Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Logitech MX 900 support?

Logitech MX 900 support?
bernt
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2003, 12:10 PM

Hello!

I just bought the MX 900 bluetooth mouse today. It's really good looking, and my powerbook recognized it immediately, but I can't get all the buttons to work. So, does anyone know when logitech control center or usboverdrive will be updated to support it?

TIA

Erlend
PowerBook 15" 1.25G/1G/80G | iMac G5 17" 1.6G/1.5G/300G | MacBook Pro 15" CD2.0G/1.5G/120G | MacBook C2D 2.2G/4G/160G

xylon
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2003, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by bernt:
Hello!

I just bought the MX 900 bluetooth mouse today. It's really good looking, and my powerbook recognized it immediately, but I can't get all the buttons to work. So, does anyone know when logitech control center or usboverdrive will be updated to support it?

TIA

Erlend
Have you checked Logitech's website? I don't know of any formal dates, but sometimes the manufacturer will sneak in a driver update without much fanfare.

^Thanks to sealobo
Viva le ScrollWheel!

ratlater
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 14, 2003, 01:38 PM

Hello!

TIA

Erlend
It's out?! Have you tried USB Overdrive 10.3?

-matt

bernt  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2003, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by ratlater:
It's out?! Have you tried USB Overdrive 10.3?

-matt
Have checked logitech's pages - no driver there. Also tried USB Overdrive 10.3 with no luck - it could not recognize the mouse...

erlend
PowerBook 15" 1.25G/1G/80G | iMac G5 17" 1.6G/1.5G/300G | MacBook Pro 15" CD2.0G/1.5G/120G | MacBook C2D 2.2G/4G/160G

ctbritt
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2003, 04:00 PM

I just got the Cordless Desktop MX for Bluetooth and installed the Logitech Control Panel system pref. While i"m using the BT mouse and keyboard, the Control Center says no devices connected and can't recognize the BT connection. Seems like Logitech needs to update its drivers or something.
Christopher Allbritton
MacOS X 10.4.9, 2GB RAM, 15-in. 2.33 GHz MBP 2 CD
www.back-to-iraq.com

iDORK
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2003, 08:47 PM

Hello!

TIA

Erlend
Hi Tia-

How is the mouse? Is it accurate? Do you experience any noticeable lag ?

Thanks!

bernt  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2003, 10:09 PM

Originally posted by iDORK:
Hi Tia-

How is the mouse? Is it accurate? Do you experience any noticeable lag ?

Thanks!
Except from the lack of drivers, its an excellent mouse. Seems very accurate, and I have not experienced any lag whatsoever. I'm really looking forward to native drivers for it, that would make it the perfect PowerBook mouse!

erlend

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2003, 11:27 PM

I have the MX800 which is the same mouse except its RF wireless and not Bluetooth. It has native drivers, Logitech Control Center version 1.1 - it's a Cocoa application that supports all the mouse buttons.

Necrocool
Forum Regular
Nov 16, 2003, 07:05 AM

Control Center doesn't recognize MX900, neither does MouseWare for PC. The new software for PC is called SetPoint, and there's no driver on Mac yet.

However, you can use the extra buttons with Expose (Button 3-5).

Refresh rate of MX900 is about 80Hz, which is slower than MX700's 125Hz because Bluetooth is the bottleneck here. It's great for portables but is not as smooth as MX700, especially when there's no Mac driver to make the pointer move faster.

dreamBweaver
Forum Regular
Nov 16, 2003, 01:46 PM

I'd like to know battery life specs. Wiithout recharging, how long does it typically last?

Can you transport it (in a bag) without it sensing random things and activating your sleeping PB...I know Apple's BT mouse has an off switch...how does Logitech deal with this issue?
Looking forward.

bernt  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 16, 2003, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by dreamBweaver:
I'd like to know battery life specs. Wiithout recharging, how long does it typically last?

Can you transport it (in a bag) without it sensing random things and activating your sleeping PB...I know Apple's BT mouse has an off switch...how does Logitech deal with this issue?
I got nearly two days of light use before the battery light started to blink... But in the manual it says that you need three full charges before you reach max capacity. I have just charged them once...

Haven't used it in a bag yet, but there is a connect button that lets you "disconnect" the mouse from the computer. But to connect again you need to open the bluetooth setup assistant, which isn't very user-friendly...

erlend

dreamBweaver
Forum Regular
Nov 16, 2003, 03:52 PM

I got nearly two days of light use before the battery light started to blink... But in the manual it says that you need three full charges before you reach max capacity. I have just charged them once...

Haven't used it in a bag yet, but there is a connect button that lets you "disconnect" the mouse from the computer. But to connect again you need to open the bluetooth setup assistant, which isn't very user-friendly...

erlend
Wow, battery life sounds promising.
But, does "disconnect" mean the mouse is not active? Please try to d/c it then move the mouse around and see if it still makes the mouse activate (turn on).

And bernt, how do you feel about the presence of the adaptor. Do you keep it plugged in? I like to keep as little plugged into my PB as possible (just a power adaptor). I have a PB with built-in BT as well and thought it was nonsense to have to have an external adaptor (which is unfortunately the only way to charge it. unless there is a way to charge the batteries with a normal AA charger?) I like how Apple and Belkin's mice don't have external adaptors but Logitech is way ahead in features...
Looking forward.

bernt  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 16, 2003, 06:04 PM

Wow, battery life sounds promising.
But, does "disconnect" mean the mouse is not active? Please try to d/c it then move the mouse around and see if it still makes the mouse activate (turn on).

And bernt, how do you feel about the presence of the adaptor. Do you keep it plugged in? I like to keep as little plugged into my PB as possible (just a power adaptor). I have a PB with built-in BT as well and thought it was nonsense to have to have an external adaptor (which is unfortunately the only way to charge it. unless there is a way to charge the batteries with a normal AA charger?) I like how Apple and Belkin's mice don't have external adaptors but Logitech is way ahead in features...
Disconnect means that the mouse is not active, yes. It does not, unfortunately, turn on when I move the mouse around...

Regarding the adapter, it's up to you if you want to use it or not. The batteries can be charged with a normal AA charger, so there is really no need for it if you have BT built in.

ratlater
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 16, 2003, 07:13 PM

Where have people bought their mx900? I can't find it at any retail stores around Seattle.

-matt

dreamBweaver
Forum Regular
Nov 16, 2003, 07:54 PM

Disconnect means that the mouse is not active, yes. It does not, unfortunately, turn on when I move the mouse around...

Regarding the adapter, it's up to you if you want to use it or not. The batteries can be charged with a normal AA charger, so there is really no need for it if you have BT built in.
Thanks for the info. I'm excited to hear that I can store it by disconnecting it, and then reconnect it, not worrying about it going off in the meantime.
I want this mouse!
Looking forward.

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 16, 2003, 08:51 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm excited to hear that I can store it by disconnecting it, and then reconnect it, not worrying about it going off in the meantime.
I want this mouse!
Can you please confirm what you meant by the following statement?:

The phrasing of the last sentence makes no sense. What's unfortunate about the mouse not turning on after "disconnecting" it? The sentence makes sense if it were "It does, unfortunately, turn on when I move the mouse around..." I don't think any mice besides the Apple one have an on/off switch. I know someone else stated the connect button the Belkin mouse just made the mouse be available to be detected, I believe it's the same with the Logitech mouse.

Necrocool
Forum Regular
Nov 16, 2003, 11:19 PM

The connect button resets the mouse to be discoverable. It does not turn the mouse on or off. So if you want to safely store it in the bag, you have to remove the batteries. Once you put the batteries back in, it will find your computer without reconnecting. I requested the on/off switch back when MX700 was released, but too bad, they believe that being able to use the mouse without switching is more important for users. Which is not true when it comes to a Bluetooth mouse. The other Logitech laptop mouse does have an on/off switch, but since it requires an external dongle, it's not as convenient as a Bluetooth mouse.

dreamBweaver
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2003, 12:30 AM

so removing the batteries could be like an on/off function...not very elegant but thanks for clearing up what that guy said.
=)
Looking forward.

bernt  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2003, 03:29 AM

Originally posted by schk:
Can you please confirm what you meant by the following statement?:

The phrasing of the last sentence makes no sense. What's unfortunate about the mouse not turning on after "disconnecting" it? The sentence makes sense if it were "It does, unfortunately, turn on when I move the mouse around..." I don't think any mice besides the Apple one have an on/off switch. I know someone else stated the connect button the Belkin mouse just made the mouse be available to be detected, I believe it's the same with the Logitech mouse.
Well, I see now that the phrasing could have been better, and what I stated did not make much sense... What would have been a good solution is if the connect button could have been used to also reconnect the mouse.

richc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2003, 10:27 AM

Originally posted by ratlater:
Where have people bought their mx900? I can't find it at any retail stores around Seattle.

-matt
I believe the people who already have the MX900 are from the European region. Please correct me if I'm wrong. And would someone be as kind to purchase one for me and ship it over to the US I'll pay whatever it costs plus a stiff of course

cornydog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2003, 01:37 PM

I bought one over the weekend at CompUSA. They were hidden in a display, not in the normal Mac or PC mice sections. I've only had mine two days, but the battery hasn't died from the initial charge yet.

According to Logitech's website, the mouse isn't even available yet, so there's no information about drivers for OS X. USBOverdrive did not find my mouse. Expose does recognize the additional buttons, unfortunately no other applications do.

richc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2003, 01:57 PM

Originally posted by cornydog:
I bought one over the weekend at CompUSA. They were hidden in a display, not in the normal Mac or PC mice sections. I've only had mine two days, but the battery hasn't died from the initial charge yet.

According to Logitech's website, the mouse isn't even available yet, so there's no information about drivers for OS X. USBOverdrive did not find my mouse. Expose does recognize the additional buttons, unfortunately no other applications do.
Great! Which CompUSA did you get it at? I poked around my local store(Sunrise, FL, USA) but no luck. I looked all over, maybe I should have asked someone

cornydog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2003, 02:04 PM

I bought it in North Alabma. If we have it here, it surely should be available everywhere else in the world It's not on their website, though.

I notice that the poster of this thread http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=187591 seems to be saying he has all the buttons working in safari as well.

Other than Expose, no apps on my machine see anything other than the 2 primary buttons and the scroll wheel, but that's enough for now.

A few people have asked about weight. It seems to weigh about the same as the MX 700.

richc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2003, 02:34 PM

I bought it in North Alabma. If we have it here, it surely should be available everywhere else in the world It's not on their website, though.

I notice that the poster of this thread http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=187591 seems to be saying he has all the buttons working in safari as well.

Other than Expose, no apps on my machine see anything other than the 2 primary buttons and the scroll wheel, but that's enough for now.

A few people have asked about weight. It seems to weigh about the same as the MX 700.
Thanks for your prompt response, could you do me a BIG favor? Can you read the CompUSA SKU number off your receipt, I'm going to call and ask for it by that number. Also what computer are you using the Mx900 with? Are you using the supplied bluetooth adaptor base/charger?Thanks again.

cornydog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2003, 08:52 PM

Using it with the internal bluetooth adapter on a new 12" powerbook.

CompUSA receipt has: 307820 and 930970-0403

Necrocool
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2003, 08:54 PM

The app switch button also works with Expose. But you can't assign back/forward for safari yet. The other post was refering to MX700. MX700 and MX900 don't share the same driver, not even on PC.

Necrocool
Forum Regular
Nov 17, 2003, 08:57 PM

cornydog: does yours feel a little skippy when moving it slowly? It's a little unacceptable when I use it on an external monitor but OK when runing on the small screen.

cornydog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 17, 2003, 10:42 PM

No, mine's been really smooth. I haven't used it on an external monitor yet, though. The MS bluetooth one I used was incredibly jumpy and wouldn't stay connected, so I took it back, got lucky and found that the Logitech was available. Haven't had any trouble with the MX 900.

Are you using a mousepad? or maybe some other standard optical issue?

I'll plug it into an external monitor at work in the morning and see if it makes any difference.

Necrocool
Forum Regular
Nov 18, 2003, 12:08 AM

Thanks cornydog! Yes, I use an aluminum Steelpad which had no problem at all using both MX700 and MX900 on PC. I've been testing the MX900 for more than a month on a PC, and it's definitly more smooth (still not as good as MX700) on the PC with the factory dock station and the built-in bluetooth on a PC laptop. I'll try to use the dock station on the Powerbook later today to see if it has to do with the built-in Bluetooth. Cus Bluetooth uses the same frequency as Airport... ! maybe it is the interference when the lid is closed.

richc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 18, 2003, 01:10 PM

Using it with the internal bluetooth adapter on a new 12" powerbook.

CompUSA receipt has: 307820 and 930970-0403
Thanks Cornydog!!!
I called my local Comp using the number off your receipt and they have it in stock. I'm picking one up after work, you da man, thanks again. I'll report back when I get it home. I'll be using it with a G4 Cube running 10.3.1

bpsmith
Nov 18, 2003, 05:20 PM

Any stores other than CompUSA carrying this at the moment?
Brad Smith
[email protected]

capetown
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 18, 2003, 06:06 PM

Hi,

I am using the mx900 on a rev b 17".

I have tried with bt 1.3 and 1.4.1 and it has a noticeable lag when compared to the trackbad and another wired optical mouse.

Do I need to get hold of the bluetooth update that came with the apple bt mouse?

Should I return it. for �90 I expected more?

Cheers

bernt  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 18, 2003, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by capetown:
Hi,

I am using the mx900 on a rev b 17".

I have tried with bt 1.3 and 1.4.1 and it has a noticeable lag when compared to the trackbad and another wired optical mouse.

Do I need to get hold of the bluetooth update that came with the apple bt mouse?

Should I return it. for �90 I expected more?

Cheers
Can you explain what you meen by lag? I have had mine for half a week and think the mouse is great, except for the lack of customisable drivers.

I used to have the logitech mouseman optical wireless, and the mx900 is at least as good...

richc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 18, 2003, 09:26 PM

Terrible News

The Bluetooth hub which comes with the MX900 is NOT recognized by Panther as a bluetooth module. So another bluetooth module is needed to use the mouse with a computer that does not have bluetooth built in. Interestingly enough the MX900 does move the pointer but none of the buttons works. Grrr. We need to write logitech so they can make drivers for Mac OS X.

Apple system profiler recognizes the Logitech hub as a receiver, but that's it. Anyone have any ideas?

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 18, 2003, 10:00 PM

Originally posted by richc:
Terrible News

The Bluetooth hub which comes with the MX900 is NOT recognized by Panther as a bluetooth module. So another bluetooth module is needed to use the mouse with a computer that does not have bluetooth built in. Interestingly enough the MX900 does move the pointer but none of the buttons works. Grrr. We need to write logitech so they can make drivers for Mac OS X.

Apple system profiler recognizes the Logitech hub as a receiver, but that's it. Anyone have any ideas?
Logitech doesn't even mention OS X compatibility on their product documentation of the mouse, so it's not surprising their cradle is not recognized as a BT module. AFAIK the only reason the mouse works with OS X is because the HID profile is included in the OS, hence no need for a driver for the mouse. The BT module is different and it requires drivers for it to work.

capetown
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2003, 07:56 AM

What I mean by lag is when I move the mouse slowly in a horizontal direction it does not redraw the cursor consistantly - the cursor appears to move a little, then jump, then move, then jump.

If I move the mouse in a quick circular motion, the cursor does not get redrawn as often as other mice.

The cursor always appear to be slightly behind the physical mouse.

My friends were the first to notice after using the mouse briefly.

I was wondering if it is my configuration, or is it just the limitation of bluetooth.

Perhaps bt mouse will never live up to the hype?

For �90, I am certainly returning it - unless someone can help we fix the lag.

On a PC �90 might be worth it for the added functionality of the bt hub?

richc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2003, 09:34 AM

I just e-mailed Logitech about Mac support for the MX900. I was over at the forums there and there is some interest from fellow Mac users, as well as over at Macrumors.com's forums. Here is the direct link so others can write them letting them know were out here and would like support:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...9&languageid=1

Please help us with this cause, if not we may never even have a chance, thanks.

dreamBweaver
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2003, 11:51 AM

You will probably receive this BS, but keep requesting OS X support!

Thank you for using Logitech's Electronic Technical Support. My name is Rekha. The following information addresses your original question. You may wish to print this out and/or save this on your computer.

Unfortunately, the Logitech MX 900 is not compatible with Macintosh.

The system requirements for the MX 900 is Windows� 2000 and Windows XP.

Please refer to the URL provided below, which provides the MX 900 system requirements:

Generally, Logitech tries to have a new release of software for each product when a new Operating System is released, although that is not always possible. Unfortunately, Customer Support does not receive notice of newer software until a press release is announced and there is a potential for calls regarding the product.
Looking forward.

richc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2003, 12:04 PM

Thank you for using Logitech's Electronic Technical Support. My name is Rekha. The following information addresses your original question. You may wish to print this out and/or save this on your computer.

Please refer to the URL provided below, which provides the MX 900 system requirements:

Generally, Logitech tries to have a new release of software for each product when a new Operating System is released, although that is not always possible. Unfortunately, Customer Support does not receive notice of newer software until a press release is announced and there is a potential for calls regarding the product.
Thanks dreamBweaver, if enough of us make noise, we're sure to be heard.

dreamBweaver
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2003, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by Necrocool:
Thanks cornydog! Yes, I use an aluminum Steelpad which had no problem at all using both MX700 and MX900 on PC. I've been testing the MX900 for more than a month on a PC, and it's definitly more smooth (still not as good as MX700) on the PC with the factory dock station and the built-in bluetooth on a PC laptop. I'll try to use the dock station on the Powerbook later today to see if it has to do with the built-in Bluetooth. Cus Bluetooth uses the same frequency as Airport... ! maybe it is the interference when the lid is closed.
I went into my campus store today and found out that another customer complained that there was BAD lag with his Mac (internal bluetooth) + the MX 900. This is probably not because of BT or the technology... There's simply no Logitech-provided drivers for the MX900 for Macs and without them, the mouse won't show it's true capability. Keep petitioning Logitech and we'll have a truly awesome 3rd party BT mouse!
Looking forward.

cornydog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2003, 02:13 PM

I know it works for the internal BT in my powerbook. richc says the Logitech hub doesn't work.

Has anyone tried the MX 900 with a different BT "hub"?

sibellc
Nov 19, 2003, 05:19 PM

I just received the Belkin bluetooth mouse, and I don't really care for it. It works all right, but it's massively uncomfortable; it's angled in the wrong direction. I'd like to try the Logitech, but I don't want some pod sitting on my desk and having to bother to recharge it every two days or so.

Would anyone who is lucky enough to have one already mind testing whether or not it works with standard AA batteries, and maybe estimating how long they last?

I'd really rather not have to go with the one-button apple mouse (which I've already ordered), but this Belkin is way too uncomfortable. If only Kensington would release a bluetooth Studio Mouse.

I can't believe I just spent $70 on one mouse, ordered a second and am looking at a thrid.

Cody Sibell

bernt  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 19, 2003, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by sibellc:
Would anyone who is lucky enough to have one already mind testing whether or not it works with standard AA batteries, and maybe estimating how long they last?
It does work with standard AA batteries. In my experience, they last 2-3 days, depending on the usage level. So it would be highly recommended to use rechargeable batteries (which is provided with the mouse).

sibellc
Nov 19, 2003, 07:36 PM

It does work with standard AA batteries. In my experience, they last 2-3 days, depending on the usage level. So it would be highly recommended to use rechargeable batteries (which is provided with the mouse).
Wow. I wonder what the difference is that causes the battery life difference between belkin/apple and logitech.

capetown
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2003, 06:33 AM

I have now had my mx900 for almost 2 weeks with 17" rev b powerbook.

Lag still p1ssing me off.

Last night I installed the bt firmware update from apple which has now given me the option to use the bt mouse to wake the computer from sleep. But I haven't tried it yet.

No change with respect to lag. Still a very uneven / inconsistent response from the mouse.

I will give it a try on my pc tonight just to check if it is the technology or the lack of drivers.

I will also get an apple bt mouse and compare the response. I do want more mouse buttons and a scroll wheel. But I have started getting used to ctrl+click and if the mouse is responsive, scrolling won't be too painful - but will apple release another mouse shortly?

At least the apple mouse in �30 cheaper than the mx900, which just doesn't cut it...

Can anyone honestly say that their response is equal to the mx700 or a wired mouse - even close?

richc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2003, 09:11 AM

Ok, more bad news, less good news.

Good: Picked up a D-Link Bluetooth module(the one recommended by Apple) last night at CompUSA. Plugged it in, instantly recognized. I first paired my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard after installing the software which came with it on CD. Painless procedure, the keyboard is really nice. I've had it for about a month now in the box, waiting for the MX900 to come out so I could use it's bluetooth hub, which proved to be absolutely useless(see post above).

Bad: I paired the MX900 after pairing the keyboard, it too was recognized by the Bluetooth setup Assistant and paired with no problem. But even with the tracking speed set to maximum the MX900 is slow as molasses. It is absurdly slow, which I guess could be perceived as "Lag" as mentioned above. I guess I just can't win, even after buying my own bluetooth module(for my G4 Cube btw) I can't even use this mouse satisfactorily(I know, I know, it's not officialy supported).

I must stress again we need to contact Logitech to provide us with the proper drivers to use the mouse with our Macs. Link below:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?co...port/contactcs
( Last edited by richc; Nov 20, 2003 at 01:59 PM. )

capetown
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2003, 12:04 PM

Just bought the Apple BT mouse to test if it has the same lag that my MX900 suffers.

Will post my results tonight or tomorrow.

I would prefer the Apple BT over the MX900 if it has no lag, even though functionally it is from the dark ages. Still better than a one button track pad!!

capetown
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2003, 12:15 PM

Just had it out of the box (at work) - powerbook is at home.

It is promising - the mouse slides like a champ. Very low profile and comfortable. Far superior to the feel of the mx900.

When Apple do release a more sophisticated mouse it may just be the best mouse ever - which the MX700 is now, I believe.

More to follow?

richc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 20, 2003, 01:58 PM

Indeed, I just received the BS message and responded with this:

"Hello Rekha, thank you for your timely response, it is greatly appreciated. I was wondering if there is anyone else I can speak to about the issue. I would like to voice my opinion on getting Macintosh support for Logitech's wonderful MX900 product. Or if you could please forward this e-mail or let someone at the company know of the interest for Mac support. Thanks so much again."

Hopefully everyone is e-mailing Logitech about this issue and they will finally respond to the bombardment from us and make the drivers necessary.

Once again, here is the link:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?co...port/contactcs

iDORK
Forum Regular
Nov 21, 2003, 02:02 AM

Originally posted by capetown:
Just had it out of the box (at work) - powerbook is at home.

It is promising - the mouse slides like a champ. Very low profile and comfortable. Far superior to the feel of the mx900.

When Apple do release a more sophisticated mouse it may just be the best mouse ever - which the MX700 is now, I believe.

More to follow?
So the Apple BT is more accurate than the Logitech MX900 ?

Forum Links
Forum Rules