Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Apple Mail Custom Script?

Apple Mail Custom Script?
schalliol
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2020, 06:22 PM

Hi everyone!

My employer inserts "****Warning: External Message.****" at the top of my emails that originate from outside our mail server. They also add [EXT] in the subject line.

I don't really want to undo what they've done in the inbound unless it's only after I see the message and then push a button to rid this content from the email, but I definitely want to eliminate this on the outbound.

A script that runs the text and replaces that text with "" shouldn't be that hard to write I imagine, but I'm not sure what we can do within Apple Mail for this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
iMac Late '15 5K 27" 4.0 Quad i7 24/512GB SSD OWC ThunderDock 2 Blu-Ray ±RW MBP '14 Retina 15" 2.6 16/1TB iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black iPad Pro 128 + Cellular

FOR SALE: MP '06 Yosemite 8x3.0 24/240GB SSD RAID 0, 240GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD RAID 0, 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray±RW, Radeon HD 5770

Forum Links
Forum Rules