Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Bluetooth Cell Phones

Bluetooth Cell Phones
ngnear
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 20, 2006, 10:30 AM

Hi there Deliciadoes,

there is a free software available here http://www.sebastian-krauss.de/software/Harald.zip which is to enable control of iTunes via a bluetooth cell phone ( a la Salling Clicker).
One interesting feature (allbeit beta stage) is the use of a phone's in-built camera to scan in a barcode and start that particular album in iTunes.
You may want to contact the author and exchange thoughts?
It would be really cool to scan in remotely but I cannot justify a dedicated bluetooth scanner (wife and 3 kids to support !), this may be a more economical alternative.

Keep up the good work

Tim

weldon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2006, 09:54 AM

Support for bluetooth phones with cameras would be awesome. My camcorder will time out unless I'm recording to tape, and I don't have a built-in iSight (yet). But I do have a cell phone with a VGA camera.

Forum Links
Forum Rules