Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > WinXP for .dlta & Panther

WinXP for .dlta & Panther
Lefo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2003, 01:08 PM

Anyone up to the challenge of creating a .dlta ThemeChanger version of WinXP for Panther?

I can't, or I would.

TIA

Lefo

Powaqqatsi
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 01:14 PM

What ?

Lefo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2003, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by Powaqqatsi:
What ?
Like Max's Mac OS XP Theme at:

http://homepage.mac.com/max_08/theme...ar/macosxp.htm

I'm not interested in an SS version.

Lefo

phillryu
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 01:27 PM

Max's OS XP is already in .dlta...

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

Lefo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2003, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by phillryu:
Max's OS XP is already in .dlta...
I am hoping someone will do it for Panther and not in ShapeShifter format.

Lefo

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2003, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Lefo:
I am hoping someone will do it for Panther and not in ShapeShifter format.

Lefo
Begger's can't be choosers...

Lefo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2003, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by King Bob On The Cob:
Begger's can't be choosers...
Thanks, Bob. Lot's of help there.

Lefo

Hi I'm Mike
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2003, 02:16 PM

I love seeing people like this coming out of the framework. No I won't use the light bulb because I can light my own candle. No no electricity wont work, it's too dangerous..so many problems with it. I will just stick with living in the dark age. Airplanes? Hell no, that is so unsafe, I am going to drive my car across country and do it the hard way instead of using something that is much easier and faster. Who cares if it is more. Now I know why things arnt invented much and the world isnt flying into the future as fast as some like. Because there will always be those that wont follow the norm. In this case it isnt a good thing. You are only hurting yourself. The top two main reasons why guiKIT is much better is they work in panther and the decrease the size of the file by 3-4megs. The main reason it sucks is because I now would have to pay for it to use themes, and as a thememaker that makes me mad. I will just have to find a way not to pay for it. Because I am poor. So this post really didnt make any sense, but that is ok cause im for and against SS but I am not going to go the route of some people and totally abolish it. I accept it and will make all my themes in the SS format, I just wont be able to use them cause I will not pay for SS.

Lefo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 29, 2003, 02:22 PM

Originally posted by Hi I'm Mike:
I love seeing people like this coming out of the framework. No I won't use the light bulb because I can light my own candle. No no electricity wont work, it's too dangerous..so many problems with it. I will just stick with living in the dark age. Airplanes? Hell no, that is so unsafe, I am going to drive my car across country and do it the hard way instead of using something that is much easier and faster. Who cares if it is more. Now I know why things arnt invented much and the world isnt flying into the future as fast as some like. Because there will always be those that wont follow the norm. In this case it isnt a good thing. You are only hurting yourself. The top two main reasons why guiKIT is much better is they work in panther and the decrease the size of the file by 3-4megs. The main reason it sucks is because I now would have to pay for it to use themes, and as a thememaker that makes me mad. I will just have to find a way not to pay for it. Because I am poor. So this post really didnt make any sense, but that is ok cause im for and against SS but I am not going to go the route of some people and totally abolish it. I accept it and will make all my themes in the SS format, I just wont be able to use them cause I will not pay for SS.
Man, what's wrong with you people? This was a simple question. Screw it.

Admin: Please remove this thread. The dweebs are at the gates, and they brandish torches and pitchforks in their arrogance and ignorance.

Lefo Out

bOOzo
Addicted to Themes
Nov 29, 2003, 02:38 PM

Mac OS XP will be updated to work with Panther, but it will be a guiKit. If you want a dlta, you will have to make one yourself using the demos of shapeshifter and themepark.

i am yujin
Forum Regular
Dec 3, 2003, 10:15 PM

One of the new features of SS 1.0.1 include

Added compatibility for "dlta" themes created for OS X versions earlier than 10.2.

Does that mean this will work now?

phillryu
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2003, 10:54 PM

Max's Win XP theme always worked, even in SS, though the widgets are resized... and it has always worked fine with ThemeChanger. I really don't know what this guy was bitching about.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Dec 3, 2003, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by phillryu:
Max's Win XP theme always worked, even in SS, though the widgets are resized... and it has always worked fine with ThemeChanger. I really don't know what this guy was bitching about.

uuhhh... he didn't want to use it with SS. He wanted to use it with themechanger and you can't use a Jaguar theme with Panther with Themechanger. ..... right? Although you've got to have something a little off upstairs if you want to make a Mac look like a M$ computer!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

phillryu
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2003, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by mrtew:
uuhhh... he didn't want to use it with SS. He wanted to use it with themechanger and you can't use a Jaguar theme with Panther with Themechanger. ..... right? Although you've got to have something a little off upstairs if you want to make a Mac look like a M$ computer!
I tip my hat off to you, I completely forgot that scenario. Excuse me.

phillryu
Mac Elite
Dec 3, 2003, 11:35 PM

However, correct me if I'm wrong... but perhaps he could open the theme in SS and apply to convert it, then use the resulting .dlta in ThemeChanger? Of course the widgets would be small, but it should work.

quandarry
Dec 4, 2003, 05:37 PM

( Last edited by quandarry; Dec 10, 2003 at 08:50 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules