Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > SS Studio Pro

SS Studio Pro (Page 11)
catsank
Aug 18, 2003, 07:41 PM

What ever 'theme' we use - underneath we're all the same - respect and in-gratitude -thanks Swiz.

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Aug 23, 2003, 10:45 AM

The widget fix is complete.
SS Studio Pro is done for a while, It's as tight as I hoped it could be at this point and Ive got two other projects in the works.
This release also includes digitaljames' bootpanel, about box and such. Thanks dj. And thanks to Sage and catsank for all the suggestions. Also thanks to everyone who still gets excited about this theme.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

Cerbero
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 23, 2003, 11:58 AM

Originally posted by swiz:
The widget fix is complete.
SS Studio Pro is done for a while, It's as tight as I hoped it could be at this point and Ive got two other projects in the works.
This release also includes digitaljames' bootpanel, about box and such. Thanks dj. And thanks to Sage and catsank for all the suggestions. Also thanks to everyone who still gets excited about this theme.

I can't install it.. ThemeChanger gives me "ThemeChangerTool terminated with status 4 ("Operation Failed")". Do you use Duality, or is it just that my permissions are screwed up?
Does anyone know what the problem might be?

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Aug 23, 2003, 12:07 PM

Originally posted by Cerbero:
I can't install it.. ThemeChanger gives me "ThemeChangerTool terminated with status 4 ("Operation Failed")". Do you use Duality, or is it just that my permissions are screwed up?
Does anyone know what the problem might be?
hmm, not sure, Ive never gotten that error before. Anyone else?

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2003, 04:51 PM

Happens for me too....IMHO the mainthemescript file looks weird....and no black menu extras with this version?

hmm, not sure, Ive never gotten that error before. Anyone else?

honz
Aug 23, 2003, 04:56 PM

Works fine in ThemeChanger for me, looks cool too

[edit]although the preview didn't show up[/edit]

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Aug 23, 2003, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by digitaljames:
Happens for me too....IMHO the mainthemescript file looks weird....and no black menu extras with this version?
The lack of menu extras is because before they were accidentally included and were only the original OSX ones at that. I think Max's black menu extras are the best available and would suggest using those with any theme that warrant black menu extras.

I'll have a look at the main.themescript file again. Ever since I started exporting dlta's from ThemePark instead of doing them by hand I have had issues with the Preview showing up too. I'll just take some time with the themescript and post back here when I am positive all is correct.

catsank
Aug 24, 2003, 06:47 AM

Perfect'o - Much'o - thank'o -
Makes me feel like my plastic feet are on fire!

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Sep 1, 2003, 04:54 AM

I finally got v4 of FCP and am hoping to get DVD SP2 soon after my wedding so expect an update to the original Apple version of Studio Pro.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2003, 03:13 PM

scrollbars seem okay now, so, my fave theme (finally)...until your new one comes out anyway

added the blackmenu extras, and black translucent menus, and i am as happy as a clam (whatever that means)

thanx swiz!
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Sep 2, 2003, 12:54 AM

After looking through the interface for Soundtrack which came with FCP4, I wonder why Apple doesnt use the small scrollbars and push buttons in open/save dialogs everywhere in they OS like they do with this app. It really is amazing. I am going to be creating another Studio Pro vraiant based off of Soundtrack; its GUI is stunning.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Sep 2, 2003, 01:14 AM

...I am going to be creating another Studio Pro vraiant based off of Soundtrack; its GUI is stunning.
Wow, looking forward to it swiz. Hopefully, it'll be lighter than the Swiz style of SS Studio Pro.

cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 2, 2003, 05:19 PM

Originally posted by TheIceMan:
Wow, looking forward to it swiz. Hopefully, it'll be lighter than the Swiz style of SS Studio Pro.

Can someone please post a decent size screen shot of Soundtrack ? I've yet to see this program running on a machine, and Apple's web site doesn't show much.

Thanks,

-cS
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Sep 2, 2003, 07:33 PM

Click for fullsize.

After comparing Soundtrack and Studio Pro, Ive realized the only differences are that Soundtracks tabs are nicer and the push buttons are mostly the "plastic" style. I will still be making it a variant though.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2003, 07:36 PM

oops...cancel this post! (and dock me 1 postpoint..)!
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Sep 2, 2003, 07:56 PM

Actually, after looking through the ProKit.framework folder I see that Soundtrack, FCP, Live Type and Compressor all use the elements in this folder for their GUI so I will be using these elements to make an EXACT Soundtrack replica but not release it publicly since that would certainly be copyright infringement. My public release will be as close to the real deal as possible but only use elements made by me from scratch.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Sep 2, 2003, 09:54 PM

swiz: Just wondering...why couldn't you release a "theme" that has the exact GUI as Soundtrack? I guess, because to me, the "theme" is just that, a skin for the system, and not a program designed to replicate the purpose of Soundtrack itself. Kevin, please know I'm not trying to start anything, just wondering that's all.

mrtew
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2003, 10:49 PM

I'd sure like to know what Apple is doing releasing programs that violate all their user interface standards. I thought the whole purpose of Aqua and the Extras.rsrc was that everything would look the same. It was bad enough when they started with the metal apps, but now they are cooking up new themes for individual programs again and again? WTF??? I wouldn't blame any developers at this point that say 'forget aqua' and just make up any old theme for their programs, stick 'preferences' under the 'Edit' menu and use ctrl 'P' for 'Quit'. Apple is going the opposite direction they should by making everything clash more and more. Whew... just had to vent.... sorry. Nice basis for a theme though!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Sep 2, 2003, 11:31 PM

Originally posted by mrtew:
I'd sure like to know what Apple is doing releasing programs that violate all their user interface standards. I thought the whole purpose of Aqua and the Extras.rsrc was that everything would look the same. It was bad enough when they started with the metal apps, but now they are cooking up new themes for individual programs again and again? WTF??? I wouldn't blame any developers at this point that say 'forget aqua' and just make up any old theme for their programs, stick 'preferences' under the 'Edit' menu and use ctrl 'P' for 'Quit'. Apple is going the opposite direction they should by making everything clash more and more. Whew... just had to vent.... sorry. Nice basis for a theme though!
Ditto.

Kate
Senior User
Sep 3, 2003, 11:57 AM

Ditto.
Ditto

Whatever it is they are smoking it's not doing them well.

quandarry
Sep 3, 2003, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by Kate:
Ditto

Whatever it is they are smoking it's not doing them well.
you gotta come around here more often...

Kate
Senior User
Sep 3, 2003, 02:57 PM

Originally posted by quandarry:
you gotta come around here more often...
I'll try.

Gito
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2003, 04:11 PM

Since I installed this new theme in my Tibook, my computer feels newer and fresh. I do have to get use to the little holes in the upper left corner in every window, but I like them a lot. A very high end theme.

Forum Links
Forum Rules