Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Ordered PS3 80GB + CoD:WaW

Ordered PS3 80GB + CoD:WaW
abeato6
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2009, 09:22 PM

As stated in the topic, I just ordered from Amazon an 80GB PS3 with Call of Duty: World at War. It was rather hard for me to choose which game to buy, I was thinking about GTA4, Fallout3, LittleBigPlanet and finally CoD:WaW. I decided to buy CoD because I like shooters and well, I read that there is two-player local co-op gaming. My question is: is it the only kind of local multiplayer game type in CoD?. No deathmatch 4 player splitscreen gaming present?
MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT 128MB
WD My Book Premium Edition 500GB
iPod 5G 30GB
80GB PS3

cbrfanatic
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2009, 04:04 PM

im not sure since i havnt played that one, but Resistance 2 have 4 player split screen. if you like shooters a lot, especially realistic ones, try out the SOCOM, its in the playstation store as a download once you get your machine. i got the 160gb model for xmas along with Metal Gear 4, Little Big Planet, and Uncharted. i downloaded pain, and SOCOM, and out of them all i play MG4 and SOCOM the most, although they ALL are awsome games. put your PSN tag in the thread once you get it and friend me.
MPB 2.8GHz, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD
2TB Raid 1 setup, Wacom 12x19, 24" ACD, Bose SS
FCS 2, Shake, Adobe CS4, Lightroom > Aperture

abeato6  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 5, 2009, 04:16 PM

Oh I was thinking about buying LittleBigPlanet, how is it?. I think my second game will be GTAIV though. Let's see anyway.

Well, I really like shooters. Since I'm new to the PS3 world I don't know much. This SOCOM game, is it free?

P.S.: It'll be delivered this friday probably, as soon as I create my user, I'll PM you THanks!
MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT 128MB
iPod 5G 30GB
80GB PS3

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jan 5, 2009, 04:24 PM

LittleBigPlanet Machinima

I got a kick out of this one. They do some interesting stuff with this game each day it seems.

abeato6  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 5, 2009, 09:39 PM

it is said the it is actually the best game of the moment for the ps3. I'm looking forward to buying it
iPod 5G 30GB
80GB PS3

cbrfanatic
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2009, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by abeato6 View Post
Oh I was thinking about buying LittleBigPlanet, how is it?. I think my second game will be GTAIV though. Let's see anyway.

Well, I really like shooters. Since I'm new to the PS3 world I don't know much. This SOCOM game, is it free?

P.S.: It'll be delivered this friday probably, as soon as I create my user, I'll PM you THanks!
the SOCOM is a $30 download instead of $50-$60 in the store.

Originally Posted by abeato6 View Post
it is said the it is actually the best game of the moment for the ps3. I'm looking forward to buying it
LBP is a great game, but BEST is different for everyone, although LBP is out of this world, i am in love with MGS4, already beat and now i am trying to find all the secrets and beat all the challenges etc, like beating the game in less than 5 hours without a single alert and not killing a single person.... lol
Big Boss badge hear i come

i mighta deleted your pm by mistake so send a FR to Jnolcox
MPB 2.8GHz, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD
2TB Raid 1 setup, Wacom 12x19, 24" ACD, Bose SS
FCS 2, Shake, Adobe CS4, Lightroom > Aperture

Forum Links
Forum Rules