Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Frozen iTunes

Frozen iTunes
DrakeCaiman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 19, 2001, 10:20 AM

I have a problem with my Sony drive. I have a CRX120E (which I believe has a CRX100E/X2 mechanism). Whenever I open iTunes 1.1 and go to the Advanced Preferences panel, it reports that it is looking for the drive. This is when the drive is on. If I turn the drive off, it immediately locates it. This also happens when I try to burn a CD. If the drive is on, iTunes will freeze up upon pressing the Burn button, but if I turn it off, it will display the message "Insert a blank CD" although a CD is already present in the now off drive. Has anybody else encountered this problem? If so can it be fix. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have Disc Burner 1.0.1 installed, if the helps, but I'm having problems with that too (See Disc Burner Woes)

Macfreak7
Mac Elite
Mar 19, 2001, 10:30 AM

for one, try deleting iTunes preferences and then try again.
this has helped when i face a frozen itunes window.

DrakeCaiman  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2001, 01:35 PM

Thanks but it doesn't seem to help, unless I have to do it from the admin folder of a Multiple User computer. I'll do that now. Anyway, I thought the problem might be with the USB connection, but I think it's aanyone's guess now. Any more suggestions?

Forum Links
Forum Rules