Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Jon and Kate +8

Jon and Kate +8 (Page 2)
sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 4, 2009, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hg2491 View Post
Dude, you don't even know them! How can you assume they are like this in real life?
That's what happens when you present yourself in a certain way anonymously to a group on the internet. Which is why I usually try to mask my retardation with semi-coherent history of posting.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2009, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by lyanma View Post
Are you sure she is a woman?
We've been over this many times, hun. I have breasts and a vagina, just like you. I'm a woman...it's just that I have more than twelve brain cells, so people on the Internet frequently mistake me for a male.

Did I use enough smilies?

Dude, you don't even know them! How can you assume they are like this in real life?
Dude, it's called experience. People tend to behave similarly online as they do in real life. Females who write like fourteen-year-olds online are either still in junior high or high school, or never grew out of it and are brainless ditzes as adults, who are incapable of carrying on a conversation with any real substance.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I don't think anyone has a problem with you, at least you capitalize and use punctuation
I know, it's just that it gets on my nervers when new users are bullied.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2009, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Yes, you're right.

I'm sorry on behalf of the men at 'NN.

So, can you help to make them go away ?

-t
Hah - I would, but I tend to be a real bitch when women of this caliber invade my turf. I'd rather not get any infractions on my account.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2009, 07:33 PM

Not all new users are bullied.

And some are bullied for a good reason.

-t

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 07:35 PM

I bet there are plenty of Tw1light forums out there. Just use those.

-t
LOL on the Tw1light.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 4, 2009, 07:35 PM

Well when new users inundate a sub-forum used primarily by long-time members and start dishing out a bunch of smilies and sentence fragments it tends to have "recipe for disaster" written all over it.

Most new users start out here because they have a problem with their Mac and end up eventually gravitating into the lounge area...not really because the recent vampire/chick-flick movie needs defending.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2009, 07:36 PM

They seem to be giving as good as they are getting.

I just wish they could have invaded the PW Lounge.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 4, 2009, 07:36 PM

Not all new users are bullied.

And some are bullied for a good reason.

-t
...and join the ranks of PowerBookDude, MacGeek, etc...

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2009, 07:37 PM

LOL on the Tw1light.
Well, if you had used 1337 speak, those girls would have never showed up

-t

abeato6
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2009, 07:38 PM

uu. can't wait until the new girls read all of this
MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT 128MB
WD My Book Premium Edition 500GB
iPod 5G 30GB
80GB PS3

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 07:40 PM

-t
1337 speak?

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by abeato6 View Post
We have vandalized Carla V.'s thread.. We better watch out.

abeato6
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2009, 07:44 PM

1337 speak?
leet speak. google it, it's using numbers and symbols instead of letters. Like instead of 'E', you use '3'. A 7 is a 'T'. etc etc
MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT 128MB
iPod 5G 30GB
80GB PS3

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2009, 07:44 PM

1337 speak?
Google is your friend.

lyanma
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2009, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
We've been over this many times, hun. I have breasts and a vagina, just like you. I'm a woman...it's just that I have more than twelve brain cells, so people on the Internet frequently mistake me for a male.

Did I use enough smilies?
So, What you are trying to say is that boys are intelligent and girls are not even close to be intelligent, huh?
Well, what a sad little world you live in
So sorry that your wish of becoming a man to be more intelligent can't be accomplish, seems like you are stuck with your breasts and your vagina. And really just because you are posting as if you were a man and defending them is not going to get you closer to that wish of yours. So sad.

Oh! And... really hun? Do you have to ask me if you used enough smilies? That is just pathetic.
Get out of that bubble where girls are all about teddy bears and lipgloss, cooking and getting a husband.

We are kinda in the 21 century already.

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 07:45 PM

Got it, thanks.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2009, 07:48 PM

No, you're not. You're in High School.

-t

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 4, 2009, 07:48 PM

So, What you are trying to say is that boys are intelligent and girls are not even close to be intelligent, huh?
So sorry that your wish of becoming a man to be more intelligent can't be accomplish, seems like you are stuck with your breasts and your vagina. And really just because you are posting as if you were a man and defending them is not going to get you closer to that wish of yours. So sad.

Oh! And... really hun? Do you have to ask me if you used enough smilies? That is just pathetic.
Get out of that bubble where girls are all about teddy bears and lipgloss, cooking and getting a husband.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 4, 2009, 07:53 PM

I'm guessing we are getting a lot of Malaysian traffic right now.

lyanma
Dedicated MacNNer

No, you're not. You're in High School.

-t
You seem to be mistaken.....you see High School is not the higher education you can get. I'm actually in this educational institute called UNIVERSITY.
You can google it, too bad you haven't heard of it (:

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN

What the...

So I want to be a man because I'm capable of intelligent discussion, complete with proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and a lack of smilies every five or six words?

Wow.

No, it's just that girls like you make women in general look like ditzy retards who care about nothing other than who's hot in Hollywood. Not only that, but your complete inability to understand sarcasm is...not going to work on MacNN. And please don't come back with the same tired reply of "only stupid people use sarcasm because they can't think of anything better to say". If you can't handle the Lounge, don't post in the Lounge.

You and your buddies are the ones who came to NN specifically to talk about a stupid movie that 90% of the regular members here couldn't give two sh!ts about. Why don't you try stepping back and getting a feel for who we are and the general community here before you start posting inane crap that nobody cares to read. It will provide a much warmer welcome than you have thus far received.

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 07:57 PM

Ok ok.. Now everyone take a breath. Everything is ok. They are new users that need coaching, simple as that. Instead of answering with sarcasm and inteligent remarks, why just not show them how we guys are here? We can all coexist

Edit: I think I was too late.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2009, 08:05 PM

You seem to be mistaken.....you see High School is not the higher education you can get. I'm actually in this educational institute called UNIVERSITY.
You can google it, too bad you haven't heard of it (:
Rrrriiiiiiggghhhttt.

-t

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 4, 2009, 08:11 PM

I notice a clear lack of Dakar and his special brand of crude humor and sarcasm in these threads...

Perhaps he's got a thing for this recent influx of babes!

lyanma
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2009, 08:12 PM

What the...

So I want to be a man because I'm capable of intelligent discussion, complete with proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and a lack of smilies every five or six words?

Wow.

No, it's just that girls like you make women in general look like ditzy retards who care about nothing other than who's hot in Hollywood. Not only that, but your complete inability to understand sarcasm is...not going to work on MacNN. And please don't come back with the same tired reply of "only stupid people use sarcasm because they can't think of anything better to say". If you can't handle the Lounge, don't post in the Lounge.

You and your buddies are the ones who came to NN specifically to talk about a stupid movie that 90% of the regular members here couldn't give two sh!ts about. Why don't you try stepping back and getting a feel for who we are and the general community here before you start posting inane crap that nobody cares to read. It will provide a much warmer welcome than you have thus far received.
All I'm actually complaing about here is that you guys keep calling us 'you women' (including you, and that's weird)
How do you know I'm that kind of girl that only chats about what is going on in hollywood, goossips, cosmopolitan **** You haven't had the chance to know us well either.
And I completely respect your opinion on twilight, not everyone has to like it.

So I say, at least I will try to understand this forum, so you guys will stop the judging. (:

Carla V.  (op)
Jan 4, 2009, 08:14 PM

I'm guessing the topic was completely re-directed... Now shifuimam, do you think I should rename my thread to "Tough talk about higher education" or you think it's fine as it started and we can get back on track?

Carla V.  (op)
Jan 4, 2009, 08:16 PM

Ok ok.. Now everyone take a breath. Everything is ok. They are new users that need coaching, simple as that. Instead of answering with sarcasm and inteligent remarks, why just not show them how we guys are here? We can all coexist
Edit: I think I was too late.
I doubt you can include yourself among experienced users, but thank you for the calm brought to this worthless fight

Carla V.  (op)
Jan 4, 2009, 08:20 PM

Really exciting to read... NEW boy...

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Carla V. View Post
I doubt you can include yourself among experienced users, but thank you for the calm brought to this worthless fight
I am not saying I am an experinced user, but I have been around for a while.

ag0891
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 4, 2009, 08:58 PM

You really shouldn't judge people you don't know.

abeato6
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2009, 09:03 PM

Really exciting to read... NEW boy...
well Carla V., you should know that I've been here for a while, I might not be an experienced user like Hg2491 *Edit: said* but we sure know our way around.

Anyway guys, lyanma, shifuimam, and others, please, we all look like 10 year olds arguing this way. Let's be civilized and respect each other.

Golden Rule
iPod 5G 30GB
80GB PS3

lyanma
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2009, 09:09 PM

well Carla V., you should know that I've been here for a while, I might not be an experienced user like Hg2491 *Edit: said* but we sure know our way around.

Anyway guys, lyanma, shifuimam, and others, please, we all look like 10 year olds arguing this way. Let's be civilized and respect each other.

Golden Rule
I'm not arguing anymore Abeato6 (:
I already said, I'm going to try understand the community here.

abeato6
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2009, 09:14 PM

I'm not arguing anymore Abeato6 (:
I already said, I'm going to try understand the community here.
awesome
iPod 5G 30GB
80GB PS3

Carla V.  (op)
Jan 4, 2009, 09:20 PM

Golden Rule
Of course master, my apologies
It was an inocent joke, no pun intended.

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 09:24 PM

Someone learned her vocab

abeato6
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2009, 09:24 PM

no offense taken
cheers.
iPod 5G 30GB
80GB PS3

Carla V.  (op)
Jan 4, 2009, 09:34 PM

Someone learned her vocab
As far as I recall you were not part of that discussion, but just so I don't come off as rude, I do know my vocab, ok?
Now where's the action here? nobody replies anything interesting since like a page ago...

Carla V.  (op)
Jan 4, 2009, 09:39 PM

-t
Sorry T, am I bothering you with my presence? I could as well find a forum where members enjoy having more people around instead of treating them like walking worthlessness.
( Last edited by Carla V.; Jan 4, 2009 at 09:46 PM. )

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 09:39 PM

As far as I recall you were not part of that discussion, but just so I don't come off as rude, I do know my vocab, ok?
Now where's the action here? nobody replies anything interesting since like a page ago...
I never said you didn't

I can't imagine how someone with 8 kids can manage to have a life. I mean, they are under 5 years old. I remember when my brother had 4 -- Satan in diapers. Now, imagine 8 little devils running around, falling, crying, asking to be fed................. .

abeato6
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2009, 09:42 PM

Well, don't go too far. My uncle has 4 kids, two boys, two girls. 8,6,5,3 in age respectively. How about that?
iPod 5G 30GB
80GB PS3

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2009, 09:44 PM

WTF is going on here ? All those new members, starting out in the Lounge ?

Mabelusk
lyanma
karolie

-t
It's the attack of the Twilighters.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2009, 09:44 PM

I shudder at the thought of how many babies are being born this very moment.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 09:45 PM

Well, don't go too far. My uncle has 4 kids, two boys, two girls. 8,6,5,3 in age respectively. How about that?
Nannies?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
This is the type of woman we are used to here at the NN forums.
Yeah, Shif is hot.

I loves mean women.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2009, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Yeah, Shif is hot.
Damn right I am.

I loves mean women.
Ahaha...I'm not mean; I'm just honest. It's easy to get the two confused.

abeato6
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2009, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
I loves mean women.
+1 dude, mean and bitchy is the way to go xD
iPod 5G 30GB
80GB PS3

Hg2491
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2009, 09:54 PM

Besides Shifuimam, are there other old-timer female members?

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2009, 09:56 PM

Yes, and none of them come off as ditzy idiots. Kerivit's been around for awhile...I think she's in her 30s or 40s, and I've never seen her act like a tool. There are a few others whose nicks escape me at the moment.

This is the first time I've seen this particular breed of female crop up here since I came to MacNN in August '06.

abeato6
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2009, 09:58 PM

Sorry if it is too personal, but how old are you Shif?
iPod 5G 30GB
80GB PS3

Forum Links
Forum Rules