Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > HP 8200 USB CD-RW

HP 8200 USB CD-RW
Samwise97
Sep 23, 2000, 11:41 AM

Hiya folks,

I just bought Hewlett-Packard's 8200 USB model cd-rw drive for use with my desktop PC and my Powerbook G3 (Firewire). HP only included PC drivers on their CDs, and I can't find any mac info for the drive on their site (or much of anywhere). Adaptec's site lists it as Toast supported, so does anyone know where I might find drivers for it or something similar or generic to try? Are there any additional extensions I need? Toast doesn't recognize the drive (doesn't seem to scan anything but IDE bus) and the automatic driver search when I plug the drive in doesn't find anything either. Thanks in advance!

Samwise97

Cipher13
Sep 23, 2000, 08:40 PM

Make sure you have the latest version of Toast Deluxe. OEM may not support it, and support may have only been added recently.

Cipher13

Samwise97
Sep 24, 2000, 04:13 AM

I started with Toast 4.0 Deluxe, and have since upgraded through 4.1, 4.1.1 and even the bogus 4.2 floating around Hotline with no luck. It seems like I need some kind of USB driver... the drive won't even mount a disk to read, and the Toast Reader extension is active...

Shaman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 12, 2000, 12:37 PM

I had the same problem with Mitsumi CDRW !
The problem was in incompatibility with the scanner drivers ! (Vistascan - Umax) i've disabled them and all worked best :-)

Samwise97
Oct 15, 2000, 12:01 AM

Hmm, I'm pretty new to the mac world and don't have many drivers for other peripherals installed, though some things have acted funny (tried using a Western Digital external hard drive for video editing, made sure all Firewire extensions etc. were up to date and still no luck. Probably some sort of conflict, but seeing as a second LaCie external we had plugged in and worked immediately, we just used it). I enlisted the help of some more informed mac folks with the CD-RW and still had no luck, so I've since returned the drive and ordered the popular APS USB drive, which should be here Monday ; )

Forum Links
Forum Rules