Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Radioshark problems

Radioshark problems
peterthorn
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2004, 04:34 PM

I recieved my radioshark last week, and are having serious problems with the schedule recording function - most of the times it doesn't record, and I have yet to have it succesfully record scheduled when setting up the recording time, set the computer to sleep and make it wake up a couple of minutes before - hasn't worked so far.
Anyone else having the same problems or somebody having 100% succesrate?

Peter

p.s. otherwise I am very happy with it - good reception, the timeshift function works fine, easy to setup.

madgreek
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 5, 2004, 11:01 AM

I too had a problem scheduling a recording only to find out it wouldn't record. Since I hadn't restarted my computer after installing the program I restarted the computer and it worked as advertised. It seems a background application needed to be started and the only way is to restart the computer after installing the program for the first time.

This may or may not be your problem, but it's worth a try.

Also, do you have the latest version 1.0.3 of the software?

peterthorn  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 5, 2004, 03:45 PM

It was restarted and the radioshark server was running in the background.
But after the latest update, the problem hasn't occured yet, so there's hope :-)

Peter

brettcamp
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2004, 04:55 AM

I was having similar problems until I downloaded the latest version of the software. So far so good since then.

Forum Links
Forum Rules