Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Need help with my Keynote-problem

Need help with my Keynote-problem
testah
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 16, 2005, 02:33 PM

Greetings dear macnn-community :)

I'm working on a very big presentation at the moment and i can't overcome one obstacle. I'm sure one or more of you guys can help me with this.

Setting:
I got about 30 pictures on one page and i want them to appear scaled one after another. I managed everything - the presentation is working this way but i have to click my mousebutton for EVERY graphic to appear. The opposite is to group all of them - all would appear at one time then...

What do I have to do to click ONCE and then, all are appearing one after another automatically?

I bet it's simple, but i don't know how...

Many thanks for reading and even more for helping :)

Testah

(sorry for my bad english :( )

testah  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2005, 07:52 AM

push. the button. push push. the button. button.

Testah

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2005, 10:44 AM

maybe keynote 2 will have something for this, but keynote 1 you are going to have to click to each one to appear.

keynote 2 can do this. there is a drawer on the inspector and you add actions into that and then on each one you can choose if it should show up manually or automatically (at the same time as the previous, or after)
( Last edited by mdc; Jan 21, 2005 at 06:23 PM. )

walrusjb
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 22, 2005, 08:59 AM

With Keynote 1 you're stuck with the button - automated builds is one of the more useful updates in Keynote 2 + it's a piece of cake to get something like this set up.
http://www.KeynotePro.com - Keynote Themes for Professionals

Buck_W
Senior User
Jan 24, 2005, 09:33 AM

Originally posted by walrusjb:
With Keynote 1 you're stuck with the button - automated builds is one of the more useful updates in Keynote 2 + it's a piece of cake to get something like this set up.
I'm thrilled to hear this. I was hoping for automated builds in Keynote 2. That should also help with exported flash presentations
17" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 320G HD | 8 GB RAM | 10.10.3

testah  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 24, 2005, 09:54 AM

damn.. thats not the answer i hoped for..

just dunno how to solve this in an elegant way in my presentation _ TOMORROW _

waaaahhh

but thx so far

Amorya
Mac Elite
Jan 24, 2005, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by testah:
damn.. thats not the answer i hoped for..

just dunno how to solve this in an elegant way in my presentation _ TOMORROW _

waaaahhh

but thx so far
One suggestion - export that slide as a quicktime file (and it will auto advance). Then re-import it into Keynote and place it on the slide and turn on autoplay.

Amorya
What the nerd community most often fail to realize is that all features aren't equal. A well implemented and well integrated feature in a convenient interface is worth way more than the same feature implemented crappy, or accessed through a annoying interface.

testah  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 29, 2005, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by Amorya:
One suggestion - export that slide as a quicktime file (and it will auto advance). Then re-import it into Keynote and place it on the slide and turn on autoplay.

Amorya
I've gotta thank you. That's the idea i needed. Perfect workaround for that. thanks a lot for this idea - worked great for me and my presentation.

applause,
testah

threestain
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2005, 02:15 PM

Does anyone know why it says that I cannot play Burn or Flash transistions on my TiBook - surely it should be able to handle such things?

Krusty
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2005, 08:16 PM

Originally posted by threestain:
Does anyone know why it says that I cannot play Burn or Flash transistions on my TiBook - surely it should be able to handle such things?
Good question. I have the same thing listed on my eMac. Perhaps those effects require Core Graphics capable machines ??

Oh, and good workaround Amorya .

I never had Keynote 1 but I now have Keynote 2 -- the automatic queuing is one of the coolest features about it. Just tinkering I got some funny text to slowly "wipe" on to a slide beneath a video running above ... at the precise moment (about 6 seconds into the video clip) that it was funniest I bought iWork for Pages but I'm HIGHLY impressed with Keynote. I can already see several useful things it can be used for beyond mere presentations.

walrusjb
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 30, 2005, 10:44 AM

Re: Burn & Flash - they're actually pretty simple effects, but require something in particular (that i can't remember) to be available on the vid card. There's a FAQ on Apple's Support site that runs through the vid cards on recent machines and which ones will support these transitions.

You're not missing much, though - trust me They're cool on first pass but seem to wear out quickly once the initial wow factor has subsided.
http://www.KeynotePro.com - Keynote Themes for Professionals

Krusty
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2005, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by walrusjb:

You're not missing much, though - trust me They're cool on first pass but seem to wear out quickly once the initial wow factor has subsided.
Hmmmmm ... not saying I don't believe you, but if you have a sec and would run those effects and then export to a QT movie, I'd love to at least see what we're missing

On another note, the ability to export to "QT interactive" is a beautiful thing. I was able to export a self-guided QT movie using my favorite codec (3ivx) and turn a beheamoth 27mb, 1024 x 768 Keynote file into a 812kb 512 x 384 QT that looked nearly as good.

kcmac
Mac Elite
Jan 30, 2005, 07:47 PM

Here ya go Krusty.

http://mike.cosentino.name/forums/burnflash.mov

Burn is cool. Flash....not for me.

Krusty
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2005, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by kcmac:
Here ya go Krusty.
Awesome ... thanks !!!