Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Apple marketing oxyMORONS

Apple marketing oxyMORONS
Kadman
Mar 9, 2006, 01:47 PM

So, I get an email from Apple today stating the "big news" that the MacBook Pro is now shipping! Given that we know some of the pre-orders were already shipping, I'm assuming this meant that they were now available to ship if you went to the site and ordered today. So I check the site and it shows a green "Now Shipping" logo over the image of the MacBook Pro. So what's written right below it? "Ships 2-3 weeks". So what was the point of this contradiction? Is the 2-3 week estimate old and they are now shipping, or is there still a backlog of orders?

I must be getting dumb in my old age, because their marketing gerbils tricked me into hitting their site again to drool over the MacBook images.

riotge@r
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2006, 01:51 PM

To be fair, it doesn't sound like a marketing problem per se. Sounds like the right hand isn't talking to the left.

zubro
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 9, 2006, 06:23 PM

Yep, I had the same a few days ago, was in the Junk, where it belonged ;o)

Forum Links
Forum Rules