Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Pics from last weekend (leinie lodge, fireworks while high, etc)

Pics from last weekend (leinie lodge, fireworks while high, etc)
george68
Banned
Jun 23, 2004, 12:27 AM

http://chicane.myftp.org/pics/Kevin04/pics.html

Twas quite fun. Did a lot of waterskiing and tubing behind that retro boat. Northern WI is good.

- Rob

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 23, 2004, 02:02 AM

the sunset pics are really cool.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Jun 23, 2004, 05:35 AM

george68  (op)
Banned
Jun 23, 2004, 07:28 PM

Who?

soul searching
Mac Elite
Jun 23, 2004, 07:52 PM

Nifty pictures.

Originally posted by george68:
Who?
You and this fella?

"I think of lotteries as a tax on the mathematically challenged." -- Roger Jones

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Jun 24, 2004, 07:31 AM

Whoa nice! I in particular love the ones with the booze
Could you do me a favor, I would love to have these two photos as desktop wallpapers:

http://chicane.myftp.org/pics/Kevin04/pics-Images/0.jpg
http://chicane.myftp.org/pics/Kevin04/pics-Images/4.jpg

Especially the second one is very impressive, do you have them in a higher resolution like 1280x1024 or even higher?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one
pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,
thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

palmberg
Senior User
Jun 24, 2004, 12:48 PM

I keep the Bible in a pool of blood so that none of its words can affect me.

boardsurfer
Jun 24, 2004, 12:59 PM

those fire pics are very awesome.

C.J. Moof
Mac Elite
Jun 24, 2004, 03:34 PM

Heh. We both made a trip from Madison to the Leinie Lodge thing- I was up visiting friends who live in Menominee.
OS X: Where software installation doesn't require wizards with shields.

george68  (op)
Banned
Jun 24, 2004, 10:28 PM

Originally posted by C.J. Moof:
Heh. We both made a trip from Madison to the Leinie Lodge thing- I was up visiting friends who live in Menominee.
Heh. Last weekend????

- Rob

C.J. Moof
Mac Elite
Jun 24, 2004, 11:28 PM

Yep, last weekend. Didn't really know the anniversary thing at the Lodge was going on- it was a nice surprise. I woulda been happy to just finally get a brewery tour there. I'd been there 3 or 4 times before, but always managed to show up too late, on Sunday, or when the brewery wasn't offering tours for some reason or other.

Did you manage to catch the "northwoods logging competetions" or whatever that was? They were done by the time we showed up. Something sponsored by Skil chainsaws....

george68  (op)
Banned
Jun 25, 2004, 12:30 AM

Originally posted by D'Espice:
Whoa nice! I in particular love the ones with the booze
Could you do me a favor, I would love to have these two photos as desktop wallpapers:

http://chicane.myftp.org/pics/Kevin04/pics-Images/0.jpg
http://chicane.myftp.org/pics/Kevin04/pics-Images/4.jpg

Especially the second one is very impressive, do you have them in a higher resolution like 1280x1024 or even higher?
Most of the sunset pics are unfortunately blurry, except for one. Anyway, here's fullsize.

http://chicane.myftp.org/pics/sunset.jpg

- Rob

george68  (op)
Banned
Jun 25, 2004, 12:33 AM

Yep, last weekend. Didn't really know the anniversary thing at the Lodge was going on- it was a nice surprise. I woulda been happy to just finally get a brewery tour there. I'd been there 3 or 4 times before, but always managed to show up too late, on Sunday, or when the brewery wasn't offering tours for some reason or other.

Did you manage to catch the "northwoods logging competetions" or whatever that was? They were done by the time we showed up. Something sponsored by Skil chainsaws....
Ditto about the surprise. The cookies were damn good also, though I wasn't really up for brats (ate tons of eggs/cheese/bacon for breakfast). Nah, we didn't catch that either. Oh well. We basically took the tour and drank some beer and ate some of the food, then went tubing/skiing.

- Rob

lazydesert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 25, 2004, 12:51 AM

mmmmm leinenkugals. . . definately one of my faves along with boulevard out of kansas city
lazydesert

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2004, 06:14 AM

Thanks Ca$h
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one
pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,
thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

george68  (op)
Banned
Jun 25, 2004, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by lazydesert:
mmmmm leinenkugals. . . definately one of my faves along with boulevard out of kansas city
Yeah, Leinie's is pretty great beer, especially for the price. Then again, there are stupid morons like that Kilbey fellow who put it in the same category as Miller.

- Rob

C.J. Moof
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2004, 10:27 AM

It's not as repulsively overcarbonated as Miller and Budweiser products. Regular ol' Leine's is just good everyday stock-the-fridge beer. Most everything they do is quality, tho I'll pass on the Honey Weiss, and I consider the Berry Weiss an insult to the brand. That's disgusting crap.

palmberg
Senior User
Jun 25, 2004, 11:08 AM

Why in the hell ANYONE would go to tour the Leinenkugel brewery when New Glarus is a gorgeous 40-minute drive from Madison is just beyond me. I'll put an Edel Pils up against any of the piss from Leinies or Boulevard any day of the week. God I wish I could buy NG here in Iowa....
I keep the Bible in a pool of blood so that none of its words can affect me.

george68  (op)
Banned
Jun 25, 2004, 07:23 PM

It's not as repulsively overcarbonated as Miller and Budweiser products. Regular ol' Leine's is just good everyday stock-the-fridge beer. Most everything they do is quality, tho I'll pass on the Honey Weiss, and I consider the Berry Weiss an insult to the brand. That's disgusting crap.
Agreed. Honey Weiss is okay if ..eh.. you're eating something, and just want something refreshing. Kinda like Corona. Anyway, I think their best beer is "Northwoods". Ever have it? It's GREAT! That and capital 1900.... 1900 rocks!

- Rob

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 25, 2004, 07:41 PM

Agreed. Honey Weiss is okay if ..eh.. you're eating something, and just want something refreshing. Kinda like Corona. Anyway, I think their best beer is "Northwoods". Ever have it? It's GREAT! That and capital 1900.... 1900 rocks!

- Rob
i just picked up a "tacklebox" (4 different beers) this week from leine...drinking a amber light right now....the red was alright, so was the honeyweiss...have to drink a few more before i drink the creamy dark. never had northwoods though...is that a year round beer??

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

george68  (op)
Banned
Jun 25, 2004, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by palmberg:
Why in the hell ANYONE would go to tour the Leinenkugel brewery when New Glarus is a gorgeous 40-minute drive from Madison is just beyond me. I'll put an Edel Pils up against any of the piss from Leinies or Boulevard any day of the week. God I wish I could buy NG here in Iowa....
I don't think New Glarus is all that. I like leinie's better. Plus it's significantly cheaper.

- Rob

george68  (op)
Banned
Jun 25, 2004, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by nredman:
i just picked up a "tacklebox" (4 different beers) this week from leine...drinking a amber light right now....the red was alright, so was the honeyweiss...have to drink a few more before i drink the creamy dark. never had northwoods though...is that a year round beer??
I don't think so. I think it's a fall/winter beer. Check out bigg butt dopplebock if you get the chance, it's also pretty damn tasty.

- Rob

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 25, 2004, 08:52 PM

I don't think so. I think it's a fall/winter beer. Check out bigg butt dopplebock if you get the chance, it's also pretty damn tasty.

- Rob
i have seen big butt the name always makes me laugh ??? anwyays the company i work for distributes leinie beers so i have to try them all

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

C.J. Moof
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2004, 09:40 PM

- Rob
Is it? They had the creamy dark on tap at the Lodge family reunion... maybe it was the leftovers from last fall.

I only had Capitol 1900 once, and as I recall, it was kinda light for my taste- as if it was brewed with more corn and less malt than I prefer. My fridge usually has Capitol Amber in it.... matterafact, it's time to go get one now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules