many stores, such as shop4tech.com ... sometimes you can find it under the FujiFilm brand in retail stores, but it could also be some other brand. Fuji sometimes relabels Ritek, so there's a chance a spindle of FujiFilm could be Ritek ... or it could be some other company.

-vasu

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2005, 02:11 AM

I've had no problems with my Ritek disks in my pioneer 103 in my MDD. Meritline.com has good prices by the way.

vasu
Senior User
Jan 16, 2005, 03:39 PM

I'm not sure of about the G04 (the Ritek 4x DVD-R media), but I've read of some people ordering Ritek G05 (their 8x media) from meritline and getting counterfit stuff made by another company.

-vasu

Forum Links
Forum Rules