Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes Navigation

iTunes Navigation
Abbas
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 30, 2005, 04:11 PM

I have an ibook and was wondering if I can use any keys to navigate iTunes when the application is not in focus? In Windows, they usually provide skip keys but I'm not sure how I could do this on an ibook. with iTunes active, I can use the apple and forward, back cursor keys but lots of times iTunes is playing in the back and I'm surfing the web or checking mail or writing a document etc. How can I skip/pause songs when in this mode?

-Abbas

Mithras
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2005, 04:34 PM

May I suggest You Control: iTunes, a lovely little piece of freeware. You can configure it to put iTunes widgets in your menubar.

Or, other people will tell you to use Quickeys (costs) or Quicksilver (free). I haven't used either so can't speak to them.

Abbas  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 31, 2005, 03:34 AM

Thanks Mithras-

I shall check this out.

-Abbas

Forum Links
Forum Rules