Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Police discrimination, misconduct, Ferguson, MO, the Roman Legion, and now math???

Police discrimination, misconduct, Ferguson, MO, the Roman Legion, and now math??? (Page 27)
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 06:11 PM

So after the police shot John Crawford on sight when they encountered him in the Wal-mart holding a toy air rifle and talking on a cell phone to the mother of his children , they then aggressively questioned his girlfriend for 90 minutes before even telling her that they had killed him. Was this the result of the “behavior of the black community”? Or is it simply indicative of a fundamental lack of respect that some police officers have for the communities they are supposed to “protect and serve”?

Police aggressively questioned the tearful girlfriend of a young black man they had just shot dead as he held a BB gun in an Ohio supermarket – accusing her of lying, threatening her with jail, and suggesting that she was high on drugs.

Tasha Thomas was reduced to swearing on the lives of her relatives that John Crawford III had not been carrying a firearm when they entered the Walmart in Beavercreek, near Dayton, to buy crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars on the evening of 5 August.

“You lie to me and you might be on your way to jail,” detective Rodney Curd told Thomas, as she wept and repeatedly offered to take a lie-detector test. After more than an hour and a half of questioning and statement-taking, Curd finally told Thomas that Crawford, 22, had died.

“As a result of his actions, he is gone,” said the detective, as she slumped in her chair and cried.

Crawford had been shot by police officer Sean Williams, after a customer called 911 and claimed the 22-year-old was pointing a gun at passersby. Surveillance footage released later showed Crawford picking up the BB rifle from a shelf, wandering the aisles and occasionally swinging the gun at his side while he spoke on his cellphone to his ex-girlfriend.

A 94-minute police video recording, released to the Guardian by the office of Mike DeWine, the Ohio attorney general, in response to a public records request, shows Thomas, 26, being interviewed by Curd after she was driven from Walmart to the Beavercreek police department. Curd later told investigators he had not yet been told Crawford only had a BB gun that had been on sale at the store.

Curd promptly asked Thomas whether she and Crawford had criminal records. Already tearful and breathless, Thomas explained that she may have had some traffic offences and had been arrested for petty theft as a juvenile.

The detective then became increasingly aggressive and banged on the table between them with his hand. “Tell me where he got the gun from,” Curd repeated. Thomas insisted Crawford had been carrying only a white plastic grocery bag when they arrived at Walmart to buy the ingredients to make s’mores at a family cook-out.

Asked one of several times whether Crawford owned a gun, Thomas said: “Not that I know.”

Curd told her: “Don’t tell me ‘not that you know’, because that’s the first thing I realise somebody’s not telling me the truth”.

He later repeated: “You need to tell me the truth” and “You need to be truthful.”

Crawford’s family and their attorneys have stressed since his death that under Ohio’s open-carry firearms laws and Walmart’s regulations, he would have been allowed to carry a real rifle with him around the store.

Crawford was talking on his cellphone to LeeCee Johnson, the mother of his two sons, when he was shot by Williams. Curd repeatedly suggested to Thomas that Johnson, who was in fact at home in Cincinnati, may also have been in the Walmart store and that Crawford was there to attack her.

“Did he ever mention ‘I’m going to shoot that bitch’ or something like that?” the detective asked Thomas, who insisted that Crawford had not. Johnson, whom Thomas had never met, was miles away and listened over the phone while Crawford died.

At several points during the interview Thomas swore to God, and on the lives of her three children, the grave of her late brother and “on everything I have” that she was telling the truth, but Curd remained dismissive.

Curd also pushed Thomas on whether she was intoxicated, asking her: “Have you been drinking? Drugs? Your eyes are kind of messed-up looking”. After she told him that Crawford had smelled of marijuana, Curd took down notes. He went on to ask whether Crawford had been suicidal.

The detective, a 26-year veteran of Beavercreek, was interviewed about his involvement in the case three days later, by two special agents from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, which had taken over the inquiry. Curd explained to the agents that he “believed the deceased had brought a weapon into the Walmart and geared the interview with that assumption”.

“Curd stated that he became aggressive during the interview with Thomas because of his (Curd) disbelief that if Mr Crawford brought a gun inside Walmart, Ms Thomas didn’t see the gun,” the agents noted in their report, which was released by the Ohio attorney general’s office in September.

After the case was handed to a special prosecutor, a grand jury decided in September that Williams and another officer involved should not face criminal charges. Williams was in 2010 responsible for the only other fatal police shooting in Beavercreek’s recent history.
Video shows John Crawford's girlfriend aggressively questioned after Ohio police shot him dead in Walmart | US news | The Guardian

OAW

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Gee, thugs with guns to prevent violence from other Thugs with guns. See the pattern?
1. On what basis do you call the S1W's "thugs"?

2. How are they going to "prevent violence" with fake weapons?

3. Did you even read the previous post or are you just simply stuck on your nonsensical narrative?

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 06:19 PM

As I stood in the crowd and watched the show, they looked real to me. Maybe they took the yellow tips off, just kidding.
From Chuck D's interview with "The Final Call"

Interview with a Hip Hop Legend, Chuck D
Fans of Public Enemy will recall the imagery used by the group and in the liner notes of “Fear of A Black Planet” members of Security of the First World (S1W) who were also members of the Fruit of Islam were pictured wearing their uniforms. Chuck D said everybody, including White fans were “clamoring over it” trying to get their hands on it because “human beings are attracted to the truth.” PE used their power to introduce certain important topics to the listeners, and just like they did it decades ago, it can be done again, he said.
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 06:28 PM

A very spot-on article from a libertarian media outlet that sums up my view on this so-called "black on black crime" deflection ....

When a white cop kills an unarmed black man, many blacks see a pattern of prejudice that generates official suspicion, hostility and abuse based on skin color. Many whites, however, say it's the fault of blacks. If they didn't commit so much crime, they wouldn't get so much attention from police.

This is not just a favorite theme of overt bigots and Internet trolls. It's the view of Rudy Giuliani, the former New York mayor and Republican presidential candidate, and many other whites.

Black-on-black crime "is the reason for the heavy police presence in the black community," he asserted on NBC's Meet the Press. "So why don't (they) cut it down so so many white police officers don't have to be in black areas?"

In this view, African Americans have only themselves to blame for the presence and behavior of cops in their neighborhoods. If they would get serious about cleaning up the problems in their own communities, police would not be arresting or killing so many black people.

There's an element of truth to this line of argument. Violent crime rates are far higher among blacks than among whites and other groups. One reason cops have a disproportionate number of interactions with African-American males is that these men commit a disproportionate number of offenses.

Where the argument fails is in its assumption that blacks are complacent about these realities and that whites are blameless. The gist of the message is that blacks created the problem and blacks need to solve it.

But the problem didn't originate recently. In 1958—a time of lynchings, universal discrimination and legal segregation—Time magazine reported that in big cities, the "biggest and most worrisome problem is the crime rate among Negroes" and said Negro leaders and civil rights groups should start "accepting responsibility in an area where they habitually look the other way."

The common impulse of whites, then and now, was to blame blacks for pathologies that whites played a central role in creating. Criminologist Charles Silberman wrote in 1978 that "it would be hard to imagine an environment better calculated to evoke violence than the one in which black Americans have lived." Pretending black crime is a black-created problem is like pretending New Orleans never got hit by a hurricane.

The Giuliani view omits some vital facts. The epidemic of unarmed blacks being killed by police comes not when black crime is high but when it is low. Homicides committed by African Americans declined by half between 1991 and 2008.

Since the early 1990s, arrests of black juveniles have plunged by more than half. In New York City, where Eric Garner was killed by police, the rate of homicides by blacks is down by 80 percent. In Chicago, where most murders are committed by African Americans, the number last year was the lowest since 1965—and this year's could be lower yet.

What is also easy to forget in the denunciation of black crime is that the vast majority of blacks are not criminals. In any given year, less than 5 percent of African Americans are involved in violent crime as perpetrators or victims. The fact that blacks make up a large share of the violent criminal population gives many whites the impression that violent criminals make up a large share of the black population. They don't.

Why don't more blacks living in bad neighborhoods learn to behave like sober middle-class suburbanites? One reason is the shortage of stable families, steady incomes, good schools and safe streets. If you grow up with those advantages, it's relatively easy to do the right thing. If you don't, it's a lot harder.

People trapped in a poor and dangerous slum can't depend on the authorities to keep them safe. They face serious threats every time they leave home. But a young black man who packs or uses a weapon to protect himself against gangs is committing a crime. Even motivated, well-intended kids can wind up in jail.

Crime and poverty create a vicious cycle: A child raised in a chaotic environment is not likely to learn the habits that foster success. Black children afflicted with these disadvantages often take the wrong path as teens or adults. And when they turn out badly, people like Giuliani act as though whites bear no responsibility.

Conservatives are right to say that many of the problems afflicting black communities grow out of lamentable conditions in black communities. Their mistake is thinking that's the end of the discussion. It's only the beginning.
The Problem With Blaming Black Crime for Police Shootings - Reason.com

This part bears repeating ....

What is also easy to forget in the denunciation of black crime is that the vast majority of blacks are not criminals. In any given year, less than 5 percent of African Americans are involved in violent crime as perpetrators or victims. The fact that blacks make up a large share of the violent criminal population gives many whites the impression that violent criminals make up a large share of the black population. They don't.
When factual information like this is presented one would think that fair-minded individuals of good will would take heed. Insisting upon right-wing talking points about the "black community" nevertheless ... when such pathologies aren't even applicable to the vast majority of African-Americans ... is a fundamental part of the problem.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Dec 15, 2014 at 06:45 PM. )

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 15, 2014, 06:51 PM

Typical liberal mindset that you don't have ANY personal responsibility for your actions. Sounds like a broken record at this point.

You are such a waste of time to talk with, I regret having tried.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 07:20 PM

What a nice bunch of people...all full of love.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8
BTW, the greatest irony, more than 20 police were standing by protecting those scumbags while the demonstrators were calling for them to be murdered. You know that has to be a great feeling, right?
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 07:45 PM

I suppose it was Latino "culture" problems what led this officer crooked ass cop to throw a 76 year old man on the ground and taser him over a freaking expired vehicle inspection sticker ....

The Victoria, Texas, Police Department is conducting an internal investigation after one of its officers allegedly used a stun gun on a 76-year-old man during a traffic stop, the Victoria Advocate reports.

Officer Nathanial Robinson, 23, is reportedly on administrative duty following the Thursday incident, during which, it is alleged, he violated the department’s policy on the use of force while arresting Pete Vasquez.

The encounter began after the cop, who joined the force after graduating from the police academy two years ago, stopped Vasquez because of an expired inspection sticker on the car the older man was driving. Vasquez was driving the car back to the car dealership where he does some mechanical work, the Advocate notes.

Vasquez exited the vehicle, which the Advocate reports is owned by the car lot, and tried to get the dealership's manager while he explained to Robinson that there were dealer tags on the car, which would make him exempt from the inspection.

Nevertheless, Robinson is seen in a dashboard camera video arresting the older man, whom he grabbed by the arm and pushed into the hood of the cruiser. Officers say that after the two men fell out of the frame, Robinson tasered Vaquez twice while he was on the ground.

"He just acted like a pit bull, and that was it," Vasquez told the Advocate. "For a while I thought he was going to pull his gun and shoot me."

Police Chief J.J. Craig said that the department was looking into the incident because the video footage "raises some concerns": "Public trust is extremely important to us," he told the news site. "Sometimes that means you have to take a real hard look at some of the actions that occur within the department."

If Robinson is found to have gone against department policy, his punishment could range from a formal written reprimand to unpaid suspension to being fired, Craig told the news site.

A witness to the incident, Larry Urich, the car lot's 62-year-old sales manager, said that he was disturbed by the arrest. "I told the officer, 'What in the hell are you doing?' This gentleman is 76 years old," Urich told the Advocate. "The cop told me to stand back, but I didn't shut up. I told him he was a g--damn Nazi storm trooper.

Urich said that he wanted Robinson fired and prosecuted for harming an elderly person. "He's probably a good family man, but you don't treat people like that," he added. "I don't see how in the world anyone would think he should keep his job after that."

As for Vasquez, he told the Advocate that he felt his rights were violated. "The Police Department is supposed to train their police officers to be more conscientious and use common sense. I don't think he had any," the older man said.
76-Year-Old Texas Man Reportedly Tasered by Officer During Traffic Stop - The Root

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Some people simply don't have the temperament to be a police officer.

OAW

PS: Waiting on the first knucklehead to blame it on the rap music the cop was listening to.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 08:32 PM

Yep, nor the physical stature. There needs to be a return to strict standards. Minimum 6 foot, and sorry, males only.
I doubt this would have happened.
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2014, 09:15 PM

^^^

Stature has nothing to do with it. Even a 6 foot tall man can get KTFO from an attack like that. And this is precisely why you wait for backup before getting a suspect with outstanding arrest warrants out of a car.

OAW

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 16, 2014, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
1. On what basis do you call the S1W's "thugs"?

2. How are they going to "prevent violence" with fake weapons?

3. Did you even read the previous post or are you just simply stuck on your nonsensical narrative?

OAW
I'm just tired of incidental news reports being used to show some vast conspiracy or some such. Why not spend some time listing the number of black-on-black killings every week. We've had 6 in DC since Sunday. How many in Chicago? Detroit? Atlanta? NYC? If Black Lives Matter, its not being shown in day to day life.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 16, 2014, 10:52 AM

I see the thread devolved into a smear campaign on blacks while I was gone. But it's totally about "behavior".

Hey guys, here's a challenge for you: Try writing posts without the word thug. It's pretty much the PC term for the n-word now.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 16, 2014, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I see the thread devolved into a smear campaign on blacks while I was gone. But it's totally about "behavior".
I think it's totally about Badkosh being unwilling or unable to handle a little complexity. Both OAW and I have tried.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 16, 2014, 11:50 AM

Besson, YOU have been blinded by the leftwing narrative and are ignoring the real problem.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2014, 12:04 PM

Talking about the issues with blacks is racism, you can't even imply that at least some of it is their fault without being pegged a bigot, so where do we go from there? F*ck it, when all cops refuse to enter those urban areas, then I guess we'll see what happens.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 16, 2014, 12:13 PM

Add liberals into that mix too, as they only see the world as stereotypes, and soap opera plots.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 16, 2014, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
I think it's totally about Badkosh being unwilling or unable to handle a little complexity. Both OAW and I have tried.
The problem as you "over-complexify" is you add in so much that really has nothing to do with the real situations, and you use too many stereotypes and false situations. Your assumptions are worthless at that point.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 16, 2014, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Talking about the issues with blacks is racism, you can't even imply that at least some of it is their fault without being pegged a bigot
Some is their fault? Sure. Once we get down to pointing to rap music, I think we're a little past that.

I also had some time to dwell on some of the intricacies of how we got here, and, if you blame some of their problems on a culture of fatherless homes, you can probably still trace that back to racism: we created a society in the 80s where minor drug offenses started piling black men in jail at a startling (and lopsided) rate. Remove the main breadwinner and role model, then complain about disintegration of their culture.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2014, 12:45 PM

Some is their fault? Sure. Once we get down to pointing to rap music, I think we're a little past that.

I also had some time to dwell on some of the intricacies of how we got here, and, if you blame some of their problems on a culture of fatherless homes, you can probably still trace that back to racism: we created a society in the 80s where minor drug offenses started piling black men in jail at a startling (and lopsided) rate. Remove the main breadwinner and role model, then complain about disintegration of their culture.
I didn't say anything about rap music, hip-hop "culture" is a product of the breakdown within the urban black community, not a cause. Drug dealing, and the easy money associated with it, was (and still is) a contributor to the problem, but not all urban blacks back then were dealing drugs. As much to blame for the situation they're in is the idea that welfare can be a way of life, that it's the government's job to provide what they need to "get by", and that's what numerous generations have learned to expect. "We don't need to do anything, there are no expectations, just existing will get us what we need to get by". It's the single largest point of failure to the idea of the welfare state, inertia (or the lack of it). Most humans are inherently lazy, why work 100% harder for 50% more benefit?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 16, 2014, 12:49 PM

I didn't say anything about rap music
I didn't say you did.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2014, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Yep, nor the physical stature. There needs to be a return to strict standards. Minimum 6 foot, and sorry, males only.
I doubt this would have happened.
^^^

Stature has nothing to do with it. Even a 6 foot tall man can get KTFO from an attack like that. And this is precisely why you wait for backup before getting a suspect with outstanding arrest warrants out of a car.

OAW
Do you believe he would have KTFO a male cop his own size?
If the female cop had managed to get up or avoid the punch, do you believe should would be unjustified in drawing her side arm?
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 16, 2014, 02:04 PM

Oh boy
"Witness 40": Exposing A Fraud In Ferguson | The Smoking Gun
The grand jury witness who testified that she saw Michael Brown pummel a cop before charging at him “like a football player, head down,” is a troubled, bipolar Missouri woman with a criminal past who has a history of making racist remarks and once insinuated herself into another high-profile St. Louis criminal case with claims that police eventually dismissed as a “complete fabrication,” The Smoking Gun has learned.

In interviews with police, FBI agents, and federal and state prosecutors--as well as during two separate appearances before the grand jury that ultimately declined to indict Officer Darren Wilson--the purported eyewitness delivered a preposterous and perjurious account of the fatal encounter in Ferguson.

Instead, McElroy (seen at left) waited four weeks after the shooting to contact cops. By the time she gave St. Louis police a statement on September 11, a general outline of Wilson’s version of the shooting had already appeared in the press. McElroy’s account of the confrontation dovetailed with Wilson’s reported recollection of the incident.
McElroy’s tale was met with skepticism by the investigators, who reminded her that it was a crime to lie to federal agents. When questioned about inconsistencies in her story, McElroy was resolute about her vivid, blow-by-blow description of the deadly Brown-Wilson confrontation. “I know what I seen,” she said. “I know you don’t believe me.”

When asked what she was doing in Ferguson--which is about 30 miles north of her home--McElroy explained that she was planning to “pop in” on a former high school classmate she had not seen in 26 years. Saddled with an incorrect address and no cell phone, McElroy claimed that she pulled over to smoke a cigarette and seek directions from a black man standing under a tree. In short order, the violent confrontation between Brown and Wilson purportedly played out in front of McElroy.

Before testifying about the content of her notebook scribblings, McElroy admitted that she had not driven to Ferguson in search of an African-American pal she had last seen in 1988. Instead, McElroy offered a substitute explanation that was, remarkably, an even bigger lie.

McElroy, again under oath, explained to grand jurors that she was something of an amateur urban anthropologist. Every couple of weeks, McElroy testified, she likes to “go into all the African-American neighborhoods.” During these weekend sojourns--apparently conducted when her ex has the kids--McElroy said she will “go in and have coffee and I will strike up a conversation with an African-American and I will try to talk to them because I’m trying to understand more.
The opening entry in McElroy’s journal on the day Brown died declared, “Well Im gonna take my random drive to Florisant. Need to understand the Black race better so I stop calling Blacks Niggers and Start calling them People.” A commendable goal, indeed.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2014, 03:50 PM

Do you believe he would have KTFO a male cop his own size?
Absolutely. Even a man his own size could get KTFO from a sucker punch like that.

If the female cop had managed to get up or avoid the punch, do you believe should would be unjustified in drawing her side arm?
Not in the slightest.

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2014, 03:57 PM

Even though he was unarmed?
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2014, 04:04 PM

Dakar beat me to the punch about Witness #40 who's been the darling of and most quoted witness in right-wing media for weeks now. Especially Hannity. The one who supposedly "corroborated" Wilson's story. It's really worth looking at the Smoking Gun article for yourself in its entirety. As well as the articles I'm linking to here. STL County Prosecutor McCulloch put this woman in front of the grand jury. Then ask yourself if you can honestly think that the fix wasn't in to get Wilson off ....

Four days ago I wrote this report about "Witness #40"in the case against Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of unarmed teenager, Mike Brown. The most recent record dump by St. Louis prosecutor Bob McCulloch included all of her testimony for the first time and what we discovered upon studying the records is perhaps the most disturbing aspect of the entire case.

The Smoking Gun, however, has uncovered the identity of Witness #40 as St. Louis resident, Sandy McElroy in what I honestly think is the most important and thorough investigative piece written about this case in months.

Here is my report on her testimony and how Sandy McElroy is the most quoted witness from conservative media.

Here is the brilliant piece by The Smoking Gun on Sandy McElroy.

Here are 18 pages of source documents from The Smoking Gun on Sandy McElroy.

My conclusions are below.

Sandy McElroy was never near Canfield Drive on August 9th. She completely fabricated her entire story weeks after Darren Wilson killed Mike Brown.

During their interrogation of her, Sandy McElroy was completely shredded by the FBI as a racist, a liar, unstable, and more. They proved in their own interview, with evidence, that lied about ever being there, lied about how she left the scene, lied about key details of the case that she claimed she witnessed, and more.

Furthermore, Sandy McElroy, beyond being a convicted felon, had a record in St. Louis interfering with investigations and making preposterous claims about connections she had to cold cases. All of this was known.

You must understand, then, that Sandy McElroy, whose testimony matches that of Darren Wilson's better than any witness who testified, was only called to the grand jury, not once, but twice, and allowed to present concocted physical evidence at that, because she was a neutron bomb for this case. Not ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE proved that she was there could be found and scores of evidence that she made the entire thing up was presented weeks before she was ever allowed to testify before the grand jury, but it was all deliberately ignored.

Not only was it negligent to allow Sandy McElroy to testify, it was a deliberate attempt at poisoning the grand jury, who stated to her on record many times that they did not believe she was lying. Furthermore, her testimony has been used to champion the credibility of Darren Wilson time after time by conservative media who seem to not care at all about her character or credibility.

All by itself, I believe the inclusion of Sandy McElroy as a witness before the grand jury is grounds for a new grand jury. Her testimony did irreparable damage to the case - which was clearly her intent from the start.
How Sandy McElroy and Prosecutor Bob McCulloch colluded to destroy the case against Darren Wilson

Hannity's favorite witness for Darren Wilson is a self-admitted racist with severe memory loss

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Dec 16, 2014 at 04:16 PM. )

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2014, 04:06 PM

Even though he was unarmed?
Yes. Even though he was unarmed. Dude cold cocked her so that would be justified. Do I think she should pull out her gun and just start firing at the man indiscriminately and kill him in front of his little girl? Not at all. But drawing her firearm would have been the appropriate thing to do to regain control over the situation.

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2014, 04:21 PM

Yes. Even though he was unarmed. Dude cold cocked her so that would be justified. Do I think she should pull out her gun and just start firing at the man indiscriminately and kill him in front of his little girl? Not at all. But drawing her firearm would have been the appropriate thing to do to regain control over the situation.

OAW
As far as his little girl knew, he beat her to death.

BTW, did you read the quote from Chuck D interview with The Nation of Islam's "The Final Call"
I was refering to NWA being "gansta" PE is better described as "political rap" I should have made the distinction.
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 16, 2014, 04:35 PM

Besson, YOU have been blinded by the leftwing narrative and are ignoring the real problem.
Add liberals into that mix too, as they only see the world as stereotypes, and soap opera plots.
I rest my case.

I really, really, really, really hope that some day people like you realize that the problems in America are not which party is actually Dr. Evil, and that thinking in some simplistic ways is a massive distraction.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 16, 2014, 04:37 PM

Talking about the issues with blacks is racism, you can't even imply that at least some of it is their fault without being pegged a bigot, so where do we go from there? F*ck it, when all cops refuse to enter those urban areas, then I guess we'll see what happens.
It's not a matter of fault, but root cause.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2014, 05:34 PM

I rest my case.

I really, really, really, really hope that some day people like you realize that the problems in America are not which party is actually Dr. Evil, and that thinking in some simplistic ways is a massive distraction.
And I really, really, really, really hope that some day people will realize that:
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2014, 06:44 PM

BTW, did you read the quote from Chuck D interview with The Nation of Islam's "The Final Call"
I was refering to NWA being "gansta" PE is better described as "political rap" I should have made the distinction.
Understood. And I read the entire article ... not just the quote. I've been a huge PE fan since college. As for NWA all I will say is this. There's a reason why their iconic song "F*ck Da Police!" resonates with large numbers of black people across the socio-economic spectrum. From the dope boys in the hood ... to the working glass guy in a factory ... to the middle class guy in Corporate America ... to the wealthy business owner, professional athletes, or celebrity types. At its core it's an anti-police brutality track. And it describes the experiences that many black men from all walks of life have undergone with the police. Hence, the very existence of this thread.

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2014, 11:33 PM

45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Dec 17, 2014, 08:48 AM

I rest my case.

Being conservative IS NOT A POLITICAL PARTY, but a mindset. I'm sorry you STILL see the world through your liberal filter, relate by stereotypes and such. You clearly don't see the reality of things. You continue to assume that I see things in a simplistic way, when I'm stripping the BS narrative and unneeded off the situations. Perhaps its too many years as an Assembler Language application programmer.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 17, 2014, 11:54 AM

It's not a matter of fault, but root cause.
You mean cause(s), obviously.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 17, 2014, 12:24 PM

Principal: Martial law needed to deal with violence after death of boy, 15 - Chicago Tribune

Where's the national media coverage on this? Oh, you're saying it was only black-on-black violence? Well, there's no way to cash in on that, move on.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Dec 17, 2014, 12:24 PM

You mean cause(s), obviously.
Yes.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 17, 2014, 01:28 PM

Principal: Martial law needed to deal with violence after death of boy, 15 - Chicago Tribune

Where's the national media coverage on this? Oh, you're saying it was only black-on-black violence? Well, there's no way to cash in on that, move on.
Remember, the "Black on Black murder narrative" is nothing more than an attempt to deflect attention away from the real problem: Predatory racist cops whose sole purpose in life is to hunt down young Black men and women and kill them.
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 18, 2014, 10:08 AM

*Looks at thread title* "Police discrimination & misconduct"

Stop trying to make a thread about the police about blacks, guys. It does not speak well of you.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 18, 2014, 10:15 AM

Remember, the "Black on Black murder narrative" is nothing more than an attempt to deflect attention away from the real problem: Predatory racist cops whose sole purpose in life is to hunt down young Black men and women and kill them.
Because police's use excessive force could never veer towards whites and innocents. It's just dat thug life.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2014, 11:31 AM

*Looks at thread title* "Police discrimination & misconduct"

Stop trying to make a thread about the police about blacks, guys. It does not speak well of you.

It speaks well of people who are working to create even more tension in cities that don't need it? Because stirring the pot is such a noble effort, right?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2014, 11:33 AM

Because police's use excessive force could never veer towards whites and innocents. It's just dat thug life.
That dangerous and sociopathic way of life is what's causing much of this, you know.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 18, 2014, 11:34 AM

It speaks well of people who are working to create even more tension in cities that don't need it?
What does this even mean? Shining the spotlight on police misconduct raises tension in cities?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2014, 11:41 AM

What does this even mean? Shining the spotlight on police misconduct raises tension in cities?
There's a way of shining a light and bringing about change without arson, violence, and even more criminality.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 18, 2014, 11:43 AM

There's a way of shining a light and bringing about change without arson, violence, and even more criminality.
I think I've already agreed to this 5x in the thread.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2014, 12:00 PM

and I've agreed that the police have gone too far in many instances, but the media loves to whore it up on one side while ignoring the dozens of other black killings happening in this country every day. It's an impenetrable wall of silence that never goes beyond page 6 of the Metro section of the local paper, like it's every city's dirty little secret.

Why are some cops reacting the way they do? You can't see that type of stuff, day in and day out, without being affected, it's impossible. They aren't machines, and if young blacks have little respect for each other, it's difficult to have an overabundance for them. It's basic psychology. Sure, we can talk about the social reasons and economic factors in those communities, but murder and lawlessness is still murder and lawlessness. Cops can't change inner city living conditions and poverty, all they can do is clean up the mayhem after another bad drug deal, talk to 20 eyewitnesses who didn't see anything, and then try to make any sense of it all without going nuts.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Dec 18, 2014, 12:09 PM

Why are some cops reacting the way they do? You can't see that type of stuff, day in and day out, without being affected, it's impossible.
I already agreed with that, too.

But I still think their behavior can improve regardless of perception of the black community, and ignoring that, they could sure as hell police themselves way better. It's somewhat amusing that such a dim view of blacks covering for each other is taken when that behavior so perfectly emulates those who did it first – cops.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2014, 01:08 PM

Did they do it first? Don't make me turn this car around! Of course police behavior can improve, everyone's can, I'm just explaining how internal brutality in a community can, and does, affect external perception and reaction.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2014, 04:28 PM

and I've agreed that the police have gone too far in many instances, but the media loves to whore it up on one side while ignoring the dozens of other black killings happening in this country every day. It's an impenetrable wall of silence that never goes beyond page 6 of the Metro section of the local paper, like it's every city's dirty little secret.
Spoken like someone who clearly doesn't watch the local news in a major metropolitan area on a regular basis. Because if you did there's no way you would ever let something so demonstrably false come forth from you lips. Assuming you weren't simply being disingenuous that is.

As I've stated before, the vast majority of white people are utterly clueless about black people because for the most part they have little to no interaction with average, everyday African-Americans. That "external perception" of the "black community" you speak of is the direct result of such media depictions. Day in and day out the white owned and controlled local news media which operate under the motto of "If it bleeds, it leads." ... are constantly showcasing the criminal shenanigans of a small segment of the local black population ... which is often confined to a few select neighborhoods. Day in and day out white owned and controlled entertainment media corporations are constantly promoting "gangsta rap" to sell to white kids in the suburbs to make a CD go platinum .... and more often than not portraying black people as "pimps", "prostitutes", "thugs", and "criminals" in motion pictures. So is it any wonder why so many white people associate the "black COMMUNITY" with "violent crime"? And is it any wonder why so many black people are justifiably offended by their "COMMUNITY" being associated with "violent crime" that the overwhelming majority have no involvement with whatsoever?

Which is why it's so distressing that things like this even NEED to be written ...

... because that "external PERCEPTION" ... not REALITY ... is so deeply ingrained that those who need to read it most routinely ignore the truth in the message. And many of those that will at least acknowledge such truth when pressed will more often than not revert back to their "perception" as soon as they are no longer being slapped in the face with the "reality".

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2014, 06:10 PM

As I said, your local news isn't nationwide attention, so whatever.

Yay, fun with statistics! This is the same shit we've been fed for years now. "Less than 5 percent of African Americans are involved in violent crime as perpetrators or victims, derp." One, 4.7%, year-over-year is a lot of people. Two, what is the rate for black males, 10-24, living in urban areas?

Wanna hear something really distressing? Now, we know that the murder rate is >51 per 100k for black males in general but that includes males >45 and boys under 10, two groups that have relatively low homicide rates. Overall, AA males 10-24 account for >80% of black murders, and almost 50% of all murders in this country, yet account for less than 3% of the overall population. No, it's not fiction, so say whatever you want but this isn't talked about enough, it's almost outright war in urban black communities and the numbers plainly speak for themselves.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2014, 07:39 PM

As I said, your local news isn't nationwide attention, so whatever.
Actually ... "so whatever" is more applicable to you sitting here and pretending that national media isn't covering this as well. All those CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, etc. articles easily found on their websites about all the murders going down in South Chicago ... as just one example ... must be a figment of our imagination. This Google search on "black on black crime" that lists national media from across the political spectrum like Real Clear Politics, AOL, Slate, Huffington Post, The Nation Magazine, The Atlantic, National Review, The Washington Post, The Blaze, World Net Daily, Christian Science Monitor, The New York Post, etc. .... on just the first few search result pages alone ... must be some sort of mass hallucination for anyone who clicks the link.

Yay, fun with statistics! This is the same shit we've been fed for years now. "Less than 5 percent of African Americans are involved in violent crime as perpetrators or victims, derp." One, 4.7%, year-over-year is a lot of people. Two, what is the rate for black males, 10-24, living in urban areas?

Wanna hear something really distressing? Now, we know that the murder rate is >51 per 100k for black males in general but that includes males >45 and boys under 10, two groups that have relatively low homicide rates. Overall, AA males 10-24 account for >80% of black murders, and almost 50% of all murders in this country, yet account for less than 3% of the overall population. No, it's not fiction, so say whatever you want but this isn't talked about enough, it's almost outright war in urban black communities and the numbers plainly speak for themselves.

Fine. Let's talk about that since you want to go there. Per the US Census Bureau there are 5,083,765 black males age 10-24 in the US as of July 2013.

American FactFinder - Results

And per the FBI Crime Statistics there were 5,375 black murder offenders in 2013.

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 3

Now this is intentionally not an "apples to apples" comparison. I'm including every single murder committed by a black person in 2013. Regardless of gender, age, or the race of the victim. So I'm being generous to you because if I narrowed it down to just black males aged 10-24 with black victims that number would be even smaller. So let's say for the sake of discussion that it was only black males aged 10-24 that committed those 5,375 murders. Because again YOU wanted to focus on that particular demographic right?

This would mean that 0.00105729% of black males aged 10-24 committed a murder last year.

And if you find such figures confusing then another way of putting it is that if this particular demographic was a DOLLAR ... we are talking considerably less than a PENNY of them giving people dirt naps in 2013. That would have to go on for NEARLY 10 YEARS to even start talking about a PENNY. So does that really constitute "outright war in urban black communities" as a whole? Or simple "fun with statistics" on your part? In any event, my fundamental position here is that if you are going to make sweeping declarations about the "black COMMUNITY" then focusing on those statistics that are rooted in a % of MURDERERS .... as you are so inclined to do ... as opposed to a % of black PEOPLE is misleading at best and downright disingenuous at worst. But something tells me you will continue to allow such basic arithmetic to go in one ear and out the other.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Dec 19, 2014 at 07:52 PM. )

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 18, 2014, 08:04 PM

Actually ... "so whatever" is more applicable to you sitting here and pretending that national media isn't covering this as well. All those CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, etc. articles easily found on their websites about all the murders going down in South Chicago ... as just one example ... must be a figment of our imagination. This Google search on "black on black crime" that lists national media from across the political spectrum like Real Clear Politics, AOL, Slate, Huffington Post, The Nation Magazine, The Atlantic, National Review, The Washington Post, The Blaze, World Net Daily, Christian Science Monitor, The New York Post, etc. .... on just the first few search result pages alone ... must be some sort of mass hallucination for anyone who clicks the link.
So? Whatever. I can find all kinds of new holiday dessert recipes for this Christmas too, from every news outlet, but that doesn't mean fig pudding is part of the national conversation, does it?

Fine. Let's talk about that since you want to go there. Per the US Census Bureau there are 5,083,765 black males age 10-24 in the US as of July 2013.

American FactFinder - Results

And per the FBI Crime Statistics there were 5,375 black murder offenders in 2013.

FBI — Expanded Homicide Data Table 3

Now this is intentionally not an "apples to apples" comparison. I'm including every single murder committed by a black person in 2013. Regardless of gender, age, or the race of the victim. So I'm being generous to you because if I narrowed it down to just black males aged 10-24 with black victims that number would be even smaller. So let's say for the sake of discussion that it was only black males aged 10-24 that committed those 5,375 murders.

[size+1]The would mean that 0.00105729% of black males aged 10-24 committed a murder last year.[/size]

So yeah ... "fun with statistics". In any event, my fundamental position here is that if you are going to make sweeping declarations about the "black COMMUNITY" then focusing on those statistics that are rooted in a % of murderers .... as you are so inclined to do ... as opposed to a % of black people is misleading at best and downright disingenuous at worst. But something tells me you will let such basic arithmetic go in one ear and out the other.
Actually, that fits exactly with what I said, hand in glove. 1 in every 1000 black males will be murdered this year, or 100 /100k. That's worse than the worst country in the world, Honduras, which has a homicide rate of 90 /100k. If you're a black guy under the age of 25 you have a better chance of being shot and killed than winning $1000 from a $5 scratch-off (1 in 1400).

(BTW, whenever you post egotistical images like that, it's a clear sign that whatever you said is about to backfire. It's seriously uncanny.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules