Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > website not loading

website not loading
wkw88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 10, 2006, 03:39 PM

Hi guys, I am having trouble getting Welcome to NASIOC.com - North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club - News to load up on either of my macs. They don't load when I switch over and boot from windows xp either. I know the site is up and running. I was able to use it from my sister's gateway pc and it loads for other people I know as well.
I have a core duo 2ghz macbook pro 15" with 1gb ram running 10.4.8 and a core duo 2ghz 20" iMac with 2gb ram and running 10.4.8. I have windows xp pro sp2 with all the latest updates on both machines as well (bootcamp). I have tried with safari 2.0.4 and firefox version 2 on both machines in os x and IE 7 and firefox while in xp on both machines. I need to use this site so I can stay in touch with my online subaru community. all other websites seem to work fine. any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Dec 10, 2006, 05:12 PM

That is odd. Bootcamp isn't even using your Mac OS. It loads fine on my Mac...

wkw88  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 10, 2006, 05:56 PM

yeah its definitely strange. I am at my friend's house on his wireless with my mbp and its working fine. I unplugged my modem and airport extreme base station before I left the house so maybe it will work when I get back

wkw88  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 10, 2006, 07:43 PM

well I connected directly to my cable modem with my mbp and the site loads. something is going on with my AE base station. I went back to wireless after I tried a hard reset back to factory settings and it still won't load the page. This is HIGHLY annoying. I need that site because I am trying to sell a $5000 subaru 6 speed transmission. Not sure what to do about it. I might switch to DSL. Its about half the price of cable and it includes a wireless modem

wkw88  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 10, 2006, 08:17 PM

I am now using my little aiport express unit and the page loads fine. how weird is that? The airport extreme picks the one website I need the most out of the whole internet and doesn't allow it to load. oh well, I guess I will just use the express and get on with life

Forum Links
Forum Rules