Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Can I convert MP3

Can I convert MP3
tonis
May 15, 2000, 02:56 PM

Does anyone know a program for 68K Mac that converts mp3 to aiff or anything else. I have tried SoundApp but it's way to slow. It took me 1 hour to convert only 600kb. (mp3 to aiff). I hope that anybody can answer me.

MacOS761
Senior User
May 15, 2000, 03:43 PM

Good question - we should have addresseed this in the minimum req. for mp3 thread. The answer is yes, this is possible, although if you have read that thread there is no way to actually play the source mp3's on your 68k machine. The program is SoundApp. In the file menu you select Convert to QuickTime... and then select your file in the dialog. Then the program will convert for a LONG time, but it gets the job done. After that you can convert the QT file to other formats if you wish, using the same program. I expect you can find it easily on the internet - it's freeware.
<a href="http://www.macronyms.com" target="_blank"> </a>
kelsevinal: i am impervious to your "nerd" attacks

Forum Links
Forum Rules