Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Shape Shifter and Word Don't play nice....

Shape Shifter and Word Don't play nice....
DougG
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2003, 04:08 PM

Just incase anyone is having probelms with Word (and I figure office in general) after installing Shape Shifter, they don't play nice together, and it has to be put on the exclude list. If that is done, all works ok....

JellyBeen
Senior User
Nov 27, 2003, 05:33 PM

Word and Toast 6.0 give me problems too. I will try the exclude list, see what happens. Anyone else seeing these hurdles?
20"iMac intel 2.66 Duo: 4GB RAM : OS 10.6.6

rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 27, 2003, 05:39 PM

No problems with Word here. What kind of issues are you experiencing?

DougG  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2003, 05:43 PM

Word unexpectedly quits if you try and do some things. Haven't tried toast yet. The program is great though, I just wish I could experience it with QE...I've got a Sawtooth and I've had to revert to the old ATI card for 10.3 to work. Hopefully 10.3.2 will help....

DougG  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2003, 06:25 PM

Ok, got another...iTunes quits when you try to get info. If you exclude it, once again, no problems. Seems like there may be some issue with non-standard windows or something.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Nov 27, 2003, 06:39 PM

Still no apparent problems for me.
click one

rhythmicmoose
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 27, 2003, 07:14 PM

Okay, I'm definitely not having the iTunes problem.

I use Word very regularly, and my only crash since SS came out has been because of a font issue (a crash on startup, removing the font fixed it).

Lefo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 27, 2003, 09:06 PM

Had problems with Entourage and trying to select preferences. Window would start to draw and then Entourage would quit. Disabled SS and Entourage worked fine. Didn't test with other Office apps. I use Entourage all the time (24/7 it's on all the time), so if it wasn't working I didn't want to mess around with SS anymore.

Lefo

smeger
Mac Elite
Nov 28, 2003, 01:08 AM

ShapeShifter 1.0 has an issue in Carbon apps when using certain Jaguar themes while running Panther. That's what all of these bugs are. This is fixed for 1.0.1 which is getting very close to release.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

DougG  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 28, 2003, 01:27 AM

Ya, it would make sense that it is a Jaguar Theme/Panther issue, because I'm using BBX....It isn't a huge problem at all, and it is a great program. I just wasn't sure if others were having the same probelms.

Forum Links
Forum Rules