Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Question on using RDC and Dreamweaver (Win-version)?

Question on using RDC and Dreamweaver (Win-version)?
sbc
Forum Regular
May 22, 2004, 11:32 PM

Would one defeat some of the speed issues of Mac version of DW by using the Windows version and accessing it through a remote desktop client on a Powerbook? Or would the speed changes be negligible?
Am I ready for the Mac? I want a 60G iPod!!!!!

osxisfun
May 23, 2004, 12:07 AM

probably not. i run RDC to use win browsers, i am on a dual 2 gig and the pc is a fast-ish pc i built and although its not slow, the are slight redraw drags that would defeat the purpose i think.

you should think about writing the code by hand in a good text editor...i have come to the conclusion that bloated apps are reaching their end and some people are finding they did not need everything they had anyway.

ymmv

Forum Links
Forum Rules