Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS/FT: Dual 1ghz MDD Powermac G4

FS/FT: Dual 1ghz MDD Powermac G4
anim8ing
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 10, 2006, 09:54 PM

Hey all,

The time has come to get a laptop, and as such I'd like to sell or trade my MDD Tower, and Sony LCD. I'm really looking for an Alubook, but will entertain offers for an iBook. The specs are listed below.

MDD Powermac G4 w/ dual 1ghz processors.
1.25gb RAM
Combined total of 220gb of HDD space (120gb+100gb)
D-Link Bluetooth adapter
D-Link USB Wireless Adapter (works great in os x with drivers from RA-Link)
ATI Radeon 9000 w/64mb (DVI+ADC)
Apple (pioneer) 2x Superdrive
Mad-Dog 16x Dual Layer DVD-RW (in second bay)
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 (keyboard and laser mouse)
Comes with Tiger 10.4 Upgrade Disc.
Sony 17" LCD (1280x1024 w/ Xbrite sells for 359.00 on the sony site w/ 40.00 rebate).. less than 3 months old, and has a 3 year CompUSA warranty). Sony Model is SDM-HS75P/B

I'm looking for $1025.00 shipped for this machine, or as I stated above a trade for an Alubook.

Feel free to PM or email me wihth any questions. I'll try to get some pics up in the morning!

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2006, 10:10 PM

Would you be interested in selling just the tower with only:

100GB HDD
both opticals
ram
video card
power cord

ie .....no KB, mouse, monitor, bluetooth, wireless or 10.4.........

if so, how much ?
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

anim8ing  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 11, 2006, 12:45 AM

maybe we can work something out. pm sent.

anim8ing  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 11, 2006, 06:40 PM

bump

anim8ing  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 11, 2006, 10:34 PM

Edit: 975 shipped. . sorry, can't edit my post for some reason.

anim8ing  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 13, 2006, 12:39 AM

Final bump, 950 shipped for the entire package. If no one is interested, I'll toss it on eBay.

Kirkman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 25, 2006, 05:27 PM

For the record, I just wanted to update this thread with the end result of this sale. I bought the MDD tower from Dan, minus the adapters, display, etc.

He was very responsive during negotiations, but after I sent payment it was a bit tough to get in touch with him. It took a couple days for him to actually ship it, and then several more days before he gave me the tracking number. He said he was working very long hours (something he has told other sellers as well, which I found by searching this forum).

That was probably true, but I started to get a bit nervous anyway. I thought perhaps the deal was going to turn out to be a scam.

However, it was not a scam. The machine did arrive, it just took a long time (10 days after I sent the money). It has performed very well since the purchase.

But not all was well. Dan told me he sent a small refund through PayPal to make up for the delays and problems. However, the refund never came. I contacted PayPal and they said flat out that he never sent anything. I emailed him multiple times to try and resolve the issue but he never responded. He has also disappeared from AIM, though it may be that he just added me to his invisible list. I was disappointed with his lack of response.

Anyway, just wanted to put all this on the record.

--Josh

CTSxViper
May 27, 2006, 04:03 AM

That's terrible, but thank goodness it was not a scam. Glad you got it and are happy with it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules