Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Some Questions for Answers

Some Questions for Answers
picky7
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 13, 2004, 11:58 PM

This is my first time to visit this and going to ask some help. I am hoping that i will get help form here.

Q.1.I download two images from website on my desktop. I am trying to delete them. Whenever I drag them into trash bin. This message come up and I can not delete them " The item "ooooo.33.jpg" is being used by another task right now.( Other tasks including moving, copying, or emtying thr Trash.)
Try again when the other task is completed."

Q.2. I want to buy a Sony PC . Can I use my flat screen monitor with PC computer ?

Q.3. Is there any free program to make a backup of my DVD mvies.

Q.4. I also installed virtual PC on my Mac but I am unable to go online with this program and also unable to cut and paste inbetween Mac and PC.

Thanks for help.

RealMadrid
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 14, 2004, 03:59 AM

Q1: Type in the terminal (without quotes): "sudo rm -rf ". Then drag the file to the terminal window to see its path appear. Hit enter and the file will be deleted.

CAUTION: This deletes the file directly and does not put it into the trash so you won't be able to recover it.
Check out www.basasoft.com products:
CodeLine (Do Cocoa programming in BASIC)
BasaOne 2.0
AFDragHandler 1.1
BasaOne Web Classes

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Jul 14, 2004, 07:06 AM

Originally posted by picky7:
Q.2. I want to buy a Sony PC . Can I use my flat screen monitor with PC computer ?
If you talking about your apple display then the answer is yes and no. Apple has used in the past ADC a propiety interface. The latest batch if displays are now dvi so you can use those no problems. The older ones you will need a adv-dvi conveter.

Originally posted by picky7:
Q.4. I also installed virtual PC on my Mac but I am unable to go online with this program and also unable to cut and paste inbetween Mac and PC.
When you install VPC you have some device drivers/programs that come with Virtual PC. Installing them (in VPC) will allow you to cut and paste between the two environments.

You need to setup the sharing of the modem or modify the network settings to go online with both. I'm going from memory on this one, since VPC doesn't work with my G5.

Mike

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jul 14, 2004, 01:30 PM

None of those questions belong in the Power Mac forum.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules